Sucking

ArmyBengal

Boy did the Reds hit a slump or what ?? They've lost all but one game since the break are now 6 games back and sitting at .500 again.

Geesh, how quickly things can change. Hopefully they find a way to swing back the other way, but i'm still not banking on it.

Injuries have seemed to really hit the team this year. Not offering up excuses, but rather simply acknowledging how things have gone.

After the 15 inning loss last night, they are now a game under .500, good God.

I'm headed down to the game tonight. I'll see what I can do to get this back on track !!!

:2guns: :2guns:

On a side note: the above gun smiley is not an indicator of me planning on shooting up the ballpark or a threat of violence.

:lmao:

Glad I could help the Reds muster a 3-0 win this evening.

I kicked the door into their locker room and let loose a profanity laced motivational speech like none heard before.

I ended it by saying, "Don't make me send Leopard Print Snuggie in here to f*ck you up !!!"

Chapman continues his streak of consecutive innings with a strikeout and notches his 100th save.

That lineup is just crazy with everyone dinged up. I don't know whats up with all of them, but a win is a gift when there is no Votto, Bruce, Phillips, Ludwick, or Heisey. Tonight they had Lutz, Shumacher, and Santiago getting starts with Pena playing first.

Leake had a nice night and the Redlegs are back at .500

Glad I could help the Reds muster a 3-0 win this evening.

I kicked the door into their locker room and let loose a profanity laced motivational speech like none heard before.

I ended it by saying, "Don't make me send Leopard Print Snuggie in here to f*ck you up !!!"

Chapman continues his streak of consecutive innings with a strikeout and notches his 100th save.

That lineup is just crazy with everyone dinged up. I don't know whats up with all of them, but a win is a gift when there is no Votto, Bruce, Phillips, Ludwick, or Heisey. Tonight they had Lutz, Shumacher, and Santiago getting starts with Pena playing first.

Leake had a nice night and the Redlegs are back at .500

Thanks for working your voodoo! Keep up the good work.

Looks like I owe you one of those, the next time I'm in town:

cheers.gif

• 4 weeks later...

And the SUCK continues.

The Reds are pretty much done, sitting 6 games under .500 and only 3.5 ahead of the Cubs for the bottom of the NL Central.

This might be one of the worst offensive Reds teams i've seen in a while.

I guess you could say that 6.5 from a wild card isn't out of the question, but it's HIGHLY unlikely from what we've seen from them.

My bigger concern is what they do from here. There are a bunch of pitchers coming due and I don't know how they hold onto guys when considering some of the other contracts that have been handed out to guys like (Votto, Bruce, and Phillips). It will be a challenge for them to remain in contention in the coming years I fear.

Sigh...

Yeah, they're done.

They have the pitching to compete, even if they lose a guy or two. They need Stephenson to develop and be ready next season. They need their bullpen to be healthy next year.

On offense, they need a healthy/productive Votto and need to sign a bat in LF.

If they can pull all this off, they'll be fine, but it's a lot of IFs.

Yeah, I saw a story that now Phillips is in a (10-5 ??) status or something like that, he can void any trade.

That keeps him with the Reds for as long as HE sees fit.

They said Griffey was in the same boat, but he was good leaving with the thought of contending.

Who knows what happens on that front, but seeing a team take on his contract would surprise me.

I will say the injuries have been brutal this season, but good God it's been hard to watch this team from a hitting standpoint.

Keep Negron at Second and trade Phillips for a left field MLB player that can hit and use a glove.

Negron is a downgrade from Phillips (when he's not injured).

Phillips is in the downward trend of his playing time and Negron is in the upward trend. I think long term Negron is the way to go. Trading Phillips to get the big bat in LF and keeping Negron at second makes the team better.

Keep Negron at Second and trade Phillips for a left field MLB player that can hit and use a glove.

Negron is a downgrade from Phillips (when he's not injured).

Phillips is in the downward trend of his playing time and Negron is in the upward trend. I think long term Negron is the way to go. Trading Phillips to get the big bat in LF and keeping Negron at second makes the team better.

In all of Negron's time in the minors, he's a career low - mid .200s hitter. I'm glad he's had a good stint this season, but he's not a long-term solution.

Don't get me wrong...if we could trade Phillips for a big bat in LF, I'd consider it.

It's not going to happen.

Phillips is still one of the reasons I enjoy watching the Reds and I don't want to see him go at this point.

However, if they were able to get him to agree to a trade AND add someone of substance, it would have to be considered.

In the mean time, i'm keeping watch on Hamilton who I think is within 5-6 stolen bases of the Reds single season record.

You had to know that record was his for the taking when he started the season. He's been fun to watch this season.

He looks like he really enjoys playing the game and smiles a lot. There's a spark there.

Phillips is still one of the reasons I enjoy watching the Reds and I don't want to see him go at this point.

However, if they were able to get him to agree to a trade AND add someone of substance, it would have to be considered.

In the mean time, i'm keeping watch on Hamilton who I think is within 5-6 stolen bases of the Reds single season record.

You had to know that record was his for the taking when he started the season. He's been fun to watch this season.

He looks like he really enjoys playing the game and smiles a lot. There's a spark there.

He smiles a lot, will be a lot better when he gets his braces off.

He smiles a lot, will be a lot better when he gets his braces off.

He'll be a lot better when he has other guys that can drive him in when he gets on base.

I love Frazier and he's had a great year, but would you ever believe that he would be the team leader in each of the following areas ??

Batting Average, Home Runs, RBI's, On Base Percentage, and Runs

If that doesn't speak to what the injuries have done to this team in 2014, nothing does.

Oh I love everything about Hamilton except his smile. Kid needs to spend some money and time fixing that grill.

My wife says the same thing about his teeth (she a dental assistant), but at least he appears happy.

Votto on the other hand always looks like playing the game is such an effort.

Maybe that's just his seriousness about the game, but d*mn.

• 1 month later...

Just a quick review of the season:

SUCKED !!!

But may have been just what we needed. It's time for the FO to get to work...

Get to work ?? Yes they do. I know there were injuries this season, but you can't have pitching like that and couple it with some of the worst hitting we've seen in many seasons. I like Frazier, but when he leads in all statistical hitting catagories, that's not right. Maybe a healthy Votto helps out a lot, but Bruce had best figure himself out as well. He didn't even has his typical "hot streak" this year. Something has to give in regards to fixing the hitting woes of this team.

Just a quick review of the season:

SUCKED !!!

But may have been just what we needed. It's time for the FO to get to work...

Get to work ?? Yes they do. I know there were injuries this season, but you can't have pitching like that and couple it with some of the worst hitting we've seen in many seasons. I like Frazier, but when he leads in all statistical hitting catagories, that's not right. Maybe a healthy Votto helps out a lot, but Bruce had best figure himself out as well. He didn't even has his typical "hot streak" this year. Something has to give in regards to fixing the hitting woes of this team.

Get a LF bat.

NOW.