Official 2014 Draft Day Thread

Have to love what Zimmer and that front office did in the draft.

Buttf*cking the Texans on national tv and jumping ahead of them for Bridgewater at the price of a lowly 4th round pick.

On top of that, that move will allow the Vikings the possiblity of using the extra year option they wouldn't have gotten had they waited until the 2nd.

Next question is, where do the Bengals go in the 2nd round ??

There are still a bunch of guys out there I would love to see and I think yet again, someone will be there we weren't expecting.

• Replies 498
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Have to love what Zimmer and that front office did in the draft.

Buttf*cking the Texans on national tv and jumping ahead of them for Bridgewater at the price of a lowly 4th round pick.

On top of that, that move will allow the Vikings the possiblity of using the extra year option they wouldn't have gotten had they waited until the 2nd.

Yeah, I was really excited when I saw that they traded the pick and got Bridgewater. I really think they got a steal. The NFC North just got a whole lot more competitive.

Next question is, where do the Bengals go in the 2nd round ??

There are still a bunch of guys out there I would love to see and I think yet again, someone will be there we weren't expecting.

OL would make a lot of sense, of course. Not sure who will be there? I also still really like Timmy Jernigan if he's available when we pick and there aren't any OL we like. Third choice, maybe Scott Crichton. He would be a great backup to Geathers/Gilberry, but I know we don't have a lot of room.

Rang has us taking C Weston Richburg.

/>http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/draft/nfl-draft-scout/24555684/nfl-draft-second-round-mock-draft

Looks like only about 2 OTs slated for the 2nd round. On the other hand there seem to 5-6 good interior Oline prospects, including Richburg, that might be taken. Am excited to see which way the team goes. Will they find the heir to Big Whit waiting for them at pick #55?

Give me Ealy or Lawrence with the next pick. I still think the way this team wins is with a top defense.

Bucky Brooks thinks Ealy will fall to us at 55, which I would regard as amazing.

/>http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap2000000348518/article/mock-draft-70-projecting-round-2-of-2014-nfl-draft

Every time I see him his face just screams DOUCHEBAG! But maybe that's just me...

Nope, i'm right there with you. Everytime I see him, there's a movie quote that immediately comes ot mind:

"I don't know what it is about your face,"

holds up fist

"but I just want to deliver one of these right in your suck hole."

Every time I see him his face just screams DOUCHEBAG! But maybe that's just me...

Nope, i'm right there with you. Everytime I see him, there's a movie quote that immediately comes ot mind:

"I don't know what it is about your face,"

holds up fist

"but I just want to deliver one of these right in your suck hole."

Did I mention I'm looking forward to playing the Browns this year? :)

A couple nuggets from Hobs in his latest on the site:

Dennard, one of the draft's consensus two top corners, hit them where they lived. Although the Steelers grabbed Ohio State's Ryan Shazier at No. 15, linebacker never seemed to be in play for the Bengals in the first round. Neither did quarterback. But cornerback...

I can't say I'm surprised, LB never did make sense to me since they weren't moving Vontaze from WILL and for whatever reason they love First Name Rey. I think that lack of interest in a LB holds up through the next couple of rounds.

Lewis didn’t look as relieved as Guenther, but he sounded it. The world is the Bengals’ oyster Friday. There is a raft of quarterbacks out there, not to mention offensive linemen, and even more cornerbacks. Could a running back be in the offing? Whatever, it's open season. The Dennard pick loosens them up.

“It gives us the ability to move forward and take a look at some other spots where the draft might be a little deeper and get us in the right spots,” Lewis said.

Sounds like they were going to pick a corner in the first two rounds come hell or high water. I'm still not feeling a QB but Hobs might be onto something at RB. And on the subject of QB...

The Bengals, like everyone else, had a shot at Louisville quarterback Teddy Bridgewater and passed. It’s the first sign that they think they can re-sign Dalton. Unless, of course, they take a quarterback in Friday’s second or third round. By midnight we should have a pretty good idea on how they really feel about it.

I'll put my marker on 0 QBs in the first three rounds.

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Inside-the-pick-and-whats-next/c3775389-ffdb-4849-a675-a039f315f24b

Yep, Hoyer probably still gets the starting spot out of the gate and then with each incompletion, INT, or other bad play, the roar for Manziel will grow louder and louder. Can't say as that would bother me in the least. Roar away Browns fans, roar away.

Give me Ealy or Lawrence with the next pick. I still think the way this team wins is with a top defense.

Bucky Brooks thinks Ealy will fall to us at 55, which I would regard as amazing.

/>http://www.nfl.com/draft/story/0ap2000000348518/article/mock-draft-70-projecting-round-2-of-2014-nfl-draft

I read that some teams won't draft him because of his attitude. Bengals recently have a decent batting average on DL with supposed effort problems (Michael Johnson, Carlos Dunlap but not so much Devon Still), but I'm not sure that effort is the question mark here. But it wouldn't surprise me if he's available, and wouldn't surprise me if Bengals take another crack at a DE who is dropping more than his talent would suggest.

In the words of TJ Gimme a Linemen!I'd even be okay with Bengals moving up to grab someone line Su'a-Filo.

Well I know Bengals need add some Depth to the team the biggest things I wanna see getting taken care of is Quality CB(check),Quality Oline & Another steal @ linebacker.

I read that some teams won't draft him because of his attitude. Bengals recently have a decent batting average on DL with supposed effort problems (Michael Johnson, Carlos Dunlap but not so much Devon Still), but I'm not sure that effort is the question mark here. But it wouldn't surprise me if he's available, and wouldn't surprise me if Bengals take another crack at a DE who is dropping more than his talent would suggest.

Well I find good thing have plenty Quality DE's just find it hard justify spending a 2nd on the position we fairly deep at vs something like Oline where we need upgrade/replace starters.

Here's Kiper's top 32 guys left (# are their original ranking):

23. *Marqise Lee, WR, USC

24. Kyle Van Noy, OLB, BYU

25. Chris Borland, ILB, Wisconsin

26. Derek Carr, QB, Fresno State

28. *Stephon Tuitt, DE, Notre Dame

29. *Cody Latimer, WR, Indiana

30. Carlos Hyde, RB, Ohio State

31. **Davante Adams, WR, Fresno State

32. *Cyrus Kouandjio, OT, Alabama

33. *Timmy Jernigan, DT, Florida State

34. Gabe Jackson, G, Mississippi State

35. Ra'Shede Hageman, DT, Minnesota

36. *David Yankey, G, Stanford

38. Morgan Moses, OT, Virginia

41. *Louis Nix III, DT, Notre Dame

42. *Xavier Su'a-Filo, G, UCLA

43. *Kony Ealy, DE, Missouri

44. *Marcus Martin, C, USC

46. Jimmy Garoppolo, QB, Eastern Illinois

47. Jordan Matthews, WR, Vanderbilt

48. *Bishop Sankey, RB, Washington

49. *Demarcus Lawrence, DE, Boise State

51. AJ McCarron, QB, Alabama

53. Jeremiah Attaochu, OLB, Georgia Tech

54. Lamarcus Joyner, CB, Florida State

55. *Tre Mason, RB, Auburn

56. *Bruce Ellington, WR, South Carolina

57. Weston Richburg, C, Colorado State

58. Trent Murphy, OLB, Stanford

59. Dri Archer, RB, Kent State

60. *Jarvis Landry, WR, LSU

61. *Antonio Richardson, OT, Tennessee

Yankey was the guy I had in my mock here on the forum.

Had time at both OT and OG.

I would still prefer a line with Yankey starting at LG and Pollack in the middle instead of Pollack and Robinson.

Another intelligent, high character, versatile lineman. Yes.

Well I find good thing have plenty Quality DE's just find it hard justify spending a 2nd on the position we fairly deep at vs something like Oline where we need upgrade/replace starters.

Michael Johnson gave them a ton of snaps; not sure that Margus Hunt will be able to replace those

part of the success has been having four strong DEs.