Positive Talk and Moving Forward...where to go next?

skyline

• Replies 65
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

It's all about the Benjamin's. I think MJ crapped out this season. 3.5 sacks isn't going to excite teams. Without Geno soaking up defenders both he and Dunlap were much less effective, tho I think Carlos did better. He may be hard-pressed to match what Dunlap got; of course he did get a big payday in 2013.

Love those thoughts with Collins and MJ.

Geno is just one of those guys needing to be accounted for every snap and demand double teams.

Remember when Haynesworth was stomping people in Tennessee and a guy named Vandenbosch was one of the "best in the league" ??

That's what Geno and MJ remind me of.

I want a CB, either 1st round or FA starter.

Next a good/strong C

S is third and whatever they do with the rest should add some depth to the O-line, LB, DB ranks.

If they can get a starter at CB, C and S that improves those spots this offseason will be a win.

Cook has been serviceable. I generally haven't had a problem with him, in large part because the positions to his immediate left and right have needed attention even more. And over the past couple of years that has finally happened. Cook's is basically the final spot on the line to upgrade. I'm fine with that. The only real question is do you go with Robinson or draft someone? At this point I'm inclined toward Robinson given potential needs at corner, DE and T but there's a lot of free agency to go.

I don't see Robinson as an upgrade over Cook.

Possibly even a downgrade

Based on what I've seen it's both. Robinson is definitely a better run blocker. But Cook may be a marginally better pass protector.

My preference would be to go get someone like Alex Mack in free agency. But if they have to pay Collins that may be it for oline spending. Still, the Cruel God of 2014 isn't looking quite as cruel these days...

I don't see Robinson as an upgrade over Cook.

Possibly even a downgrade

Based on what I've seen it's both. Robinson is definitely a better run blocker. But Cook may be a marginally better pass protector.

My preference would be to go get someone like Alex Mack in free agency. But if they have to pay Collins that may be it for oline spending. Still, the Cruel God of 2014 isn't looking quite as cruel these days...

They have some coin invested in Cook, and have been preferential to him for some time, despite his struggles. Robinson has played better than Cook when Cook was down with injury. Honestly, I don't see them cutting Cook ad handing the job to Robinson, goes without saying that a FA coming in at C is a low % of happening. That said, I would like to see them get past Cook, get a FA or draft a very good C, and then have Robinson and that player fight it out.

AS for Collins, his quotes make it seem like his preference is to stay. Maybe just PR treatment but his enthusiasm on the field and overall attitude would be tough to let walk. I hope the consider the FT for him, if a deal isn't worked out. To me, with the depth of the D line, using the FT on Collins might be smarted than using it again on MJ.

So much of all this factors into the handling of injured Bengals, like Hall, Geathers, Newman. They tie up some money that could be used on Collins, MJ, Green.

I don't see them moving on from cook. When Alexandee and Marvin love a guy they don't move on from them much. We thought Livings was awful, and they just kept playing him, so not sure what there plan is.

Lvings vs. Mathis. They kept Livings, then was signed by Dallas. Not sure where he is now. Mathis is an AP All-Pro. Make of that what you will.

Exactly my point, for some reason Marvin and Alexander are afraid to move on from guys. They love Cook so I just am not sure they will be moving on from him. Will see I guess.

Yep. Like alot of things in life. Sometimes you're so close to the situation you can't see the forest through the trees.

Exactly my point, for some reason Marvin and Alexander are afraid to move on from guys. They love Cook so I just am not sure they will be moving on from him. Will see I guess.

Yep. Like alot of things in life. Sometimes you're so close to the situation you can't see the forest through the trees.

Possibly, but I think they simply saw larger needs elsewhere. Until this season, I would have agreed. Cook hadn't been terrible.

I'm expecting Boling to go into the mix at center

I want a left tackle.

Would you rather go get one, or keep Collins?

I'd rather sign Collins. He's played about as well as can be. He knows offense a D he wants to be here.

Do you trust protecting Andy 's back to a rookie? I don't.