Reds vs. Cardinals

ArmyBengal

Well, we are now 3 days from opening day and it looks like Cueto will get his 3rd straight opening day start.

The Cardinals come to town for three and the Reds face them 6 times in the first 9 games with a trip there after the Mets.

Sounds like they are still battling injuries all over the place and especially in the starting rotation.

Mesoraco is also still a question mark for the opener as well.

I like how they finish the season with 6 straight at home against the Brewers and Pirates.

That is right after the 9 straight on the road, but still.

Here's to a good season !!!

GO REDS !!!

:cheers:

Excited for the season, but having a very hard time being optimistic with all of these injuries staring us in the face. I see a very slow start.

If Cueto doesn't leave by the third inning with back pain, then I'll consider it a win.

I feel you brother. There are certainly enough reasons to not be so upbeat, but for now, i'll just be happy the season is starting.

Looking forward to heading down to the ballpark to watch some games and hang out with a cold beverage in my hand.

Good times !!!

Well, today is Opening Day and i'm really happy to be able to get home and watch the game as it has a later start time in the afternoon.

I also saw where Ludwick is getting the start in LF and i'm really hopeful to see how he comes back from the injury last season.

I still think things are going to be slow going with what appears to be a large amount of dings to go around.

Really looking forward to seeing Hamilton step to the plate and see what he can do with that speed over an entire season.

GO REDS !!!

Well that didn't work out the way I was hoping it would. Cueto looks good minus one pitch and it turns out to be the difference.

When was the last time they were shutout in a home opener ?? I'm to lazy to go look.

On a side note, I was out back talking with the neighbors while the chops were cooking on the grill and a brand new white Lamborghini drives by.

I gave my expected whistle and made a comment about how nice it was. One guy says "That's our new neighbor".

Yep, Aroldis Chapman. Imagine that.

Well that didn't work out the way I was hoping it would. Cueto looks good minus one pitch and it turns out to be the difference.

When was the last time they were shutout in a home opener ?? I'm to lazy to go look.

On a side note, I was out back talking with the neighbors while the chops were cooking on the grill and a brand new white Lamborghini drives by.

I gave my expected whistle and made a comment about how nice it was. One guy says "That's our new neighbor".

Yep, Aroldis Chapman. Imagine that.

Sometime in the 50s.

And, that is AWESOME.

So the Reds get their first win of the season scoring in the bottom of the 9th to win 1-0.

Apparently, they set a franchise record for most consecutive scoreless innings to open the season at 17.

Previous high was 13 dating all the way back to 1909 and 1934. Good God !!

Another thing I saw yesterday while watching the game that I was amazed by is the fact that in the past 100 years (yes one hundred) no other pitcher besides Cingrani has had 18 consecutive starts in giving up 5 hits or less in their outing. That seems pretty amazing when thinking about all of the stellar pitchers over the last 100 years. It's amazing when considering the stellar pitchers simply in my lifetime (44 years).

Then he goes out and pitches 7 scoreless innings in giving up 2 hits and striking out 9 without getting the "W".

So, to start the season our starting pitching has posted 14 innings of work, struck out 17, gave up 5 hits, and 1 run.

Here's to hoping we see more of that this season.