Official 2014 Draft Day Thread

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

bad quarterback taken, so now its time to take that bad second corner

If Kenny likes him, then I'm good. Kenny knows a little more than I do about QBs! :)/>

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/McCarron-finally-gets-call-from-Bengals-in-the-fifth/09a2c4fd-5dbe-4087-a881-a9c71a3de17e

Ken Anderson, the greatest Bengals quarterback of all-time, knew the call was coming in the wake of his old team’s selection of Alabama quarterback A.J. McCarron in the fifth round of Saturday’s NFL Draft.

“You got one of my guys. The Bengals got a good player at that spot,” Anderson said. “I thought he’d go in the second or third round. I’m surprised he was still there.”

Anderson worked with McCarron for five weeks preparing him for the rigors of the draft process and came away impressed with his accuracy and his work ethic.

“He doesn’t have a rocket arm, but he makes every throw you want him to make and I think the fact he’s been successful on such a big stage holds up for him,” Anderson said. “I just heard his interview on NFL radio and he’s exactly right. He’s got a great opportunity to go in there and learn under Andy (Dalton).”

Anderson worked with the 6-3, 220-pound McCarron for two weeks at Alabama and three weeks in Jacksonville, Miss., and thought he was easy to work with, offered an excellent work ethic, and his 77 touchdown passes compared to 15 interceptions were hard to miss.

“If you look at his touchdown to interceptions ratio, he doesn’t turn it over,” Anderson said. “Look at his completion percentage (67). He’s got good size for a quarterback. I don’t think he’ll be overwhelmed by the NFL. He’s not a quarterback that’s going to run for 100 yards. He’s got good feet and mobility in the pocket.”

One of the all time worst Bengals drafts

just godawful

write it down

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Bengals-flex-in-AFC-North-arms-race/1fd4167a-1832-4856-b83f-13fc9a760eb4

“Once again, the Bengals knocked it out of the park,” is how NFL.com put it. SI.com gave the Dennard pick an A-minus and ESPN gave the draft a thumbs up.

just godawful

write it down

For fuckssake, no wonder this board is dying.

I did not know this board was dying, wow someone get young Dr. Young STAT!

I would agree with TJ if they had not gotten the best CB in the draft at #24.

just godawful

write it down

That's why they are sports writers, NFL coaches, and scouts, and we are just 'couch coaches'!

Here we are judging without a single NFL practice or pre-season snap!

If we were as good as we thought we were, we would be more than just 'couch coaches'! :sure:

Yep I agree Greg. So many people want to label these kids as stars or busts before they even take a snap. How does anyone know this is the worst draft??? Nobody does not even the experts! If we all knew Geno Atkins was so good you think he would have fallen all the way to the 4th round, I don't think so. I find it amazing how people label players before they take a snap. Coaches study game tape for a lot longer then anyone here.

just godawful

write it down

That's why they are sports writers, NFL coaches, and scouts, and we are just 'couch coaches'!

If we were as good as we thought we were, we would be more than just 'couch coaches'! :sure:/>

But it would be no fun here if everyone towed the party line. opinions are like waste orifices, everyone has one. And that is a good thing or this board would be dying.

just godawful

write it down

If we were as good as we thought we were, we would be more than just 'couch coaches'! :sure:/>/>

But it would be no fun here if everyone towed the party line. opinions are like waste orifices, everyone has one. And that is a good thing or this board would be dying.

I'm not here for the sake of the board. I'm here to support the Bengals and share.

just godawful

write it down

If we were as good as we thought we were, we would be more than just 'couch coaches'! :sure:/>/>/>

I'm not here for the sake of the board. I'm here to support the Bengals and share.

I don't think anyone here, other than the mods are here to support the board. I don't see the need to put down someone else's opinion just because you don't agree with it. expressing my opinion is the biggest reason I come on this board, hearing what others think is secondary. I have been way wrong before and im sure I will be again. Hopefully about our new second round RB.

Like Dennard pick. Would like to have seen more O-line, maybe at 2 instead of the RB. The rest are ok but nothing that will help bring a championship here next year.

If you look at the top teams, they seemed to load up on defense and O-line. Trying to dominate up front. I think we missed that chance.

The McCarron pick gives us a little attention on the national level but pretty bland overall.

just godawful

write it down

If we were as good as we thought we were, we would be more than just 'couch coaches'! :sure:/>/>/>/>

I don't think anyone here, other than the mods are here to support the board. I don't see the need to put down someone else's opinion just because you don't agree with it. expressing my opinion is the biggest reason I come on this board, hearing what others think is secondary. I have been way wrong before and im sure I will be again. Hopefully about our new second round RB.

I don't put down anyone's opinion, all I'm saying is that these coaches and scouts know a lot more about these players than I do. Therefore, until the pre-season/season starts, I trust their judgment!

Just like McCarron. I trust Kenny Anderson's opinion having studied and worked with this guy.