2 Weeks of Richard Sherman

icehole3

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just always find it odd when a college graduate seems incapable of putting together a coherent sentence.

When I was in the Army, my language was out of f*cking control, but only when I found it prudent to speak that way.

When it wasn't acceptable, I would speak like I had some common sense about me.

Sherman doesn't strike me as having that common sense approach to him.

I get the intensity of the moment, but d*mn.

The ADHD aspect is interesting to consider.

Doc sees it similar to how I and Jim Brown do:

/>http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20140120/COL03/140120015/Doc-Richard-Sherman-let-your-play-speak-for-you

Having the same take as Daugherty should make you very nervous. Daugherty is a massive tool.

Doc sees it similar to how I and Jim Brown do:

/>http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20140120/COL03/140120015/Doc-Richard-Sherman-let-your-play-speak-for-you

Having the same take as Daugherty should make you very nervous. Daugherty is a massive tool.

Don't even know what that means. Whatever it means I guess that includes Jimbo?

My opinion of the post-playing days Jim Brown is not high either,grect.

Well we have a lot in common! We agree to disagree on several issues.

I've managed baseball for 25 years on several levels, never put up with divas and foolishness and won several championships along the way.

It's old school and that's the era Jimbo and I grew up in.

Now, let me say that when it comes to football, I yield to anyone's opinion/philosophy/experience, including any forum members here, that have played or coached organized football on any level, because as I have said before, I have not played one snap of organized football or coached it on any level.

Yes, I do have opinions, but have no hands on knowledge and will never pretend so.

Don't get me wrong Greg. I'm not concerned who people enjoy listening to or reading.

I won't tell them they are wrong for listening to them either, but have my own thoughts on them.

I generally don't like what most analysts have to say, because I don't think they are any closer to my team than the fans are.

Hobson is probably the closest to what the Bengals do and still seems clueless at times.

I prefer going with my own speculation based off of what I hear the coaches say and what they have typically done in the past.

It's why I don't think Dalton or Cook are going anywhere and why I felt there was no chance in hell Zimmer stayed with the Bengals.

One season I did a mock where I actually hit on four of the Bengals picks.

Does that make me a great analyst of what the team does or simply lucky ??

Anyone can talk about sports.

Don't get me wrong Greg. I'm not concerned who people enjoy listening to or reading.

I won't tell them they are wrong for listening to them either, but have my own thoughts on them.

I generally don't like what most analysts have to say, because I don't think they are any closer to my team than the fans are.

Hobson is probably the closest to what the Bengals do and still seems clueless at times.

I prefer going with my own speculation based off of what I hear the coaches say and what they have typically done in the past.

It's why I don't think Dalton or Cook are going anywhere and why I felt there was no chance in hell Zimmer stayed with the Bengals.

One season I did a mock where I actually hit on four of the Bengals picks.

Does that make me a great analyst of what the team does or simply lucky ??

Anyone can talk about sports.

It's all any of us have Army, opinions. I would love to have the time and access just to be an observer in all the team meetings, coaches meetings, locker room, being able to roam the side lines etc. Not interviewing or in anyone's way, just observing and taking it all in. That truly is the only way one can get a 'clear' picture of what truly is going on and why things are done the way they are.

But, for a guy like me who's never been any closer to football than a casual fan, that's never going to happen.

Again, I have to give the 'football' minds the benefit of the doubt, because I don't have all that access.

Just like when SF had 2 time-outs with a minute and a half left in the game, and were playing like they had no time outs left. Why didn't Harbaugh use the time-outs?

He had to have a reason he didn't, and I'm seeing it in my living room and he's right there in the midst.

Not to say that coaches don't make mistakes, but there are a lot of football minds on those sidelines most of them have been playing/coaching since they were 9 years old.

Okay I'm going to stop the rambling, and just say that, for me, it would be a true learning experience to spend just a season in that observer mode with an NFL team!!

I always said I would simply love to sit in the war room on draft day.

To hear the conversation about how things work and what the coaches are thinking when the draft is happening.

THAT would be a great thing.

I don't think the analysts have that much more access than we do honestly.

They conduct the interviews that we watch and then they form their opinions.

Same thing we fans do minus conducting the interview.

For the most part, I bet some of the guys on here could present an equal appraisal of the Bengals than some random analyst on ESPN.

I always said I would simply love to sit in the war room on draft day.

To hear the conversation about how things work and what the coaches are thinking when the draft is happening.

THAT would be a great thing.

I don't think the analysts have that much more access than we do honestly.

They conduct the interviews that we watch and then they form their opinions.

Same thing we fans do minus conducting the interview.

For the most part, I bet some of the guys on here could present an equal appraisal of the Bengals than some random analyst on ESPN.

Totally agree. Outside of the few ex-players/coaches like Dungy, Marino, Boomer etc, most analysts never played football or never played on any higher level than some in here have.

And even the ex players and coaches have to be somewhat politically correct to a degree.

However I take more from 'most' ex players than I ever would the average analysts.

Just for kicks and giggles how many in here have played and/or coached organized football and on what levels?

Me? - Nada

Me ?? Nada. I was always the small guy and still am for the most part.

I topped out at 5'7 and was much smaller when I was in high school.

I always played/coached soccer and have a great love for the game even though it bores the hell out of most.

That being said, I consider myself a very educated fan of the game.

Well, maybe not "educated", but certainly familiar.

Fine, i'm not familiar, I totally make sh*t up as I go.

There. You happy ??

:lol:

Me ?? Nada. I was always the small guy and still am for the most part.

I topped out at 5'7 and was much smaller when I was in high school.

I always played/coached soccer and have a great love for the game even though it bores the hell out of most.

That being said, I consider myself a very educated fan of the game.

Well, maybe not "educated", but certainly familiar.

Fine, i'm not familiar, I totally make sh*t up as I go.

There. You happy ??

:lol:/>

lol. We have a lot in common Army. I was small and raised with a baseball father. Played summer baseball from age 9-15. Started playing softball at 17 in the military. Managed LL in the military and continued to manage after the military from LL to high school level.

I'm probably more casual of a football fan than you are and don't know jack about the game!

Growing up in Dayton I've always been a Reds and Bengals fan and pulled for Dayton Flyers in college basketball and Ohio State in college basketball and football.

/>http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24151757/richard-sherman-is-the-most-interesting-person-in-football

interesting article summarizing Sherman's profile.

3.9 gpa in HS, and graduating from Stanford. I don't see Sherman as the guy who is illiterate and cruised through his college academic career.

His file would speak for itself. Not all schools are like that, besides you don't have to be academically challenged to be an a-hole. Most of the obnoxious and arrogant people I run across are misguided intellects.

I see how you moved the goal posts there. nifty.

My whole point is made by you. Sherman seems like an a-hole, despite his academics (of which he did quite well).

Ad to that that when humans take ADHD drugs, it can bring out some of the more assertive and obnoxious parts of their demeanor. Now, put that into the body of an already aggressive and egocentric mind like so many top athletes, and you might get behavior as exhibited by Sherman. I believe that is what we are seeing.

/>http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24151757/richard-sherman-is-the-most-interesting-person-in-football

interesting article summarizing Sherman's profile.

3.9 gpa in HS, and graduating from Stanford. I don't see Sherman as the guy who is illiterate and cruised through his college academic career.

His file would speak for itself. Not all schools are like that, besides you don't have to be academically challenged to be an a-hole. Most of the obnoxious and arrogant people I run across are misguided intellects.

I see how you moved the goal posts there. nifty.

My whole point is made by you. Sherman seems like an a-hole, despite his academics (of which he did quite well).

Ad to that that when humans take ADHD drugs, it can bring out some of the more assertive and obnoxious parts of their demeanor. Now, put that into the body of an already aggressive and egocentric mind like so many top athletes, and you might get behavior as exhibited by Sherman. I believe that is what we are seeing.

Well said!!! I guess that's why you are da KING!!! ;)

I never played organized football, but played a lot of backyard games. I was into baseball to much to risk getting mangled during football season. I also played on the golf team to keep busy. I played in the intra-mural league at BGSU (two-handed touch that usually ended up tackle) and lead the league in rushing 2 out of the three years I played. I too am on the small side 5' 8" and was more suited to baseball, but always had the track/football coaches on me about not playing for them. I beat the best 100 yard sprinter the track coach had every time during PE. That was a long time ago though, and now I struggle to keep up with my 7 year old.

I played softball for 16 years and still miss playing. There is no better feeling than hitting a ball and knowing it is landing where no one is going to catch it. When you hear/feel that sweet spot and can just drop the bat and watch as you jog the bases, gives me goosebumps just thinking about it. I think I'll go to the batting cages this weekend.

Sherman's not a turd. No, I didn't watch the video, I can't stand Skip Bayless. Sherman is a great corner who has the typical great corner attitude - I'm the greatest. They need it to survive getting torched 2 or 3 times a game. Taunting Crabtree was wrong, though there was some back story to that. Just a feeling, but I have a feeling that if you got to know both Crabtree and Sherman, you'd find Crabtree more objectionable.

Sherman's not a turd. No, I didn't watch the video, I can't stand Skip Bayless. Sherman is a great corner who has the typical great corner attitude - I'm the greatest. They need it to survive getting torched 2 or 3 times a game. Taunting Crabtree was wrong, though there was some back story to that. Just a feeling, but I have a feeling that if you got to know both Crabtree and Sherman, you'd find Crabtree more objectionable.

Don't care anything about 'getting to know' either one of them. I just know Burfict has more off field class than Sherman.

Just for the record, I don't have any problem with anything Sherman said or how he said it. You walk the walk, you get to talk the talk.

Not on my team!

For the record, we agree to disagree. All that does is make the team about them instead of the team.

If it's an individual sport (bowling, golf,

boxing, tennis) then that's a different story.

Been through that once with Chad Johnson and if any of the Bengals resort to that, then I simply become an even more casual distant fan.