And It Just Gets Better for Browns Fans

HoosierCat

• 1 month later...

Oh my, yes, this will help...if the goal is to get me to edit the topic title to "Things will never get better for Browns fans"

Cleveland Browns fans have started the ‘Fail For Cardale’ movement on social media in hopes that their team is bad enough during the 2015 NFL season to be in a position to select Ohio State Buckeyes quarterback Cardale Jones in the 2016 NFL Draft.

http://national.suntimes.com/national-sports/7/72/1793368/cleveland-browns-fans-hoping-for-cardale-jones

I'm a Buckeyes fan, but I don't think Cardale "I didn't come to play school" Jones is going to be the first overall pick.

In all honesty, I don't know that he's a first round talent. He's a big guy with a big arm, playing with a ton of talent.

Can't say this would be the best approach on the part of the Browns. Then again, can it get worse ??

I found this on the FO predictions comment thread and thought it totally worth stealing:

PREDICTION FOR 2015-16: The Patriots will start strong but stumble near the end of the season when Belichick gets fed up with sneaking around and just flat-out dumps poison into the Gatorade cooler on the Eagles sideline.

The Patriots win that game, but Goodell fines Belichick two hundred dollars and suspends him for the first quarter of the Texans matchup. That small suspension will cause the Pats finely tuned winning machine to slip a gear and they will lose the next two games.

A tearful Tom Brady will retire from football after his befuddled team can only play to a tie against the Jets. Brady will be persuaded to return to the field just in time to have his jaw broken by a rampaging Ndamukong Suh who also injures two FOX interns and the team bus before his handlers can dart him.

The Patriots late-season stumble paves the way for a matchup between the Denver Broncos and the Cleveland Browns.

Cleveland has shocked the entire NFL by showing up for the playoffs with a record of 15-1. Their entire season has gone under the radar since no games were televised and the home games were only attended by a few dozen people whom no one believed.

The Browns trounce the Broncos in the AFCC. After the game, Peyton Manning admits that he has had no feeling below the neck since October of 2007 and says he's considering retiring. John Elway is immediately bombarded with texts and emails from Brett Favre and Jeff George. Elway buys a new phone.

Meanwhile, in the NFC, Seattle has beaten everybody and everything in their path, including one game against the Vikings in which Mike Kafka attempts only 22 passes, but the Seahawks record 25 interceptions, giving them a defensive DVOA of -389% and causing Aaron Scahtz do drink far too much and produce a completely incoherent Quick Reads.

In the end, Seattle is bested by the Arizona Cardinals and the hipster mastermind, Bruce Arians, who uses quantum mechanics to construct a quarterback-free, non-passing, no-handoff offense which is impossible to defend against in only three dimensions.

The Cardinals/Browns Super BowL will have very low television ratings, but will enjoy fame on YouTube because of a pyrotechnics accident during the halftime show which only frightens Bruno Mars, but causes severe burns to a dancing candy cane.

The smoke and smell of burning peppermint hang over the second half of the game, and a lenghty court battle between Levi's Stadium and Roger Goodell over the fumigation bill occupies most sports pundits during the off season.

The final score will be 8-3, but the name of the winner will be withheld in order to not spoil the suspense. Although the residents of Cleveland joyfully burn their city to the ground, this fact should not be taken as a "spoiler" since it will occur in November, and no one will even notice until February.

TMZ: Browns players want JFF to start.

http://www.tmz.com/2015/09/29/cleveland-browns-players-furious-over-johnny-manziel-put-him-in-the-damn-game/

The Clowns deny the report of course, but still, it's not hard to believe. What's the point of playing McCown? May as well figure out if the midget is worth hanging on to.

• 4 weeks later...

ST. LOUIS, Mo. -- Johnny Manziel might have to start next week against the Cardinals because of Josh McCown's shoulder injury -- providing he's not suspended by the NFL by then for his domestic incident on Oct. 12.

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2015/10/johnny_manziel_injury_josh_mcc.html#incart_big-photo

• 2 weeks later...

Andrew Hawkins suffers second concussion in as many weeks. Hospitalized today with no memory of what happened. Hope he recovers quickly and fully. Sounds like he may need to think about calling it a career. At least he got a solid payday.

https://twitter.com/jaymorrisoncmg/status/666059247755632641