Roster Moves

HoosierCat

Yah, Sims was here in 2012 after all. Only played half the year though. Ultimately I think that's why they let him go, he just couldn't stay healthy. Last year was just the second time he managed a full 16 games.

I think they'll be OK on defense. What they really need is for all the high picks on offense (Gio, Hill, Gresham, Eifert, Sanu, Moobs, Zeitler) to play up to their potential.

• Replies 258
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I do like the move put Bilikudi on PS, and put another vet up front. With not knowing how Geno will be the first couple games I like the move.

I was scrolling through the comments on the cutdown thread at Mile High Report and Vickerson was one of the guys they were sorry to see go. Has a rep as a solid run-stuffer but not much of a rushing threat. They aren't real happy about having to face him when we play Denver, but are very happy he didn't sign with division rival SD, who were also interested in him.

Bottom line, sounds like a good move. Has not been officially confirmed yet, though.

Per Denver Post writer Mike Klis, Vickerson was indeed in town for a physical but is not going to sign "this week." Which means the Bengals are probably waiting until after the start of the season. Since he's a vested vet, his salary would be guaranteed if he were on the roster week 1. Waiting a week will give Cincy some protection since Vickerson is coming off a late-season hip injury.

In other words, expect an announcement next Monday, assuming he doesn't get a better offer in the meantime.

ETA: here's Klis' story: http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2014/09/02/kevin-vickerson-shops-around/29160/

Kevin Vickerson, a starting Broncos’ defensive tackle since the start of the 2010 season until he was released Saturday, visited the Cincinnati Bengals on Tuesday and took a physical.

The Bengals, however, will not sign Vickerson this week, according to an NFL source. Possibly next week. Any vested veteran (four years or more of NFL service time) who is on a team’s season-opening roster automatically has his full-season salary guaranteed.

Vickerson is 31 and coming off a dislocated hip injury, which presents enough question mark for a team to minimize its risk.

But I would say this to the Bengals: Before he got hurt in game 11 last season at New England, Vickerson was the Broncos’ best defensive lineman. Tackle, end, nose guard or otherwise. For a playoff contender, Vickerson is worth waiting on to see if he can regain form.

Cobi was added as the tenth and final member of the practice squad today

/>http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/9/1/6095143/cobi-hamilton-added-to-cincinnati-bengals-practice-squad/in/5854448

I was thinking QB (mainly) or possibly safety or CB (Hampton would have been a good addition)

Apparently the report was wrong, or Cobi got a better offer. Instead Dehner reports they picked up some kid from Baylor, WR Tevin Reese. Dehner adds this nugget:

FWIW, Tevin Reese rated as the worst offensive player for the Chargers this preseason by @PFF (-5.7).

Ouch.

Cobi was added as the tenth and final member of the practice squad today

/>http://www.cincyjungle.com/2014/9/1/6095143/cobi-hamilton-added-to-cincinnati-bengals-practice-squad/in/5854448

I was thinking QB (mainly) or possibly safety or CB (Hampton would have been a good addition)

Apparently the report was wrong, or Cobi got a better offer. Instead Dehner reports they picked up some kid from Baylor, WR Tevin Reese. Dehner adds this nugget:

FWIW, Tevin Reese rated as the worst offensive player for the Chargers this preseason by @PFF (-5.7).

Ouch.

Sounds as if Dehner is butt-hurt that Hamilton wasn't the guy. Hamilton had his opportunity and blew it. At least Reese had more than one season of production in college-the guy had 25 career TDs. As for being the "worst" offensive player for the Chargers, it is peculiar that Dehner chose this as the one thing to mention about the new guy, You'd think that by now he would have gotten used to being wrong about his Bengals personnel assessments. I was hoping Hampton would make good, but there has to be something that kept him from getting drafted or signed as an UDFA until the summer or from getting even a sniff at some practice squad.

that sucks massively

worst practice squad move so far BY FAR

there are several others I didn't like but this one takes the 2 ton cake

You and Dehner must have met in the butt doctor's waiting room.

I WANT to see Mccalebb returning kicks tomorrow.

hope so too, but would that then mean that Tate steps it up in the WR corps ???

The loss of Bilikudi really hurts, but it will be a LOT worse if the Bengals don't sign Vickerson tomorrow

I am praying they had him standing by in town to sign his contract in the early AM so he can start practicing with the team first thing tommorrow

Give me the "best DLineman on the Broncos in 2013" over __ANY__ receiving TE available right now.

Besides, they can have the newbie H-Back help out at TE til Eifert comes back, as he's demonstrated better than adequate receiving skills