Colts @ Bengals Game Thread

HoosierCat

• Replies 443
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Enjoyed the game, froze my little toesies off though

I have to say, though, I dont think the reversed call on the touchdown should have been reversed. I think his knee was down before the ball crossed the plane, and I still think they should have taken the three points there.

I agree. I probably take the three there too.

Here is the ref's explanation:
/>http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24369100/jeff-triplette-explains-decision-to-award-bengals-controversial-td

He sounds like an idiot there and leaves himself open to points of incompetence. His admitting that he didn't even look at whether the runner was tripped in the backfield is incompetence and shows a lack of understand in doing his job.

We NEVER get calls like that. It was amazing that we got one back

Enjoyed the game, froze my little toesies off though

I have to say, though, I dont think the reversed call on the touchdown should have been reversed. I think his knee was down before the ball crossed the plane, and I still think they should have taken the three points there.

I thought question wasn't about his knee but if he was touched by that point

Did you see Anthony Collins out wide at WR stance on that Hawkins screen, how sweet was that. He destroyed the colts player.

No, missed that. I did see him completely wiff on that screen his DE nearly intercepted. He needed to hold the guy up for just a second but was too eager to get downfield to block. So some good, some to work on. But overall I thought he had a good game. Oline definitely better with him at LT and Whit at LG.

....but I'd rather get a call like that in a game where it'd make a difference, where the score was closer and the outcome less well in hand

seems like we dont get those calls in those cases

yep, 99 out of 100 times that call goes against us.

Joe Reedy ‏@joereedy 6m

The last Bengals player to be honored Player of Week or Month three times in a season was David Fulcher in 1989

Joe Reedy ‏@joereedy 8m

#Bengals QB Andy Dalton named AFC Offensive Player of the Week for the second time this season. He was also Player of the Month in October

Worst. QB. Evah. :lmao:

Oh, and the NFL admits the obvious, that BJGE TD wasn't a TD.

/>http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/eye-on-football/24371642/nfl-officials-wrongly-awarded-bengals-a-td-vs-colts

Gee, I feel bad now! The Bengals finally get a break! After all the things go against them this year, many of them in that Miami game. Bringing back Jones touchdown for Gresham's holding call that wasn't a hold for example. So many pass interference calls that were no calls against the Bengals, and so on!!

I didn't think it was a TD either when watching the replay at the stadium, but I don't think it really impacted the game overall.

There is simply no way to determine the effect that would have had or how things would have turned out.

Maybe the Colts got the ball back and we sack Luck for a safety and then return the kickoff for another TD.

Who knows ?? I'll just be happy with the outcome and the Bengals "W".

Next...

Harrison actually took several snaps at DT late in the game...mostly during the "move it all you want as long as you use up lots of clock" defensive phase of the game

I think I heard that he's been doing that some in passing situations during games since Gino went down.

Did you see Anthony Collins out wide at WR stance on that Hawkins screen, how sweet was that. He destroyed the colts player.

I saw that too. I didn't hear them announce him but I was stunned to see him out there. That's some crazy s**t there by Gruden.

If anything it gives the opposing D-coordinator more to worry about and plan for.