Where Are They Now?

HoosierCat

• Replies 124
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I don't think Zimmer is going anywhere in Minnesota and if he does, they are stupid.

He walked into a mess with that team and needs time.

Gruden on the other hand was one of the highly sought after coordinators walking into what was thought to be a better team.

I don't think they should can him after this one season either and they have had a nightmare at the QB spot, but ugh...

Zimmer coming back to Cincinnati ??

Lets rehash Marvin moving into an evaluator position with the team (because they won't make him GM) and Zimmer can take over as HC.

That's the only way I could see that going down, but there's no reason to throw darts blindly in the dark.

It should be a lesson to the league: Bengals coaches are cursed. The curse was levied in 1976 when Paul foolishly chose Tiger Johnson over Bill Walsh as his successor. Since Walsh left, no Bengals coordinator or assistant has gone on to succeed elsewhere as an NFL head coach. Hank Bullough (2-7), Bruce Coslet (26-38 with the Jets), Leslie Frazier (21-32), Hue Jackson (8-8), Jay Gruden (3-7) and Mike Zimmer (4-6) are a combined 64-98 in the regular season and 0-2 in the postseason. Add in one-time Bengals coordinators Coslet and LeBeau's Cincy records and the regular season record of futility grows to 97-170.

Hey, did anyone else hear a giant schlorping sound just now? If so I figured out what it was:

@SI_PeterKing: Gruden's talking about RG3 the way Parcells talked about players in the old days. When he called one out, you knew the guy was in trouble.

Yep, Peter King just compared Jay Gruden (3-7) with Bill Parcells. :wacko:

It should be a lesson to the league: Bengals coaches are cursed. The curse was levied in 1976 when Paul foolishly chose Tiger Johnson over Bill Walsh as his successor. Since Walsh left, no Bengals coordinator or assistant has gone on to succeed elsewhere as an NFL head coach. Hank Bullough (2-7), Bruce Coslet (26-38 with the Jets), Leslie Frazier (21-32), Hue Jackson (8-8), Jay Gruden (3-7) and Mike Zimmer (4-6) are a combined 64-98 in the regular season and 0-2 in the postseason. Add in one-time Bengals coordinators Coslet and LeBeau's Cincy records and the regular season record of futility grows to 97-170.

I thought I was the only one here that remembered PB letting his ego get the best of him with Walsh!

Just think how different things would have been with this franchise?

That's why I don't have any animosity towards the 49ers because Walsh got his payback, and PB deserved every bit of it.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Dennis_Weathersby

According to Wicked-Pedia ex Bengal Dennis Weathersby was ( back in 2008 - not updated since) was studying to become a teacher

1420926862' post='425057']

LeBeau resigns in Pitt, but says he isn't retiring.

http://www.nfl.com/n...sburgh-steelers

A friend on FB is speculating that he was forced out after two "subpar" seasons. Not sure if that's true or not but I would love to see him come here on some level for a few years before he retires.

A friend on FB is speculating that he was forced out after two "subpar" seasons. Not sure if that's true or not but I would love to see him come here on some level for a few years before he retires.

Joe Reedy said something about this as well. He said that LeBeau was still close to Mike Brown, and is good friend with Marvin. Not sure it happens but Reedy was saying it also.

1420989911' post='425079']
1420988919' post='425075']

Joe Reedy said something about this as well. He said that LeBeau was still close to Mike Brown, and is good friend with Marvin. Not sure it happens but Reedy was saying it also.

The defensive staff is young and relatively inexperienced. Have LeBeau in the room would benefit everyone.

1420989911' post='425079']
1420988919' post='425075']

The defensive staff is young and relatively inexperienced. Have LeBeau in the room would benefit everyone.

I agree! I also said I have to wonder if Marvin would bring in Mike Smith as something on this defense, conferring they are best friends. It would depend on if he gets a job or not, but your right a lot of young guys, and young coach could use some extra eyes.

Word this morning is that Lebeau's resignation caught the Steelers by surprise and they wanted him to stay. But with more vets like Pola and Taylor likely gone it sounds like he wasn't interested in being part of a rebuild.

NFL.com article says he may end up in Tennessee or Arizona. Love to see him here.

/>http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap3000000456557/article/dick-lebeaus-resignation-caught-steelers-by-surprise

• 3 weeks later...