Reedy Leaving The Enquirer

COB

Seeing as how I don't really care much for what the writers have to say, I can't say as I care that much.

No ill will and I wish him well in Cleveland, but the next guy will come in and it will be more of the same.

It's been a VERY long time since there has been someone writing about the Bengals that I really cared much about.

Seeing as how I don't really care much for what the writers have to say, I can't say as I care that much.

No ill will and I wish him well in Cleveland, but the next guy will come in and it will be more of the same.

It's been a VERY long time since there has been someone writing about the Bengals that I really cared much about.

I think it was more his twitter persona that bothered me. I follow a lot of Bengals feeds on twitter just for general news and updates. Reedy always felt...disinterested.

I think it was more his twitter persona that bothered me. I follow a lot of Bengals feeds on twitter just for general news and updates. Reedy always felt...disinterested.

whatever. to me, this is non-news. these hacks are less and less meaningful, with all the blogs and other coverage of teams.

agree. on twitter he was constantly dick-ish and dismissive of folks. I don't think he understood that people just like interacting, but he needed to always be the know-it-all who was "right".

He needed to always be the know-it-all who was "right".

And how often was he any MORE right than any other reasonably informed fan ??

While I don't consider myself a writer by any stretch, I don't think they have some amazing insight to share that we are all so unaware of.

You can compare sports writers weathermen. Sometimes they get it right, but many times they don't.

Would you like to be one of two new Bengals reporters for the Enquirer? Apply now!

/>https://career4.successfactors.com/sfcareer/jobreqcareer?jobId=27883&company=Gannett&username=

Any guess on the salary?

I assume Jeff Blake Action Figure is available. He was always eloquent on Twitter.

Yeah and you sure don't get paid extra for all those videos and cross-promos and hundreds of daily tweets, etc. As a former member of the media I can say it pretty much sucks today as a career option.

You get to do a show with Paul Daugherty. Pay better be big. sidenote: I've never forgotten a particular column Daugherty wrote in which he detailed the experience of, while in high school, being rolled up in a wrestling mat.

He was an a-hole on twitter. I can't stand him, and I'm glad he's leaving. I hope he covers the Dolphins, so Richie Incognito could give him a wedgie.

• 2 weeks later...

Paul Dehner is 100% improvement on Reedy. Not sure why you thing they are equivalent Army. Dehner's articles have way more thought and depth, and he doesn't troll people on twitter. This remains the best development of the off-season, Bengals-wise, for me.

With Dehner and Cole Harvey, this is the best we have had it for beat writers in Cincy in a long time with regard to Bengals coverage.

Paul Dehner is 100% improvement on Reedy. Not sure why you thing they are equivalent Army. Dehner's articles have way more thought and depth, and he doesn't troll people on twitter. This remains the best development of the off-season, Bengals-wise, for me.

And since you mentioned it Mem, I will take the time to check him out more.

Everyone has been that equivalent lately in my mind Mem.

Like I said, it's been some time since there has been someone I thought enough of to take the time to read from a Bengals perspective.

:sure:

I commend any of his pieces since he took over to you. His video sessions with position coaches as a part of his position reviews are top notch.

Here is an example, Army. This is really good stuff - well written, thoughtful, accessible. And no attitude.

/>http://www.cincinnati.com/story/blogs/2014/03/07/walkthrough-pollak-impact/6158657/