LB Max Bullough, Michigan State

So walter has the team meetings tracker going again. So far only one meeting listed for Cincy: Michigan State ILB Max Bullough. Bullough had a good career with the Spartans but was suspended from the Rose Bowl under still-mysterious circumstances. He also ended up on probation after a bar fight in 2011, and showed up at the East-West Bowl (where the Bengals met with him) 20 lbs. over his playing weight. Walter has him ranked 6th among his ILB prospects and rates him as a 3-5 round pick; CBS has him as a 7th rounder.

FWIW.

• 3 weeks later...

Got another name up, BC RB Andre Williams. He projects as a mid-round pick. Missed the senior bowl because of an injury and has a history of getting hurt. That said he did rush for 2,177 yards on 355 carries last year, a better than 6 yard average, and scored 18 times. So yeah, worth a look.

Add in:

Dee Ford, DE, Auburn

Ryan Shazier, OLB, Ohio State

I heard Ford still has some medical concerns, but Shazier really wouldn't bother me much in our LB corps.

Maualuga bothers me much more with the inconsistency in his play.

If they go in another direction than CB, I think the CB draft class is deep enough to get one in the 2nd round.

Dee Ford strikes me as a DE-to-LB conversion project and we've seen how well that works in Cincy (not at all).

I like Shazier except that I don't know what they do with him. He's a WILL in the Bengals D and we already have this guy who's pretty good there. By all reports Gunther remains high on Maualuga, and even if he wasn't it would make at least as much sense to make Vinny Rey the starting MLB as it would to move Burfict and plug Shazier in at WILL.

The one thing I could see would be to move Burfict to the middle, Maualuga to SLB and then Shazier at WILL, but I can't get past their stubborn refusal to even consider moving Vontaze and Rey last offseason. So I just can't see where Shazier fits unless something fundamental has changed in their thinking. And I've seen no evidence of that.

Where's the Ohio State running back supposed to go? He's a power type, and if we can get him not in the first or second, it would be worth it. A rookie contract under the new CBA, we get a solid 4 years out of him, and I would not expect a second contract to go to him.

Where's the Ohio State running back supposed to go? He's a power type, and if we can get him not in the first or second, it would be worth it. A rookie contract under the new CBA, we get a solid 4 years out of him, and I would not expect a second contract to go to him.

Hyde is thought to be taken in the 2nd round.

I'm with you though on taking him in the 3rd round should he fall that far, but he won't.

I think his skill set would compliment Gio perfectly.

I hope to see more of Burkhead this season.