Bengals @ Ravens Game Thread

HoosierCat

I’m watching the Sunday night game and just wondering why our Bengals can’t play like these Saints. They have a QB that’s barely 6 foot, stands on his toes to throw and is extremely accurate! They’re up 21-10 and get the ball with 52 seconds left in the half and what do they do? They use great time management, drive down the field, use their timeouts wisely and score a TD before half!! What do we do in the same situation, take our time, don't use times outs and settle with the current score..

As far as the run game, they run the Law Firm up the middle on most 1st downs and end up getting very little to nothing. On 2nd and long, we do something crazy and end up with third and long. Another thing I see us doing is instead of focusing on getting the 1st down, we seem to try to go deep and usually miss. We were 5 of 19 on third downs today. How can we be so inconsistent? One game we score 50 + points and the next two, we can barely move the ball.

What's bad is our injuries are on the defensive side of the ball, yet they seem to play their butts off and keep us in games. The offense has tons of weapons bu we have no idea how or when to use them.

I say, promote Marvin to GM, promote Zim to HC, get rid of Gruden and see where that takes us!

Look no further than the o-line. How often did you see the pocket collapsing in front of Drew Brees? 6 ft QBs have to have a clean pocket.

I think it was a mistake for Whit to try to play today. He was awful. Collins would have been a better bet

When Dalton threw that pick at the end of the 4th quarter I stopped being a supporter and became indifferent to him. He`s going to have to win me back.

That's just the thing with Dalton, he will string togther a few awesome games then come back to the guy everybody hates the next couple games. I have no idea why, but I just wish he was more consistant. Even if they do make the playoffs what Dalton will we get? I've been a big fan of his, but this is starting to get annoying, he has been hard to watch, the whole offense has been hard to watch!

The O-line is as inconsistent as Dalton is. Cook and Boling got abused yesterday and if the Bengals want to beat Baltimore in December they better figure out how to get past the Ngata-Cook matchup because it is KILLING THEM.

All that being said. The Bengals take the next 3 in a row. 9-4 heading into Pittsburgh.

• Like 1

I'm firmly of the mind that this team carries on to get the AFCN title. I think they can beat any NFL team, if the D continues to play elite level ball and Dalton can simply be slightly above average.

Setting Dalton aside here, I'm not sure what we saw yesterday was elite level play from the D. In particular the secondary got roasted. On that first series where Nelson got called for PI, he bit so hard on the play fake that his lip is still bleeding. That left him no choice but to pursue madly, waving his arms blindly. If Flacco doesn't underthrow the ball it's a TD, as it is the receiver has to slow and Reggie runs right into him. A couple plays later Newman could have been called for PI in the end zone. Pacman should have been called late in the game. Crocker had multiple fouls and bad plays.

I thought the line got decent pressure sans Geno, but they struggled to actually get Flacco down and he made plays when flushed. Rey had a good game but Burfict's emotions got the best of him one too many times. They did a good job versus the run but based on what I saw yesterday a top-end QB will eat our DBs for lunch.

I'm firmly of the mind that this team carries on to get the AFCN title. I think they can beat any NFL team, if the D continues to play elite level ball and Dalton can simply be slightly above average.

Setting Dalton aside here, I'm not sure what we saw yesterday was elite level play from the D. In particular the secondary got roasted. On that first series where Nelson got called for PI, he bit so hard on the play fake that his lip is still bleeding. That left him no choice but to pursue madly, waving his arms blindly. If Flacco doesn't underthrow the ball it's a TD, as it is the receiver has to slow and Reggie runs right into him. A couple plays later Newman could have been called for PI in the end zone. Pacman should have been called late in the game. Crocker had multiple fouls and bad plays.

I thought the line got decent pressure sans Geno, but they struggled to actually get Flacco down and he made plays when flushed. Rey had a good game but Burfict's emotions got the best of him one too many times. They did a good job versus the run but based on what I saw yesterday a top-end QB will eat our DBs for lunch.

I am one who thinks Flacco is pretty good. And the D got him handled as good as could be hoped.

I think we can view the issues with Dalton almost the same way. Was it the Ravens D was good, or was it Dalton just showing poor touch/accuracy? Just depends on how its viewed.

How we handled Brady, Rogers, and Benji tell me this D can handle a big gun QB. How they line up v Luck and Rivers will be a good barometer.