Reds v. Cubs

skyline

Well, the Reds got off to a slow start, but despite what the talking heads have said I don't think that really surprised anyone around here. When you have a relief pitcher on your roster with a 67.5 ERA you're going to have problems tongue.gif

However, there's plenty of reason for optimism. Votto has quickly rounded into shape and is currently looking like the Votto of his MVP year. Phillips is hitting well and Mesoraco is just killing it. The problem will be the same as it was last year in that we're going to need guys like Ludwick, Frazier, and Cozart to make their contributions, so we'll see.

The starting pithcing (minus Bailey) has been pretty phenomenal. Cueto yesterday pitched a complete game, 3-hit shutout. How nice is that to see?

Broxton is back. Marshall, Chapman, and Latos will hopefully not be far behind.

AND, we've got an upcoming series with the Cubs where we can hopefully make some strides.

Go Reds!

I like where they are right now as well and am not as concerned as others might be.

They have solid starting pitching and have a roster than can put runs on the board.

They just need to get themselves moving and are slowly coming around.

That game last night by Cueto (12 K's) was amazing !!!

GO REDS !!!

I like where they are right now as well and am not as concerned as others might be.

They have solid starting pitching and have a roster than can put runs on the board.

They just need to get themselves moving and are slowly coming around.

That game last night by Cueto (12 K's) was amazing !!!

GO REDS !!!

I'm still concerned by their streaky offense. Just like last season I'm afraid they'll go on tears where they put 6+ runs on the board every night and then follow that up by scoring no more than 1-2 runs for the next couple of series.

That kind of thing clearly won't get it done...