2014 Coaching Carousel Starts Spinning

HoosierCat

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Lovie gets the Tampa job.

This is good for us since Tampa was a very possible Gruden hire

The ones that make me extra nervous tho are the ones where Zimmer is targeted - Vikes, Skins, and Lions

I think the Lions job would be the best fit for Zimmer. He has the personality to elevate the expectations and overall play of that group. The other two places may be too much of a rebuild.

Schwartz to Cleveland as DC. Browns interested in Malzahn. Probably rules Zimmer out of they've already named a DC.

Thats really, really odd.

I'd think an incoming Head Coach would want to pick his own DC rather than have the organization already have gotten one for him

I think Cleveland is hamstringing itself yet again by doing this - guessing most HC candidates would be offput by having their DC selected for them w/o their input if not complete control

Mind you, I am not saying JS wouldn't make a good DC - I have no idea if he will or not

http://www.cleveland.com/browns/index.ssf/2014/01/cleveland_browns_interested_in.html

CLEVELAND, Ohio - The Browns are very interested in Auburn coach Gus Malzahn and Vanderbilt coach James Franklin for their head coaching vacancy, and are expected to hire fired Lions coach Jim Schwartz as defensive coordinator, league sources have told CBS Sports' Jason LaCanfora.

Well, this would leave me a little concerned as a Browns fan.

They have basically hired a DC who has time as an NFL head coach and have him forced upon a college coach being brought up to the NFL.

That just doesn't sound like the way to go about doing things regardless of what you think of the guy you are bringing up.

lol...McDaniels pulls his name from consideration in Cleveland.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2014/01/08/report-mcdaniels-withdraws-name-from-cleveland-search/

Poor Browns fans, Told by epic fail as a head coach Josh McDaniels, "you're organization just isn't good enough for me."

Something like 7 of Haslem's underlings have plead guilty to federal fraud charges. I wonder what type of deal the government is offering them? I wonder if Jimmy Haslem is wondering? He should be, because it looks to me like the feds are lining up the convicted but yet to be sentenced witness list against Haslem.

Us - Whaa! We make the playoffs every year!

Browns - Our owner is headed to the Federal Courthouse, our team sucks every year, and main industry has changed from steel to abducting and imprisoning women in our basements.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/0ap2000000306538/article/nfl-head-coach-tracker

If things don't go well for Zim in Tennessee or Minnesota I hope he comes back here and doesn't take the Cleveland job. I know they said that anyone that interviewed last year is not under consideration this year but that could change as their legal issues play out. I would hate to have him in our division and wouldn't want to see him fail because of that management group.

Things no one wants to be: head coach of the Cleveland Browns. From the twitter:

Cardinals DC Todd Bowles has told the Browns to withdraw his name from their list of HC candidates, source tells @FOXSports1

Apparently, the Clowns are hot for Broncos OC Adam Gase. Yes, yes Cleveland, that's the ticket. Your next head coach should be a guy with ONE year of coordinator experience when his QB was Peyton Manning.