2014 Coaching Carousel Starts Spinning

HoosierCat

• Replies 96
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What the pair of jacks said +1

Volcom, only thing I can figure is that the Browns FO is trying to deflect blame for spending a lot of money on D and not getting an elite unit. The Browns lost several games in which the QB play wasn't bad. But that's just a guess. I think their only plan right now is finding a way not to get canned themselves.

D'Qwell, I will pick u up at the airport. Bring Mingo and Haden with you.

See if you can fit Joe Thomas and/or Alex Mack in the vehicle too

I've got a mini-van. Might be a tight fit but we'll make it work.

Still can't figure this one out. They've been saying how the Browns had remorse over hiring Chudzinski. Kept comparing his hiring to Chip Kelly and felt they had made a mistake. That makes me feel like they would probably not be interested in Zimmer but possibly Gruden. The Gruden's are from Sandusky, grew up Browns fans and Jay would probably be a good sell to the fans. As an owner I would be a little reluctant though. After three years I'm still not sure if we are successful because of Jay or in spite of Jay. He's done some great things but he is a bit too pass-happy for me.

in 1989 when Jimmy Johnson got hired in Dallas, they had a handful of extra draft picks, a new ownership group that was eager to win and he was very familiar with the college draft stock having recruited many of these guys a few years earlier in high school. This just sets up the same way. So I think they may end up going to the college ranks and starting all over and getting rid of all of Holmgren's players.

And now, in the Category of "How Does This Doofus Still Have a Job?" I present this story lead, NOT from the Onion:

PITTSBURGH -- A news conference ostensibly held to review the season turned into coach Mike Tomlin telling reporters several times that he has yet to review the Steelers’ season.

1388436902' post='409381']

And now, in the Category of "How Does This Doofus Still Have a Job?" I present this story lead, NOT from the Onion:

PITTSBURGH -- A news conference ostensibly held to review the season turned into coach Mike Tomlin telling reporters several times that he has yet to review the Steelers' season.

He's just a little boy in a great big world.

Missed the playoffs two years in a row and here I thought they always did things the right way.

Were going to the playoffs next year... :crybaby:/>

"With the 4th pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the Cleveland Browns select, Archie Manning's Sperm."

Well back to the bottom we go for the next 6 years at least.

I love my Browns!!

Not to be mean, but back to the bottom does not really fit your statement. Seems like just last week that the Browns were going to beat the Bengals at PBS and take the division.

I still think with a few key pieces the Browns could overtake the Stealers next year.

1388500347' post='409450']
1388456485' post='409424']

Were going to the playoffs next year... crybaby.gif/>

"With the 4th pick in the 2014 NFL draft, the Cleveland Browns select, Archie Manning's Sperm."

Well back to the bottom we go for the next 6 years at least.

I love my Browns!!

Not to be mean, but back to the bottom does not really fit your statement. Seems like just last week that the Browns were going to beat the Bengals at PBS and take the division.

I still think with a few key pieces the Browns could overtake the Stealers next year.

I also think they were close. Their defense can be dominating. Joe Haden is one of a kind.

Steelers have finished third in the AFCN two years in a row. I think Cleveland can overtake them if they get some stability at QB.

The Browns have some very nice key pieces

They have a good QB - Hoyer will heal, after all

They have a Good LT

They have a Good Center

They have a very good TE

They have a absolute STAR #1 wideout, though his antics resemble somewhat a certain star wideout here a few years back

They have a good NT

They have a good pass rusher or two

They have an great cornerback

They have a very good safety

I think Mingo is going to be good, just needs some more time in the system

Plus they have an extra 1st round pick (albeit a fairly late one) this year

And I am sure I am missing a few players in this list, since I dont follow the Browns closely, but you get the point.....there is a kernel of a good team in place

I've been surprised at the Browns' lack of success for the past two seasons. And even with the instability at QB they were in a lot of games this year that just slipped away late. I don't think they need many pieces, but at the same time if I were a Browns fan this latest episode would shake my faith in the front office to the core.

I will admit to feeling bad for the Browns fans when looking at how this has transpired as well.

It just sucks when you see an organization as f*cked up as they appear to be and watch the fans have to deal.

Good luck with buying into the next coach making a big impact and having the backing of the front office.

On a side note, I have to agree that it wasn't long ago when they had an "elite" QB and were getting ready to stomp the Bengals.

Reality is a real bitch sometimes.

I think they have a lot of nice pieces in place, but an even bigger concern as a fan that recognizes that is:

Why would they want to stay there ?? I would be concerned with them leaving.

I would have no issue taking a handful of them off their hands could we afford to do so.

Alex Mack would be right up there near the top.

I will admit to feeling bad for the Browns fans when looking at how this has transpired as well.

It just sucks when you see an organization as f*cked up as they appear to be and watch the fans have to deal.

Good luck with buying into the next coach making a big impact and having the backing of the front office.

On a side note, I have to agree that it wasn't long ago when they had an "elite" QB and were getting ready to stomp the Bengals.

Reality is a real bitch sometimes.

I think they have a lot of nice pieces in place, but an even bigger concern as a fan that recognizes that is:

Why would they want to stay there ?? I would be concerned with them leaving.

I would have no issue taking a handful of them off their hands could we afford to do so.

Alex Mack would be right up there near the top.

Don't know if he is a FA, but Haden would top my list.