Dalton Deal Done

HoosierCat

Wasn't last year the year that Dalton had all he needed to succeed? Didn't commentators, and Dalton himself, say last season that 2013 there were no excuses, that it was all on him because they'd surrounded him with all these new weapons? I'm having déjà vu.

Oh no, you are absolutely right. But then look at what happened once they started to play ball. We have this explosive back named Gio...yet they kept giving the ball to Green-Ellis. They draft a new stud tight end in Eifert...and then use him as a blocker and barely throw to him. They install Sanu, who had a decent 2012, as the No. 2...where he struggles to produce, and continue to give him the lions share of snaps even as Jones emerges. That didn't start to change until late in the year.

It's one thing to have the weapons and another to use them. I'm hopeful that Hue will change things up. I have to admit the continued presence of BJGE on. The roster is...frustrating. If I see Hill standing on the sideline while Benny gives the usual three feet and a cloud of dust, I will scream loud enough you'll hear me in central Ohio.

• 4 weeks later...
  • Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From the sentences I never thought I'd type department: bengals FO >>> KC FO. They just gave Alex Smith $45 million guaranteed over the next two years.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/08/31/chiefs-extend-alex-smith/

$30 million guaranteed at signing, $15 million more kicks in in march.

Nuts.

From the sentences I never thought I'd type department: bengals FO >>> KC FO. They just gave Alex Smith $45 million guaranteed over the next two years.

http://profootballta...end-alex-smith/

$30 million guaranteed at signing, $15 million more kicks in in march.

Nuts.

People have lost their minds. Unrelated to the Smith deal, but...

On Mike & Mike the other morning they had some guests on who were really bashing Dalton. Saying his success was due entirely to Jay Gruden. Guden is such a mastermind, he turned Andy Dalton into a top 5 fantasy QB. ANDY DALTON!?!? As if he was just a complete scrub from the trash heap that Gruden managed to polish up.

You know guys...maybe he's actually *shocked face*...a decent football player?

While we're on the subject of nutty deals, the Texans have reportedly given JJ Watt $100 million, $51 million of it guaranteed.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/09/02/report-j-j-watt-texans-agree-to-long-term-extension/

Details are everything but on the surface, that's just bonkers.

Damn COB your wife is smokin!!!!

Aye, meat usually !lol.giflol.giflol.gif