New year new team

combatbengal

I'm sitting here watching a replay of last years game against the Packers. We were up by 14, Zimmer's Def is playing great. Michael Johnson has a sack and putting pressure on Rogers - we let him go!! Then our offense goes to work, fumble by Gresham, Fumble by the Law Firm, fumble by Dalton.... Now we've lost the lead. Good lord!

So, this year, we have no Zimmer, we have no Johnson, Still have Gresham, still have Dalton, still have the Law Firm....

No idea what this season is going to bring us. New team, new faces, new season.

I'm hoping Atkins comes back just as good as he was! I'm hoping Gio gets more playing time and carries! I'm hoping our Rookie QB gives Dalton a run for his money with the starting positions! I'm hoping one or two of our WR's steps up and helps Green. I'm hoping Sanzenbacher gets more playing time and is put back there to receive punts - I hate Tate being back there! I'm hoping for a lot!!

Step away from the ledge there brother.

Want a good look at what our rookie QB can do ?? Better watch the preseason, because you won't see him again until the 2015 preseason.

Campbell would get the nod if something happened to Dalton.

Still don't care much about MJ leaving. BJGE will be lucky to remain on the team come week one.

Guenther isn't exactly a new face on the defensive side of things and Zimmer wanted him as his DC in Minny.

That has to count for something.

The GB game was ugly all around on the turnover front, four by each team. It reminds me again just how appalling Cincy's ball security was early in the year. They would have won the opener in Chicago if they had been able to hold on to the damn ball. Hopefully this year they don't come out of the gate with grease on their hands again.

Also, before we canonize the defense, the Green Bay game gave us a sparkling preview of the playoff loss to SD. Our allegedly great defense coughed up 184 yards on the ground on 30 GB carries. That's an average of more than six freakin' yards a pop. Even if you subtract Franklin's big 51 yard scamper, the Packers were still averaging over four yards a carry. The run D has to be fixed or teams will just pound the heck out of us.

And speaking of the run, for all the crap Dalton gets (and much of it is deserved) this was another game where he had to do it all. For once, Gruden didn't abandon the run, but it wasn't worth a damn. The Bengals got 82 yards on 24 carries, a lousy 3.4 yard average. Toss out the longest run, a 17 yard rush by Gio, and that average falls to a putrid 2.8 yards per carry. 2.8 yards!!!! :puke:/>

So...yep, new year, new team. Hopefully they can fix last year's problems.