F**k Winter

HoosierCat

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

While i'm usually one that really enjoys the winter season, i'm done with it.

I don't mind the cold in general, but the minus this that and the other is just crazy.

I also don't mind the snow, but hate when it comes with another inch of ice to top it off.

Maybe it's because I spent a week down in Florida a couple weeks back and it spoiled me.

All I know is that i'm ready for some warmer weather !!!

I concur with the thread title, but I won't repeat it because I don't cuss.

:lol:

Just got another six or so inches last night. I think we are up to like 60 inches total so far. Drifts up to a foot. I got 25 feet of driveway and it's bordered all the way by five foot high, five foot wide snow mountains. Light pole out front is buried almost to the bulb. And it will be -25 with wind chill tomorrow.

F**k winter.

I'm in the opposite spot. EVERYONE is getting snow except us. Seriously...it's like there's a magic bubble surrounding Nashville.

During the big snow last week you could look at the map and there was a literal circle around Nashville while everyone else in TN was covered in snow. It even snowed in Georgia and Florida for crying out loud!

I have a 3 year old who has never had the pleasure of playing in the snow and it's killing me.

I had to drive to Chicago last week on the Monday night when it got to -20 down in central Ohio. I drove right past Hoosier's neck of the woods on the Indiana toll road and I can confirm that his area is a snow disaster. I sold my snow thrower this fall, figuring we'd have a mild winter. I only used it twice last year! Now I'm struggling with a rear-mounted blade on a small tractor. I do not recommend it for snow removal. I'm ready for this all to be over, but it doesn't look like it will be ending any time soon. Another month at least.

Alarmist weather forecasters

I think they are all on the bankroll of grocery stores.

They put out their forecast calling for more snow and it drives people to the stores to clean out the place.

People play right into it, thinking it's the end of the world.

Not long ago they called for 2 inches of snow and "How bad it could get" and people went nuts.

They interviewed a guy and he said he wanted to make sure he had everything he needed in case he got stuck in his house for a week.

Really ?? 2 inches of snow keeps you in the house for a week ??

We got a dusting that night.

I actually think our local weather guys have a done a fairly nice job this year.

Channel 19, the Fox channel here in Cincinnati is the worst.

I think they hate Milford or something because it seems the forecast there is always MUCH worse than the rest of the area.

Nothing like scaring the hell out of everyone.

They suck.

What happened to global warming or am I looking at that backwards ??

I think part of the global warming phenomena is extreme temp swings, so the extremely cold weather isn't necessarily contradictory. Not to mention that it's a gradual warming over a long period of time with fluctuations along the way. It's not something that follows a clean and linear pattern.

Keep in mind that I'm no expert and don't support or argue against the theory in any way.

I think part of the global warming phenomena is extreme temp swings, so the extremely cold weather isn't necessarily contradictory. Not to mention that it's a gradual warming over a long period of time with fluctuations along the way. It's not something that follows a clean and linear pattern.

Keep in mind that I'm no expert and don't support or argue against the theory in any way.

You also have to note that there is a noted group of scientist in Europe that believe we have entered the first stages of the next ice age. This makes more sense, considering the average global temperature has actually gone down some in the last 15 years. The group based the research on artic core ice studies and have shown a linear rise in Atmospheric CO2 following Global Temperature increases in the past. So the whole climate change due to CO2 levels increasing would be totally wrong and the CO2 increase was actually the result of the higher temperatures. If this groups of scientists is correct we only have a few decades before drastic Temp. reductions cause the next ice-age. The graph I saw in the presentation shows dramatic drop-offs, with hundreds of years of slow increases in Temperature following. I would rather have the Global warming that they have been ranting about for decades, than an ice-age. The science is far from 100% either way though.

I'm not a climatologists, but I played at one in college.

You also have to note that there is a noted group of scientist in Europe that believe we have entered the first stages of the next ice age. This makes more sense, considering the average global temperature has actually gone down some in the last 15 years. The group based the research on artic core ice studies and have shown a linear rise in Atmospheric CO2 following Global Temperature increases in the past. So the whole climate change due to CO2 levels increasing would be totally wrong and the CO2 increase was actually the result of the higher temperatures. If this groups of scientists is correct we only have a few decades before drastic Temp. reductions cause the next ice-age. The graph I saw in the presentation shows dramatic drop-offs, with hundreds of years of slow increases in Temperature following. I would rather have the Global warming that they have been ranting about for decades, than an ice-age. The science is far from 100% either way though.

I'm not a climatologists, but I played at one in college.

Interesting. If there is an ice age, just move to Nashville. You'll be fine.

The school closing maps are hilarious. Literally every county surrounding us gets out...there is a perfect ring of snow and winter weather circling us. I'm now convinced that we live under a dome.

This. That said, how much the frigid weather in the midwest is due to climate change is hard to say. From what I have read, the cause is just that cold air that normally hangs out over the pole has been pushed south. So we get Santa's weather while Alaska enjoys record highs. I've seen some claims that warmer ocean temperatures (resulting in correspondingly warmer temps over those oceans) are responsible for the shift. But the bottom line is that what's happened here this year looks more like weather moving, not an overall colder winter.

This. That said, how much the frigid weather in the midwest is due to climate change is hard to say. From what I have read, the cause is just that cold air that normally hangs out over the pole has been pushed south. So we get Santa's weather while Alaska enjoys record highs. I've seen some claims that warmer ocean temperatures (resulting in correspondingly warmer temps over those oceans) are responsible for the shift. But the bottom line is that what's happened here this year looks more like weather moving, not an overall colder winter.

I think the bottom line here is: Nobody Knows.

So, what do we do? Do our best to live as responsibly as we can. If we can reduce our impact on the environment, then we should. All of this, "Global warming doesn't exist, so I'm going to continue polluting the earth" nonsense is just that...nonsense. Whether it exists are not, I'm interested in leaving my children with the best possible version of this planet to live their lives on.