I just did my first Yahoo draft!

BengalszoneBilly

First off...thanks Smizzy for the PM to let me know to get my butt to Yahoo Draft Central! Once things got rolling it went quick!! I hope to kick some butt in this N.Y. Jets fans league. :player:

I will say for our upcoming Bengalszone drafts, this is laid out so simply that if you're a "newbie" like me, don't worry. It flows well!!

Well, do tell, post your roster and let us disect it!

Okay 'Brew man...but please be gentle. Remember I broke my fantasy draft cherry with this draft. Here they are:

QB: Carson Palmer

QB: Mark Bulger

WR:Chad Johnson

WR: Dennis Northcut

WR: Duante Hall

RB: Corey Dillon

RB: Rudi Johnson

TE: Kellen Winslow

QB: Tom Brady

WR: Kelly Washington

QB: Jake Delhomme

WR: Ricky Proehl

WR: Jerry Rice

K: Jason Elam

K: Shayne Graham

Def: Cincinnati

Def: Chicago

u went way too heavy with cincy...never go heavy for 1 team its a huge downfall. if they lose, u lose. Most u wanna have on a team is mb 2-3 ppl.

Ur defense is weak, wr is weak besides cj...will be tough for u to make the playoffs...i like how u got dillon and rudi though :)

u went way too heavy with cincy...never go heavy for 1 team its a huge downfall. if they lose, u lose. Most u wanna have on a team is mb 2-3 ppl.

Ur defense is weak, wr is weak besides cj...will be tough for u to make the playoffs...i like how u got dillon and rudi though :)

Thanks for the constructive criticism jditty. Anyone else care to comment here? I could use all the advise I can get for our Bengalszone draft tomarrow.

oh and why do you have 2 kickers and only 2 running backs?????

oh and when cincy's on a bye week u gonna be screwed :(

heres what ive learned in my years of doing fantasy football. Get ur RB's first. If u have 2 strong backs u have a very good shot at the playoffs. Have depth at QB/WR/RB but dont care too much about depth elsewhere. U will need those benchspots to make moves during the season.

Oh and i have my major fantasy draft tonight at 8pm pst. $100 buy-in, 10 ppl, $600 first place. Ill let u know what i get after it....man i hope i get a good team :)

oh and why do you have 2 kickers and only 2 running backs?????

oh and when cincy's on a bye week u gonna be screwed :(

heres what ive learned in my years of doing fantasy football.  Get ur RB's first.  If u have 2 strong backs u have a very good shot at the playoffs.  Have depth at QB/WR/RB but dont care too much about depth elsewhere.  U will need those benchspots to make moves during the season.

Oh and i have my major fantasy draft tonight at 8pm pst.  $100 buy-in, 10 ppl, $600 first place.  Ill let u know what i get after it....man i hope i get a good team :)

Thanks again jditty! So I should fill positions in something close to this order? :blink: :

RB: 5 apiece

WR: 5 apiece

QB: 5 apiece

TE: 4 apiece

K: 3 apiece

DEF: 3 apiece

Thanks again jditty! So I should fill positions in something close to this order? :blink: :

what?? thats way too many ppl on a fantasy team...or am i reading that wrong....

Thanks again jditty! So I should fill positions in something close to this order?  :blink: :

what?? thats way too many ppl on a fantasy team...or am i reading that wrong....

Oops, you're right. We picked 18 players/positions in the Jets league.

No! The rest of the league does hope you pick the same way! 'Cause you'll be the League Doormat.....Just print Bengalszone on your forehead! And lie down for the rest of the league 'cause that's what you team will be doing! Bro' ....we'll talk today for some Fantasy talk. (Not the kind of "Fantasy" that you're usually into though) The breakdown should usually go like this....16 players drafted in our Bengalszone2 league and we start 4 WR's so keep that in mind.

2 to 3 QBs

3 to 4 RBs

5 to 6 WRs

1 to 2 TEs

1 to 2 Ks

1 to 2 Ds

You can always pick up a TE, K or D for their bye week if you are solid at those positions.

well i did my draft for money and i did ok/good.

3rd pick in draft

QB's - Brady, Garcia

RB's - A. Green, R. Johnson, C. Brown

WR - S. Moss, Coles, R. Smith, Lelie

TE - B. Williams, Witten

K - Akers

Def - NE, NO

in our league we can only have 3 rb's on our roster but the other bench spots can move around after the draft...but we had to draft 2 te, 2 def, 2 qb, 4 wr....im dropping witten and NO def for sure. Gonna try to get K. Johnson from balt for some more depth at WR. My team is solid but not great, we'll see how it translates in games.

No! The rest of the league does hope you pick the same way! 'Cause you'll be the League Doormat.....Just print Bengalszone on your forehead! And lie down for the rest of the league 'cause that's what you team will be doing! Bro' ....we'll talk today for some Fantasy talk. (Not the kind of "Fantasy" that you're usually into though) The breakdown should usually go like this....16 players drafted in our Bengalszone2 league and we start 4 WR's so keep that in mind.

2 to 3 QBs

3 to 4 RBs

5 to 6 WRs

1 to 2 TEs

1 to 2 Ks

1 to 2 Ds

You can always pick up a TE, K or D for their bye week if you are solid at those positions.

Well I'm learning volumes today. I'm so glad I posted my first draft and let you guys school me! I'm hardly watching my Nascar race due to taking notes and jotting them down on a legal pad.

I think I'm quite ready now. Good thing...the draft starts in about an hour!!

well i did my draft for money and i did ok/good.

3rd pick in draft

QB's - Brady, Garcia

RB's - A. Green, R. Johnson, C. Brown

WR - S. Moss, Coles, R. Smith, Lelie

TE - B. Williams, Witten

K - Akers

Def - NE, NO

Jditty, your two picks of Garcia and Witten I no comprende, but the rest look solid. Good luck in your quest for $600!

Okay 'Brew man...but please be gentle. Remember I broke my fantasy draft cherry with this draft. Here they are:

Okay...here's my 2nd draft from Bengalszone 2 League. Have I improved at all? :blink: :

QB: B. Favre; GB

WR: K. Johnson; Dal

WR: K. McCardell; TB

WR: D. Branch; NE

RB: J. Lewis; Bal

RB: C. Dillon; NE

TE: K. Winslow; TB

RB: C. Martin; NYJ

QB: S. McNair; Ten

WR: J. Rice; Oak

TE: M. Shoebel; Cin

K: J. Kasay; Car

K: S. Graham; Cin

Def: New York Giants

Okay...here's my 2nd draft from Bengalszone 2 League. Have I improved at all? :blink: :

QB: B. Favre; GB

WR: K. Johnson; Dal

WR: K. McCardell; TB

WR: D. Branch; NE

RB: J. Lewis; Bal

RB: C. Dillon; NE

TE: K. Winslow; TB

RB: C. Martin; NYJ

QB: S. McNair; Ten

WR: J. Rice; Oak

TE: M. Shoebel; Cin

K: J. Kasay; Car

K: S. Graham; Cin

Def: New York Giants

Team One....

Bengal heavy, when the boys play well, so does your team. Bye weeks are problems, might want to try and make a trade. The recievers are weak after Chad, Dante Hall isnt worth a roster spot unless you get points for return yardage. Other than that, not bad. I would start Bulger unless Carson starts blowing up or has a favorable matchup, (CLeveland)......

Team Two.....

Learning fast now are ya? I like McNair and Favre, but I doubt you need them both, might be worth trading one and adding a lesser QB, unless you start two of course. Once again, recievers are very weak, less than team one in my opinion. Good backfield though, should produce.

Good luck, hope this helps a bit!