Football Gameplan's 2014 Inside the War Room - Bengals

EmDiggy

Moses seems like a reach in round one. And I don't see the Bengals moving Whitworth off LT when Whit has made it clear that's where he wants to play. If they were going to put their foot down with him, Collins would still be in stripes.

DE in the second? Depends on how the draft falls I suppose. But all indications are that they remain high on Margus Hunt. Not feeling safety in the third either. The rest of the mock works, however.

Are there parts of the mock I don't care for ??

Sure, but this year more than most, I think it's easy to pick apart any mock.

There are simply too many different ways for them to go.

Yes, I could see Moses in the 1st, but think he's a reach as well. Should have kept Collins if the plan is to keep Whit inside.

Not adding a CB until the 4th and another until the 7th ?? No, don't like that either.

Loston is solid, but what of our 3rd rounder (Shawn Williams) from last year ??

Any WR taken should be a backfill for the departed Hawkins with speed in the slot.

I don't like a DE early, if at all to be honest. Would rather an OLB.

However, like I said, many ways to go and the draft falls the way it falls.

Reaching doesn't pay off.

Those were just my topline reactions. I wouldn't be surprised if things fell out that way. If I had to put a chip down on a position at 24 right now I might go DE, despite Hunt's presence on the roster. Geathers is no spring chicken, after all, and Kony Ealy has to get a hard look if he's still around at that point. It's not my favorite route but every time I look at mocks the top tackles and corners are long gone by 24.

Those were just my topline reactions. I wouldn't be surprised if things fell out that way. If I had to put a chip down on a position at 24 right now I might go DE, despite Hunt's presence on the roster. Geathers is no spring chicken, after all, and Kony Ealy has to get a hard look if he's still around at that point. It's not my favorite route but every time I look at mocks the top tackles and corners are long gone by 24.

Yeah, can't really argue one way or another this year, although we all will once a pick is made.

I expect both the top CB's and the thought of top OT's to be gone, but it wouldn't surprise me to see them take the next in line at those spots either.

The thing the team has seemingly done very well in drafting in the recent years and getting fillers for when people leave.

They have done this looking a couple years in advance.

With that thought in mind and looking to the 2016 free agents, it's harsh. It's crazy how many will be up that year if not extended prior.

With that thought in mind and looking to the 2016 free agents, it's harsh. It's crazy how many will be up that year.

Is that because the next salary cap will be effective from 2016 ??

It's due to how extensions were structured and accounts for players working on their rookie contracts.

Maybe they did that due to the what if's of the cap, but it is what it is.

All of the following will be UFA's in 2016 and doesn't account for the other 8 who will be either RFA's or ERFA's.

Leon Hall

Andre Smith

Andrew Whitworth

Reggie Nelson

Robert Geathers

Dre Kirkpatrick

Kevin Zeitler

Vincent Rey

Wallace Gilberry

Adam Jones

Devon Still

Brandon Thompson