OK Were Screwed !!!

jbengals1

I wouldn't go that far at all.

I wanted the OC replaced, and I'm happy with who they have in place.

I hated to see Zim go but we all knew it was going to happen. It upsets me, but it's time to move on. Paul seems like a great coach that players like, lets just hope he gets the best out of everyone.

If this team is really that good making the playoffs the last couple of years, then they should be fine with coaching changes. It happens every year and teams move on. Will see what happens, but it helps having familiar faces taking over.

OC was a upgrade and will help our Defense,DC Well it's a downgrade with a good running game still should be a top 10 unit.

Bengals Defense will be the new Ravens Defense it will it will constantly get people HeadCoaching jobs for coaching a very strong unit but never be as good as the guy as who started it Ala Marvin Lewis(4Ravens) Ala Mike Zimmer.

AHHHHHH!!!!!! The world is going to stop spinning, the sun will stop shining, Mike Zimmer is gone and every player on the defense will suddenly forget how to play.

I agree Jay's departure and Hue becomming the OC is a wholesale upgrade. Jay's playcalling left alot to be desired and Hue has been a very good OC everywhere he has gone. Give some freaking props to this organization. They knew that Jay was going to be a strong HC candidate because of his name and Zim because of his performance and so they planned for it. They grabbed Hue as soon as he became available even though they didn't have a spot for him because he was their insurance, kept him as a defensive assistant for one year and then promoted him to RB coach when Anderson retired. They kept adding responsibilities to Guenther to get him prepped as well.

The Players on the defense have alot of respect for Paulie G and that is 80% of the battle. Remember this was Marvin's and Zimm's hand picked guy to promote we will be just fine in fact I expect our D to be better than it was last year, not because of any steller coaching job but because the players (Dre, iLoka, Atkins being back, new rookies and no significant departures aside from MJ and they drafted his replacement last year in Hunt) will be better after another year of seasoning.

Maybe Guenther will be able to keep the D from sucking ass in the playoffs. Just saying.

I so agree with this! Zim was good but his defense wasn't always great in big games, and in the playoffs they sucked.

Don't you all think that the ineptitude on offense in those games had an affect on the defense? Three and outs and pick sixes can't be helping. They gave up 19 points to Houston last year. Usually that's good enough. How many short fields did they have two weeks ago and only gave up six points? Garbage time run stats are a little misleading when the opposing team is running out the clock.

If you look at the last few posts on the Andy Dalton Sucks thread there are some numbers looking at the D in national/playoff games. You can certainly chalk some of their struggles up to the poor O, but the bottom line is they generally played flat. Little pressure, few turnovers and no resistance to the run.

Jjak, in this latest game, we were gashed for almost 200 yards on the ground, and the D gave up 2 long clock-killing soul-stealing drives before Andy started his latest turnover-fest. They were not tired, they were not backs-against-the-wall at that point , they were simply dominated at the LOS. It was the same story against Houston the two years prior.

Noting that is not to excuse dalton, but let's not pretend the D played well in this or the other playoff games. All playoff games under Zim had the same issues, few sacks, almost no pressure, few turnovers forced. It has been a defensive s**tshow, same as Andy's offensive s**t-show.

The SD game had its share of poor D. Dre's long TD pass and their inability to get Rivers on the ground a few times cost them. Take away the last TD run and 130 yds on the ground seems a little more palatable. Twenty points allowed and I'd say you're still in it.

Not sure if there was a trend or weakness in the postseason with Zim or if the players underperformed but I'm not willing to dismiss his body of work. The D bailed out the O numerous times in his tenure. When that wasn't there the O wasn't able to carry the team.

I am not dismissing his body of work, I wish zim could have stayed, but I am saying in response to to the world is ending posts over his leaving that a frank look at his tenure includes acknowledging he had troubles getting his unit to be good in the playoffs. That's just a fact. I hope grunther can improve on that should we get back next year.

When that wasn't there the O wasn't able to carry the team.

Not wholly true. Sometimes it did, sometimes it didn't. The Indy game in December springs immediately to mind. D crapped the bed bad in the second half, coughing up four touchdown drives, but Dalton and the O matched them score for score. The first three games of 2012 are another example; Bengals went 2-1 to start the year even though the D gave up a combined 102 points. I remember how surprised I was because I thought the D was going to need to carry the team to get off to a good start and instead it was the offense.

In the abstract, losing both coordinators was terrifying. But now seeing how it actually played out, I'm pretty satisfied with it. I think both guys have a chance to be good, the planning and continuity the FO employed = Smart.

I laughed at a couple things I read recently, basically columns that said, "love those bengals, but mike brown wrecks everything." Really not informed at all.

Yeah, I was feeling you there Hoosier. I didn't realize how burnt I was doing my job until I got away from it for a week.

Don't get me wrong, I like my job, but I needed to step away. My employees will benefit from my attitude adjustment for sure.

I wanted Gruden gone from the jump and always figured Zimmer would be leaving so this was no shock at all.

I like Hue stepping in and think Guenther will do a fine job. There's a reason Zimmer wanted him to follow him to Minny.

On a side note, I passed by Hue in the airport and gave a quick, "What's up for 2014 coach ??"

His response ?? "Run the ball !!!"

Yeah, I liked those three words a lot.

sorry the world is not ending !!!

but 2014 season is screwed ....

it will be like a rebuilding year :(/>/>

Nothing is being rebuilt. Same offense, same defense, same personnel.

Yeah, I don't get the "rebuilding" thought process either.

Both coordinators have familiarity and little to nothing will change.

Hopefully the end will turn out differently in 2014.

I will state that while 3 straight "one and done" seasons are frustrating, at least we aren't some of these other organizations.

In a league meant to make the postseason something any team can get to, it doesn't work out that way very often.

sorry the world is not ending !!!

but 2014 season is screwed ....

it will be like a rebuilding year :(/>/>/>

Nothing is being rebuilt. Same offense, same defense, same personnel.

Yeah, I don't get the "rebuilding" thought process either.

Both coordinators have familiarity and little to nothing will change.

Hopefully the end will turn out differently in 2014.

I will state that while 3 straight "one and done" seasons are frustrating, at least we aren't some of these other organizations.

In a league meant to make the postseason something any team can get to, it doesn't work out that way very often.

That what I've said but some see that as a loser defeatist attitude, but that was shortly after the playoff loss so I chalked it up to post season frustration.