General Training Camp Thread

HoosierCat

I suppose. But they've been doing the drill forever, and I can't recall ever hearing that anyone got hurt. Maybe I'm just not remembering well, but for a drill that everyone is always so worried about causing injuries, it doesn't seem to do so any more often than anything else they do at camp. I mean, AJ got hurt last year trying to make a catch. Larry Black busted a wheel in regular practice. This year Whit hurt his calf in early drills, Kirkpatrick tweaked a hammy in practice, etc. If your goal is to reduce injuries, frankly it seems like it would make more sense to eliminate everything but the Oklahoma drill...

I'll give you that Hoosier, but there's simply no point in the drill itself outside of pumping up players for the moment.

It's great that they've had no injuries, but how do you think the drill would go over if Burfict blew out a knee while do it ??

My guess would be, not very well.

Oh, I get it Army. It just strikes me as funny that the one drill they cut out is the one that never seems to cause injuries.

On another note I loved what I was seeing in Brennen's vines yesterday of Hill and Gio. It sounds like Hill had some good carries up the gut (there as a nice video of one) and that he held up well in protection duties against Last Name Rey. OTOH Gio apparently annoyed Burfict, who took care to make him his personal rhymes-with-witch in drills yesterday for some reason. Burkhead got some props for blocking and pass protection too.

If they can get a real ground game going, this team will go far.

And I have no idea how Green-Ellis makes the final roster.

I made it down for a little while with the family yesterday. Really only caught the tail-end of practice and hung around for autographs. Got Hill, Nugent and Peerman, among others. Peerman's uniform was all stained and grassy on his backside. I asked him how practice went and he didn't seem to want to talk about it. Now I see the highlights where Burfict blew him up, I know why! :D

Also funny, my wife, whilst trying to wrangle 4 little kids across the street wasn't paying attention and just about took out Last-Name-Rey. Would've been just like the Bengals for them to cut the OK drill only to see a player taken out by a 120 lb woman crossing the street! :D

Oh, I get it Army. It just strikes me as funny that the one drill they cut out is the one that never seems to cause injuries.

On another note I loved what I was seeing in Brennen's vines yesterday of Hill and Gio. It sounds like Hill had some good carries up the gut (there as a nice video of one) and that he held up well in protection duties against Last Name Rey. OTOH Gio apparently annoyed Burfict, who took care to make him his personal rhymes-with-witch in drills yesterday for some reason. Burkhead got some props for blocking and pass protection too.

If they can get a real ground game going, this team will go far.

And I have no idea how Green-Ellis makes the final roster.

Yeah, there's been some really good write ups in regards to the running game and I agree about BJGE.

I think he has some value, but not at the expense of a guy like Burkhead honestly.

Also couldn't agree more when considering what an above average running game does for this offense.

I know everyone is pretty happy with Gio at this point, but I recall many people wanting Eddie Lacy last year.

Well, with Hill, it's like they got both. Hill might not have the 4.4 speed, but I LOVE this RB combo and I can't wait to see it come Sunday's !!!

On a totally different subject, today the Bengals provide yet another reason not to go to the games at PBS:

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-Announce-Partnership-With-Papa-Johns-Pizza/05379d92-35e1-4c93-af4c-65acbea47eeb

Great. Now you guys get crappy takeout pizza to go with your overpriced domestic horsewater...

PS re Manziel check the Browns thread in the AFCN forum, army.

Adam Schefter @AdamSchefter · 14m

Bengals activated DT Geno Atkins off PUP.

Welcome back Geno Atkins. After he got hurt last year I figured there was no way they'd make the playoffs, yet they went ahead and got in (then Phillip Rivers happened). It is all the more encouraging to see that we had a playoff level team without Geno. Now add him back into the mix, and I'm thrilled for the season to start.

Two new coordinators, but neither one blew up the whole scheme and started over.

Andre Smith is on the concussion list.

Sounds like it was the chippest practice of them all so far. Refs were there, and sounds like bengals offense was very sloppy with a lot of flags. To many false starts, holding call ect. Good thing it's still very early.

Sounds like it was the chippest practice of them all so far. Refs were there, and sounds like bengals offense was very sloppy with a lot of flags. To many false starts, holding call ect. Good thing it's still very early.

Sounds a lot like last season, sloppy offense with mental mistakes.

I suspect that both Whit and Moobs being out had a lot to do with it.

In other news Chris Lewis-Harris suspended 2 games for PEDs.

DiManche also out with a concussion.

On a lighter note, we finally have a reason to use this smiley: :batman:

/>http://espn.go.com/blog/cincinnati-bengals/post/_/id/9558/bengals-wallace-gilberry-batman-doubt-risk-dark-knight

Now, if only someone would do a highlight video in the style of the old TV show...BAM! POW! SACK!

So the Bengals released their first depth chart today (it's on the site) with no sign of Tyler Eifert.

Gresh is first string, Alex a Smith second and some guy I've never heard of third. Other positions list "other" after third string, but not TE.

Makes me wonder if he's facing a suspension for weed or PEDs?