What round would Manziel be tempting?

walzav29

I can't imagine a 5 11' QB going in the top 5. There is a certain backlash going on Manziel. I still think he goes in the 1st, BUT if he did have a Aaron Rodger/Thurman Thomas type fall. Would you want the Bengals to take him? I'd say why not? If he fell to the 3rd round. 1st? No. 2nd? Thats debatable. What are your thoughts?

Tempting?

At round 1 pick 24, even with acknowledging all the things Joisey says above

(I assume Jaws hates him for his extremely weird throwing mechanics)

I think there is enough talent there to make a difference as a "spark" when it becomes clear that Bad Andy has shown up for a given game, and I think this locker room is strong enough to shut him up when/if he tries to become a distraction, and maybe just maybe being a backup for a change will prove to be a valuable and humbling experience

I wouldn't want him either, but if we are talking about the concept of the draft, he would certainly present as the BPA at #24.

I just don't know what bringing in a short QB that struggles in the pocket does for us.

He would be the last of any of the QB's considered as first rounders I would want.

If he were there at #24, there would be trade offers from teams in the top of the 2nd willing to make a move to get him.

Trade back and pick up additional picks in 2014 as well as a first in 2015.

Yes please.

I think he's a punk and would select him. Now if it were Russell Wilson then I'd take him in the 1st round! Everybody thought he was to short but he proved them wrong! Drew Bree's is also short and amazing! So I wouldn't put that height thing in it. However, Manziel is a jerk and I wouldn't want that distraction on the team!

I think he will be gone in the first 10 picks. People want to find the next Wilson, and will risk looking foolish to find one. Also, he is not Tim Tebow. He can throw quite well and is more durable than people think (like Wilson).

However, if he fell to the third (which he won't), he be attractive in my eyes (but not the Bengals).

Here's a name I hadn't heard (and apparently I'm not the only one as he didn't get a combine invite until just before the event) but is getting some play (link 1 link 2) as a sleeper prospect: West Texas A&M QB Dustin Vaughn. From the first link...

Coming out of Division II, the tall Texan is not a strong candidate to play right away like some of the elite options. That being said, we like his long term ceiling enough to suggest that he should be drafted at some point, rather than being a UDFA. We think he compares favorably to a guy like Tyler Bray, who was a high priority UDFA for Kansas City in 2013.

For those folks infatuated with Blake Bortles, we think you might get better value by waiting and taking a guy like Vaughan, who gives you a lot of the things Bortles does and with a better arm. And, yes Bortles fans, we understand fully that the UCF product is the more mobile and athletic player. We’ll be covering him in a soon-to-be-released report. Just don’t kid yourself into thinking that Bortles spins the ball as well as Vaughan does.

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3sBXKL9VFHU

Here's a name I hadn't heard (and apparently I'm not the only one as he didn't get a combine invite until just before the event) but is getting some play (link 1 link 2) as a sleeper prospect: West Texas A&M QB Dustin Vaughn. From the first link...

Coming out of Division II, the tall Texan is not a strong candidate to play right away like some of the elite options. That being said, we like his long term ceiling enough to suggest that he should be drafted at some point, rather than being a UDFA. We think he compares favorably to a guy like Tyler Bray, who was a high priority UDFA for Kansas City in 2013.

For those folks infatuated with Blake Bortles, we think you might get better value by waiting and taking a guy like Vaughan, who gives you a lot of the things Bortles does and with a better arm. And, yes Bortles fans, we understand fully that the UCF product is the more mobile and athletic player. We’ll be covering him in a soon-to-be-released report. Just don’t kid yourself into thinking that Bortles spins the ball as well as Vaughan does.

Looks to me like he could throw a football right over them mountains! :)

/>http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qGsJ5hpdjqs

Looks to me like he could throw a football right over them mountains! :)/>

Holy sh*t, isn't that music a from a Rocky movie ??

• 2 weeks later...

Looks to me like he could throw a football right over them mountains! :)/>

I would draft that guy in the 7th right now just for making that video. Of course, ability to make a youtube video isnt on most teams priorities and makes it a good thing the bengals donw have me making selections.

doesn't curl-up like a newborn fetus in the post season.

how does one test for that quality?

I suppose they could start with giving said player a shot to the nads and if they don't curl up under that kind of stress, they'd be good to go ??

I never want to meet a dude that would not curl up (at least a little bit)after a shot to the nads.

doesn't curl-up like a newborn fetus in the post season.

how does one test for that quality?

I suppose they could start with giving said player a shot to the nads and if they don't curl up under that kind of stress, they'd be good to go ??

I never want to meet a dude that would not curl up (at least a little bit)after a shot to the nads.

For real.

Even a glancing shot is usually enough to make you take at least a knee.

But that dude would certainly qualify from a toughness perspective.

Harder than woodpecker lips.

Speaking of QBs, the Clowns just dumped Jason Campbell and Brandon Weeden. I think Campbell will find a market, but I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Weeden as a potential backup. Never thought he had anything resembling a chance in Cleveland.

Speaking of QBs, the Clowns just dumped Jason Campbell and Brandon Weeden. I think Campbell will find a market, but I wouldn't mind kicking the tires on Weeden as a potential backup. Never thought he had anything resembling a chance in Cleveland.

There is only one FA qb I'd like them to take a look at: Freeman.

yes, laugh all you want.....har har har. but he has the higest upside of any of them. I'd even state he has higher upside than half the starters in the league, too. Certainly higher than any QB on Minny, NYJ, Buf, Miami, Jax, STL, Oak, KC, Cle, Houston, Ten.

Give him a 2yr deal with Hue getting his work ethic and attitude dialed in, and we'd have a legit option in case Dalton falls flat.