Here's our first round pick

TJJackson

With the 32nd pick of the 2014 NFL Draft, the Cincinnati Bengals select......

(the commish pauses while some random draft freak from deep in the peanut gallery yells GIMME A LINEMAN!!!!)

......Bryan Stork, OC, Florida State

/>http://www.ourlads.com/ncaa-football-depth-charts/player/bryan-stork/97901
/>http://www.rimingtontrophy.com/news/?id=10141

Cant say that this sounds real good for a C in the AFCN

Lacks the power presence when matched up with bigger defensive tackles. Doesn’t create a new line of scrimmage. Leans forward too much. Weak hands prevent him from locking on to a defender. Dave Syvertsen, Ourlads' Draft Analyst

Lacks the power presence when matched up with bigger defensive tackles. Doesn't create a new line of scrimmage. Leans forward too much. Weak hands prevent him from locking on to a defender. Dave Syvertsen, Ourlads' Draft Analyst

Yeah, now go read what the draft analysts thought about Geno Atkins.

I actually wouldn't complain too much about a center, though I'd be highly surprised if that's the route they went.

Lacks the power presence when matched up with bigger defensive tackles. Doesn't create a new line of scrimmage. Leans forward too much. Weak hands prevent him from locking on to a defender. Dave Syvertsen, Ourlads' Draft Analyst

Yeah, now go read what the draft analysts thought about Geno Atkins.

I actually wouldn't complain too much about a center, though I'd be highly surprised if that's the route they went.

I don't have a problem with a center, but being a bit small with the lack of a power presence sounds like a bad fit in our division games. I want a CB in the first round, center in the second sounds OK to me.

It's still really hard to determine which way it will go when looking at the deals we have to get done internally.

Which of our own do we get extended ?? Which of our own do we see walk out the door ??

Then, do we get any other free agents to come into Cincinnati ??

From where i'm standing, I think we get some extensions done, but at the expense of MJ.

I don't think there will be much left for any free agent signings that are anything more than mid tier guys (which are always needed).

I still think CB is an absolute HUGE priority in the first round, unless someone falls that presents too much upside to pass up.

Are there any CB's that will be free agents that could be brought in without breaking the bank ?? I haven't looked at this point.

The o-line needs to continue with their building. What happens with Anthony Collins ??

LB is another area that intrigues me and I can't say what they are thinking long term.

Hate to even bring it up, but has Marvin Jones nailed down the #2 spot ??

I think so, but that doesn't mean it can't be upgraded over the rest of the bunch.

I'm solidly happy with the WR depth

AJ

Marvin

Baby Hawk

Sanu

Sanzenbacher

If they want to grab a speed guy late no problem, but don't waste a 1-3 round pick here, please.

CB,LB and OL seem to be the way to go 1-3, really any order as long as they find players they like.

I think you can pretty much lock in corner in the first.

I would think so as well, but i've come to learn that it's hard to say definitively.

Let's say they grab a CB in free agency and someone falls in the draft that presents to much value to pass.

Maybe they wait until the 2nd round and see where it goes. Maybe they miss and then scan the waiver wires.

Don't get me wrong, i'm on board fully with a CB in the first.

My Guys so far are:

QB:

-none-

RB:

-none-

WR:

Jordan Matthews, Vandy

Marquis Lee, USC

Shaq Evans, UCLA

TE:

-none-

OT:

Jake Matthews (but there is virtually no way he drops past 10), Texas A&M

Taylor Lewan, Michigan

OG:

Cyril Richardson, Baylor

Xavier Su'a-Filo, UCLA

C:

Travis Swanson, Arkansas

DT:

Louis Nix, Notre Dame

Ra'Shede Hageman, Minnesota

DE:

Trent Murphy, Stanford

Jackson Jeffcoat, Texas

OLB:

C.J. Mosley, Alabama

Khalil Mack, Buffalo (my #1 guy put he is probably long gone by the time we pick)

Anthony Barr, UCLA

Marquis Flowers, Arizona

MLB:

Shayne Skov, Stanford

Yawin Smallwood, UConn

CB:

Darqueze Dennard, Michigan State (my #2 guy)

Stanley Jean-Baptista, Nebraska

S:

Ha Ha Clinton-Dix, Alabama

Calvin Pryor, Louisville

Craig Loston, LSU

Dennard is a guy that I hope tests poorly at the combine because I love the way he plays and would be thrilled if he fell to the Bengals.

I know everyone wants to worry about Michael Johnson, but we still have Gilberry and Margus Hunt if he leaves.

My bigger concern is what about Anthony Collins ??

If he leaves, I assume Whit moves back to LT, but leaves a hole at LG I would rather not fill with Boling, although that's possible.

If Collins leaves, I would prefer they look LT early in the draft as I see Whit lasting longer playing the LG spot.

That could play out differently as they go, but I would like that direction.

In looking quickly (see not thoroughly) there would appear to be some real talent and depth at the CB spot in the draft.

Maybe enough to see one being there in the 2nd or make a move up to get the guy they like.

With the depth this team has, this might be a good year to see them make a move up in the draft like that.

At this point I think they have to pay Collins. Whit's knee is obviously going to be a chronic issue, and Boling is a try-hard guy but looks like a solid backup but not a starter.

I would love to see them keep Collins, but that number is going to prohibit what else they can do in regards to other extensions.

If this post season goes very well, it gets rougher in regards to what those numbers look like.

I just think Whit's career at this point will best served with a permanent move inside to LG.

Not to mention how well the Bengals do in that situation.

And that is why a guy like Lewan in the late first is going to be a real possibility.

If the draft plays out with 5 QBs going in the first 8 picks as some have suggested there are alot of good plays that are going to filter down into the 20's and even into the second round.

You figure Clowney is going top ten, Jake Matthews is going top ten, Bridgewater, Bortles, Hundley, Manziel, and Carr as QBs top Ten, Mack and Barr Top Ten, Mike Evans and Sammy Watkins are going top fifteen, Cyril Richardson is likely a top fifteen pick, as is Cyrus Kouandijo from Alabama, Cameron Ewing is a very likely top 15 player as well, and throw is Dennard if he tests well and there you have the top 15 mapped out. Add in a guy like Taj Boyd who if he tests well will sneak back into that conversation as well....

That leaves alot of good players for the last half of the first round.

Wraith, I would love to see Lewan drop to us, but i'm not betting on it.

Mostly because I don't see the Bengals losing this weekend and that will result in 4 more teams picking ahead of us.

Every year is the same thing, there will inevitably be a player there they didn't think would be.

The question is, what do they do at that point. Many didn't think Eifert would be there when we picked but he was.

There are many players I think will help this team moving forward and while I think CB is a heavy favorite in the first, I wouldn't call it a lock.

As I mentioned, it's a pretty deep CB draft and there will likely be someone very good sitting there in the 2nd round.

Any thoughts to a RB to replace BJGE ??

This isn't my Buckeye bias coming out, but I think Carlos Hyde would be nice should he be there in the 3rd.

I just ask myself, if I were an NFL GM, what would I pay for a good -- not great, but good -- OT who has never started more than 7 games in a single season and will turn 29 during the 2014 season? And I look at what tackles got last year, which was less than expected. I see a good deal for AC coming, but not one the Bengals can't handle if they want to.

I just ask myself, if I were an NFL GM, what would I pay for a good -- not great, but good -- OT who has never started more than 7 games in a single season and will turn 29 during the 2014 season? And I look at what tackles got last year, which was less than expected. I see a good deal for AC coming, but not one the Bengals can't handle if they want to.

Great, CB in the first round.

Like I said Hoosier, I would be more than ok with that scenario !!!

:sure: