Bengals Draft

Scottishbengal

• Replies 299
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I have images turned off (so I can participate here more easily while at work) and yet i see three pics of some lovely lass in COB's post

COB, did you attach those manually to just that post?

Just that post. I don't know why they would show up. Perhaps you have signature pics turned off, but in-post pics are still turned on? That's McCarron's girlfriend, Catherine Webb, who Brent Mussberger slobbered over a year or two ago in a bowl game.

TOTALLY ok with best player available (minus QB) at #24.

There will be CB's, O-linemen, LB's, and many more available with their next 3 picks.

How about another TE, Army?

or the very best long snapper available? :-)

How much cap space would be gained in dumping Gresham ??

I already think they are going to take another TE in the draft, but no, not in the first.

Then again, we didn't need Eifert last season either, but apparently he's was their 6th rated player overall in the draft and weren't passing on him.

Seriously though a CB, OT, OG, DE, LB, or Safety could all be in play with the 1st pick.

There's a lot to choose from and simply depends on how they rate the players.

If Aaron Donald falls....DT would be an outside possibility as well

I also think we can agree on no P, K, or LS's in round 1 :-)

I would consider Timmy Jernigan, too. Like his game - versatile guy who can rush the passer and stick the run.

Problem with Jernigan is that he failed the stupid test.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/05/report-timmy-jernigan-failed-a-drug-test-at-the-scouting-combine/

Not a deal breaker but anyone who can't stay clean for the few weeks required to earn millions worries me.

My dark horse to slide is Clinton-Dix.

I keep seeing things about Roby as well, and I think ill pass on him.

Based on stuff they've said about character issues being weighted at the top of the draft, I kind of doubt he's on the board for the first few rounds. From that standpoint I would be disappointed if they took him in the 1st.

/>http://profootballta...outing-combine/

Not a deal breaker but anyone who can't stay clean for the few weeks required to earn millions worries me.

I had missed this. What is a "diluted sample"? Does it mean there was no trace of illicit substances? Is it possible he was just drinking more fluids to bump up his numbers at the weigh-in? Just asking out of ignorance, here...

Based on stuff they've said about character issues being weighted at the top of the draft, I kind of doubt he's on the board for the first few rounds. From that standpoint I would be disappointed if they took him in the 1st.

I had missed this. What is a "diluted sample"? Does it mean there was no trace of illicit substances? Is it possible he was just drinking more fluids to bump up his numbers at the weigh-in? Just asking out of ignorance, here...

Same here, much better options in RD 1

Usually they claim something of that sort. Mettenburger had the same thing. Could be true, could be covering for something.

As you all can see, I started pinning the draft day threads for the selection in each round.

Hoosier has agreed to lend a big assist this year, as I will be out of the loop for a good portion of the draft.

Instead of having the "pre-pick" threads of the past, I will create one thread that will remain open to discuss how the the draft is moving along and what the feelings out there are. This will cut down on the threads and the need for Hoosier or others to have to make a ton of moves.

As in the past, we would ask the topic of conversation in the draft thread focus on what the Bengals should do next and players available, with conversation about the actual pick taking place in each of the selection threads you see pinned at the moment.

This is something that has always worked in the past and cuts down on the confusion during the draft.

Please resist the urge to start new threads about topics already being discussed in the other threads.

Thanks for everyone's cooperation and here's to hoping the Bengals have another better than average draft !!!

:bengal: :bengal: :bengal:

Also, with each team getting 10 minutes to make their 1st round pick, the Bengals picking #24, and a start time of 8pm EST, it could be a long night.

They should really relook not only moving the draft date back to where it was, but starting it a bit earlier.

Also, with each team getting 10 minutes to make their 1st round pick, the Bengals picking #24, and a start time of 8pm EST, it could be a long night.

They should really relook not only moving the draft date back to where it was, but starting it a bit earlier.

No doubt. One of the few advantages I have in Chicagoland is that it starts at 7 for me.

Rodge and the Nike Football League are at it again....

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/05/07/report-nfl-believed-to-be-weighing-holding-draft-a-week-or-two-later-in-2015/

May? Heck, push it to June...maybe even have the 2014 draft in June of 2015. Afterall, later is better...

With the report of better than half the owners HATING that the draft was moved back this far, I think another later move will be hard to sell.

While I don't care if rich guy A or B gets his yearly trip to some exotic location, as some like to cry about, that timeframe sucks balls.

Do they really need that much time to evaluate those guys ?? I heard some talk about it gives them time to further evaluate the late round guy a little more, but who really cares ?? Does an extra couple weeks make the typically wasted 6th or 7th round guy a starter ?? Probably not. Depth and practice squad guys are still going to be just that with the small percentage that actually become starters.

How many more mock drafts can anyone really handle at this point of the game ??

Now all the "professional" mock guys will have to come up with more options that make sense for whatever team in order to keep people coming back.

More blah blah blah through it all, only to hear the reason for so many changes is that the mock guys don't really know what the teams are thinking.

:frustrated: :frustrated: :frustrated:

To be slightly fair to Irvin this draft fell crazy. fuller was off the board at 11 I think and you had like 6 offensive linemen gone. But Roby feels like a reach here even to Irvin, who basically says our CBs are old so there is no choice. I think if it falls anywhere like this I say fuggit and take Hyde.