Bengals @ Ravens Game Thread

HoosierCat

Protected the Patriots by destroying the evidence the same day he viewed it. At some point he's going to end up under oath on the stand or at a deposition table. We'll see what he says then.

He's a liar and seems to proudly favor his pet franchises when governing the league.

Goodbye, hopefully. Skyline and TJ are right, it's going to be the lost the vid defense.

Same defense Ken Lay and Jeffrey Skilling used at Enron. I'm too high up to know what's going on so you can't hold me responsible. There was a more recent high profile case where this defense was used but I can't recall what it was.

"Independent"? What a joke.

Basically it's I'll pay you a couple million to tell everyone I shouldn't lose my $44 million per year job. Mara and Rooney families are Goodell's friends and protectors. Goodell's father was a United Stated Senator for New York, the families go way back.

Whitewash. Coverup. The money does whatever it wants.

CNN says the FBI will be investigating

I still say the goat is being selected and prepared for the sacrifice

I wouldn't be surprised at all if a Haldeman or Erlichman is eventually put forward to cover for Nixon Goodell. Right now, though, I think all they are trying to do is get ahead of the story. And by playing ye olde "independent investigation" card, they can do that. Now, the league has the excuse it needs to answer all questions with "no comment." They'll say the investigation is ongoing, no comment until it's finished, etc. That will give them a good six months or so to assemble a plausible cover story out of the pieces already on the table, and to gentle down the normally pliant sports media, which has its nose slightly out of joint right now since it's obvious they got played.

The challenge will be the broader media, which now has its investigative teeth into the story. Fortunately, the news cycle is fast and if the league can stonewall even for a little while chances are attention will wander elsewhere. We shall see.

CNN says the FBI will be investigating

FORMER FBI member who know works for a law firm.

A law firm that has worked with the NFL many times in the past.

A.K.A. there's nothing "independent" about it.

And yes...I'm sure a scapegoat will be found. Then, there will be some chiding of Goodell about how he's clearly not running a tight enough ship, but, we all make mistakes, right? At least he "got it right" in the end.

Now, let's get back to making some $$$.

And just when you think it couldn't get worse, it does.

/>http://thebiglead.com/2014/09/11/roger-goodell-didnt-investigate-ray-rice-further-out-of-respect-to-rices-wife-janay-owner-claims/

Yup, that's the new line: this is all the fault of the woman who got punched in the head!

Jeebus Clueless Kay-rist...