Where Are They Now?

HoosierCat

All those former Bengals studs & starters, I mean. I just saw the news that Harvard's Finest has been named the starter in Houston.

/>http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/11097727/ryan-fitzpatrick-named-houston-texans-starting-qb

And then there's this:

chad-johnson-back-06142014.jpg

Army, I thought you'd like it since it looks like he's about to be hit by two trucks...

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• 1 month later...

Looks like RunPee has the inside track on the No. 2 job in Chicago.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/23/trestman-jordan-palmer-will-get-first-run-at-top-backup-qb-job/

Good for him. Back up QB is such a highly desirable job, if you can get it.

M E M O R A N D U M

TO: Mike Zimmer

RE: This never works...

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/07/24/zimmer-will-see-all-three-qbs-in-the-preseason-before-picking-one/

Sincerely,

Dick

CC:

J. Kitna

G. Frerotte

A. Smith

Yeah, not sure how that's going to work out for Zimmer up there with those QB's, but i'm rooting for him to do well.

I think long term Bridgewater is the better option, but will Zimmer throw him out there or play it safe with Cassel until he really screws up ??

Ponder ?? Another Blaine Gabbert. Shouldn't be anything more than a backup.

Hawkins is impressing the coaching staff up North:

1. Andrew Hawkins continues to draw raves from the coaches, and for good reason. As Mike Pettine said: "He's been an ultimate professional ... You would think he was a 10-year veteran with the way he carries himself. When we talk to the young wide receivers, he's the guy — if you want to pattern yourself after a guy, that's the guy. He comes out and works hard every day, on the field, off the field. It's been a very pleasant surprise. To me, when you have a guy that has that type of separation ability, that type of quickness that can turn a short game into a long one, it can only be a plus for you."

/>http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2014/07/cleveland_browns_scribbles_and.html

Something about that blurb caught me up short and it took me a minute to figure out what it was. How many long, miserable years did the following scenario play out: a quality Bengal player leaves in free agency. Think Justin Smith or TJ or TKO or Dillion, et. al. And their very first interview in their new town is all about how professional the new team is, expectations are totally different, free soda in he locker room, whatever. But the underlying theme was always the same: they were the NFL equivalent of refugees who would now finally be playing for a real live NFL franchise.

Fast forward to today. A key Bengal player left in free agency. And the first take from the media is how professional the player is, how he's a leader the other members of his unit are patterning themselves after, that he works hard and sets an example.

Marvin Lewis has his flaws as a head coach. But he did this, too. That counts for a lot in my book.

Hawkins is impressing the coaching staff up North:

1. Andrew Hawkins continues to draw raves from the coaches, and for good reason. As Mike Pettine said: "He's been an ultimate professional ... You would think he was a 10-year veteran with the way he carries himself. When we talk to the young wide receivers, he's the guy — if you want to pattern yourself after a guy, that's the guy. He comes out and works hard every day, on the field, off the field. It's been a very pleasant surprise. To me, when you have a guy that has that type of separation ability, that type of quickness that can turn a short game into a long one, it can only be a plus for you."

/>http://www.cleveland.com/pluto/index.ssf/2014/07/cleveland_browns_scribbles_and.html

Something about that blurb caught me up short and it took me a minute to figure out what it was. How many long, miserable years did the following scenario play out: a quality Bengal player leaves in free agency. Think Justin Smith or TJ or TKO or Dillion, et. al. And their very first interview in their new town is all about how professional the new team is, expectations are totally different, free soda in he locker room, whatever. But the underlying theme was always the same: they were the NFL equivalent of refugees who would now finally be playing for a real live NFL franchise.

Fast forward to today. A key Bengal player left in free agency. And the first take from the media is how professional the player is, how he's a leader the other members of his unit are patterning themselves after, that he works hard and sets an example.

Marvin Lewis has his flaws as a head coach. But he did this, too. That counts for a lot in my book.

Marvin recreated his approach and the football team after the debacle of 2010 and this is the result. This Bengals team is filled with high character guys and leaders and I think that is the greatest reason why we have finally begun to have sustained success. The current incarnation of the Cincinnati Bengals is my favorite and I go back to the late 70's.

**Deleted due to seemingly forgetting where the hell I was for a moment.**

No problem. When you start momentarily forgetting not only where you are, but who you are, then 1. Get like a little medical bracelet with your name and vitals on it, and 2. Welcome to my world.

If you don't have about 15 identities on twitter, then why are you even on Twitter?

My favorite twitter identity is my role as a female tennis pro from Lithuania on the downhill side of my career. I have bursitis in my elbow. That's a career killer for some, but I'm courageously soldiering on. Currently 857th in the world rankings.

Getting ready to play a cash match against a 65 year old Bobby Riggs wannabe from Spokane, Washington. He's a six time club champ. That's what I'm reduced to. I'm bankrolled by my boyfriend, the bass player from that "Call Me Maybe" singer's band.

Second favorite identity on Twitter is my role as a mid-level road engineer for ODOT. I am divorced. On any summer night a walk past my house would allow you to look in my front window, and see me bathed in just the blue light of a televised Reds game, sitting silently in my undershirt, drinking a Strohs. My tweets are just Reds scores, and occasional complaints about my adult son, a mechanic in Willoughby, ohio.

A few years ago I did a study on the asphalt being used in repaving on I-77. Among other things, I discovered the contractor was using aggregate from unlabeled drums, and the compaction work being done was like 65% of what was required by the contract. We made the contractor fix it, and the Governor came to our office and gave a ten minute speech. He gave me a certificate, and it's still hanging in our break room.

My third favorite Twitter identity is my role as a 33 year old woman who loves animals. I volunteer at the humane society, and most of my tweets are of cats that are available at our shelter. We can't possibly adopt them all out, so the local kill shelter gets a certain share of our cats. Like about 80% of them.

Typically I tweet out a picture of a cat with the caption, "Mr. Snugglesworth is looking for his furever home, could it be yours? Meet Mr, Snugglesworth at the Pearson Ave. Petco Saturday 1-4 pm! You'll fall in love!" Then typically on Tuesday I'm driving him and seven other cats over to the shelter's gas chamber (cinder block room added to the building in 1997, shelter director's 2001 Buick Regal's exhaust pipe tubed to small port on the south wall).

I have my twitter account linked to my own website that consists of pictures of the several hundred cats I've tried to adopt out, then driven to their death house. All the pics are arrayed under huge red letters graphically dripping blood that spell out, "America's Shame!!!!" Yes, four exclamation points. My fellow shelter volunteer, Mrs. Housteau, and I debated that number for a couple weeks. She actually wanted 12 exclamation points to match the number of cats she has in her apartment.

Deep within the gallery of several hundred cats on my America's Shame!!!! website there is a picture of my older sister, Sharon. If you click on her picture, you are treated to 40 some pictures of her husband and three kids, their big house, her big silicone boobs her husband bought her as a reward for launching their third kid, and their three German cars. Then there is one picture of me standing beside Mrs. Housteau surrounded by her dozen cats and my 3 cats, in the hallway of the crappy apartment building where we both live.

The website hosting company keeps track of how many times the pic of Sharon gets clicked to show those other pictures. So far it's never been clicked on, but I check it every night.