2 Weeks of Richard Sherman

icehole3

• Replies 104
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Wish that guy were on the bengals. And I thought the post-game interview was awesome. So much more interesting than the usual one game at a time bulls**t.

He's a thug and a diva. I don't want to win that bad! Been there done that with Johnson/Owen!

You start adding thugs and divas, then the next thing you know you got the Steelers kind of play breaking punters jaws and vertebrae!

I'll pull out if it came to that and just watch the Reds!

Wish that guy were on the bengals. And I thought the post-game interview was awesome. So much more interesting than the usual one game at a time bulls**t.

He's a thug and a diva. I don't want to win that bad! Been there done that with Johnson/Owen!

You start adding thugs and divas, then the next thing you know you got the Steelers kind of play breaking punters jaws and vertebrae!

wtf? Is it because he is black? Has dreds? Seriously, "he's a thug"? Get the f**k out of here with that s**t. He's a Stanford grad with a Masters. Are you confused about the fact that some NFL guys talk? What do you think Burfict does?

Good lord.

And, having said that, I apologize if that came off rough, gregcook. I do think that the "thug" label gets tossed around WAY too easily. Aaron Hernandez, now that guy is a thug. Richard Sherman? Not so much.

wtf? Is it because he is black? Has dreds? Seriously, "he's a thug"? Get the f**k out of here with that s**t. He's a Stanford grad with a Masters. Are you confused about the fact that some NFL guys talk? What do you think Burfict does?

Good lord.

Nice mouth.

You can't disagree without attacking? Same garbage that goes on in the Bengals forum!

I refuse to come back and attack you simply because you disagree.

I've NEVER heard Burfict act or speak that way in an interview! NEVER!

You can disagree and attack with all the swearing because I don't like players like that and because I don't want to win as much as you ddo, but I will NOT attack you or say you are wrong or out order because we disagree either.

Also, Burfict punched a guy in the nuts. And his trash-talking is observed in how guys react to him and his ability to draw personal fouls. And I mind exactly none of it. I wish like hell Sherman were on this team with that ability and that swagger in the backfield. He's what I wish Dre was and is not.

I do reject the "thug" label for Sherman.

Also, Burfict punched a guy in the nuts. And his trash-talking is observed in how guys react to him and his ability to draw personal fouls. And I mind exactly none of it. I wish like hell Sherman were on this team with that ability and that swagger in the backfield. He's what I wish Dre was and is not.

I will agree to disagree. What goes on, on the field is one thing, it's the off field diva like swagger in interviews and locker rooms that can self destruct. Peko and Whit have said as much.

I will agree to disagree. What goes on, on the field is one thing, it's the off field diva like swagger in interviews and locker rooms that can self destruct. Peko and Whit have said as much.

Def agree to disagree. There is a difference between what Chad's self-promotion was and a guy who wears his emotions on his sleeve and you see that in interviews. One is a clubhouse killer, the other is not. Sherman made a game-saving play, one of the better athletic plays you could ever hope to see from a CB, and put his team in the Super Bowl. I think they will be fine...

It's one thing to trash talk during the game...you'd be a fool to think that doesn't happen. However, he made himself look like an ignorant buffoon in front of the whole country. In fact, he does it quite frequently. After watching that interview, my only thought was "How did this clown get into Stanford?"

But, he has to be somewhat intelligent and articulate to graduate in three years from a school like that...so why act like an idiot? Talented player, but can't stand the guy. In fact, I don't care for a lot of the Seahawks outside of Russ Wilson.

It's one thing to trash talk during the game...you'd be a fool to think that doesn't happen. However, he made himself look like an ignorant buffoon in front of the whole country. In fact, he does it quite frequently. After watching that interview, my only thought was "How did this clown get into Stanford?"

But, he has to be somewhat intelligent and articulate to graduate in three years from a school like that...so why act like an idiot? Talented player, but can't stand the guy. In fact, I don't care for a lot of the Seahawks outside of Russ Wilson.

Sometimes I think football is becoming more of a me sport then a team sport. Of course it's not with everyone, but after watching some of these playoff games it makes me wonder. It actually costed in a lot of penalties in that Panthers game.

It's fine if you want to get your team fired up, but if you have to do it at the expense of others, you just aren't that good at motivating people. I lay that at the feet of Pete Carroll. He encourages this type of behavior. I really wanted to like the Seahawks this year, but I can't stand taunting opponents. Despite my loathing of the Steelers, I was incredibly disappointed when TJ wiped his shoes with a Terrible Towel. It was disrespectful and unneeded. I feel the same way about the Seahawks taunting the 49ers. I also felt the this way when Kapernick mocked Cam Newton's superman thing last week. There's no place for it.

I really don't think you have to be that intelligent to get through college as an athlete these days.

I've seen first hand where college athletes are literally walked around to make sure they even know where their classes are.

They have people for the sole purpose of making sure they get where they need to be all day and don't screw up.

If they do poorly in their classes, they have tutors for them and if that doesn't work, well there's the whole "program" to consider.

While not all athletes are in the same line in which i'm referring, I won't pretend these guys are intelligent.

Need further proof ?? Chris Johnson of the Titans went to college as well.

It's a joke sometimes.

Sherman ?? Again, love his play on the field and hate his mouth off of it.

Why does he keep blabbing about how Crabtree is mediocre? Anyone who watches him play can see the guy is extremely good. Sherman is an amazing corner, the guy is huge. Humility will eventually be thrust upon him, so his blathering right now doesn't bother me. He wasn't profane when he was screaming into the microphone after the game, so at least there's that. The league has let those two teams, 9ers and Seahawks, go too far with the bad sportsmanship this year. Both coaches are to blame. Now the league undoubtedly is regretting letting it get to this point, so we will see some heavy-handed over-correction early next season.

Def agree to disagree. There is a difference between what Chad's self-promotion was and a guy who wears his emotions on his sleeve and you see that in interviews. One is a clubhouse killer, the other is not. Sherman made a game-saving play, one of the better athletic plays you could ever hope to see from a CB, and put his team in the Super Bowl. I think they will be fine...

I will only speak for me. I have no clue what goes on in the locker rooms except what interviews or articles I read or see where players or coaches reveal episodes. I'm not going to pretend that I know what Seattle's locker room chemistry is, I just know what CAN happen.

I retract my thug accusation concerning Sherman. That is an unfair accusation. He is an arrogant diva, neither of which I care for.

Also, IMHO, I know Marvin Lewis is not the best NFL coach but after reading halfway through the book, "Men of Sunday" by Curtis Eichelberger, (a good read and dirt cheap at Amazon) I have a ton of respect for Lewis and the values he instills in his players and the genuine love he has for them beyond football, realizing there's much more to life than football.

Richard Sherman does himself a disservice by losing control of himself the way he did. It's a fine line when playing with serious intensity and passion, which clearly does, then allowing it to spill over and become a negative.

Now, yo all may laugh, but with the run of positive tests for the ADHD drugs in Seattle, his reaction and behavior is typical of someone who takes too much of the stuff. Recall, he got off for his positive test.

It's funny that his short tirade has caused such an uproar. Lost really is his performance in the game and on that last play. He shut them down hard.

Richard Sherman has a huge chip, especially with Harbaugh and Crabtree. I don't mind some trash but he takes it over the line, into the personal realm and its a negative.

As for Burfict, there are some mic'd up videos out there, and while he does talk smack, its not the bizarro nuttiness that Sherman brings. Sherman's feel drug fueled, like hes had way too much ADHD pills.

http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24151757/richard-sherman-is-the-most-interesting-person-in-football

interesting article summarizing Sherman's profile.

3.9 gpa in HS, and graduating from Stanford. I don't see Sherman as the guy who is illiterate and cruised through his college academic career.

/>http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24151757/richard-sherman-is-the-most-interesting-person-in-football

interesting article summarizing Sherman's profile.

3.9 gpa in HS, and graduating from Stanford. I don't see Sherman as the guy who is illiterate and cruised through his college academic career.

His file would speak for itself. Not all schools are like that, besides you don't have to be academically challenged to be an a-hole. Most of the obnoxious and arrogant people I run across are misguided intellects.