Some Intersting Numbers

gregcook68

Interesting stats.

If the Bengals break through this season, i.e. 12 plus wins, and/or a playoff run it will be because of 2 factors.

Hue Jackson and Jeremy Hill. The defense will continue to be stout. But I really think that Dalton can benefit from a run heavy offense and the offense in general from Hue's demeanor.

Interesting stats.

If the Bengals break through this season, i.e. 12 plus wins, and/or a playoff run it will be because of 2 factors.

Hue Jackson and Jeremy Hill. The defense will continue to be stout. But I really think that Dalton can benefit from a run heavy offense and the offense in general from Hue's demeanor.

Agree wholeheartedly!

One physical and two psychological hurdles also come to mind this year.

Stay relatively healthy with no key/major injuries.

Winning that first game in Baltimore and winning the first prime time game would be a huge psychological victory and confidence builder!

More numbers from Hobs.

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Five-stats-that-translate-to-North-repeat/68ebc84a-3a64-409f-ad98-bc0bc8dd3435

This is the key IMO:

4.3 YARDS PER RUSH: This is another stat where the Bengals are living on borrowed time after they finished 28th in the NFL at 3.6 yards per. People can talk about it being a passing league, but eight of the 12 playoff teams averaged at least 4.2 yards per rush. And two other playoff teams that finished ranked in the 20s (Denver and New Orleans) had a seamless enough passing game to overcome it.

In that Final Four weekend in the conference championship games, three of the teams ran it at least 4.3 per rush during the regular season.

This is another trend Lewis has to reverse. After the Bengals averaged 4.1 yards per rush to sweep the AFC North in 2009, they’ve averaged 3.8 yards per rush ever since. The man of the hour is new starting running back Giovani Bernard. His 4.1 rookie average last season was the best by a Bengals back with at least 170 carries since Cedric Benson's 4.2 in 2009.