silver lining??

essexjohnson

The injuries suck last night sucked, but We are 6-3 in first place. 4-3 surely wins division at 10-6 if we have to lose these guys better now than with a game or 2 left in season. This team will fight every week. Top seeds cruising at the end of the year don't usually go too deep in playoffs. It gives the young guys battle tested experience. We should get are guys rehabbed by the beginning of next season. You can bash Marvin all you want, but have never seen him lose a locker room. You can bash Dalton all you want, but the kid is a fighter. Hawkins back will win us at least one game somewhere. More home than away games left. This still could be a special season. I foresee a lot of nail bitters. That holding call against Gresh last night still has me fuming terrible game changing call.

There is plenty of silver lining.

Now is the time to see EXACTLY what we have in Brandon Thompson and something tells me we will be happy.

Devon Still won't be more than another week and will get time as well.

The injury bug has hit one side of the field and the problems we saw last night on offense aren't the norm.

I still don't it will take this team much to make the playoffs.

If the "next man up" theory turns up roses, our playoff push might not be lost.

7 games remaining with a bye week thrown in there.

Turn that frown upside down bitches.

i love optimism

What's another option ??

I will admit to not wanting to watch anything football related at the moment, but that will change come next Sunday.

I compare it to the draft.

I might be looking forward to the draft (as usual) and then see them draft players I don't care for.

I get angry, but then go in search of reasons why they selected the player they did.

Before you know it, you are feeling optimistic about the chances of that player making a big impact.

Shawn Williams was that guy for me this draft.

In regards to the optimism for the remainder of the season, i'd simply rather not be depressed.

So true Army, before the game I was watching or listening to all things football, and after the game I have not watched, or listened to anything football lol. It amazing how much love the bengals get when they are winning, but as soon as they lose, the media makes them out to be the worst team, I'm just not in the mood to listen.

I woke up before the kids this morning, which never happens, and when flipping through the channels NFL live was about to come on.

Normally I would sit and watch for the whole hour just to catch the 30 seconds of Bengal related talk. Not today.

I watched HGTV instead.

I'm pretty sure my man card could be in jeopardy with that comment, but I just didn't want to hear about how the Bengals are going to struggle without Geno.

I woke up before the kids this morning, which never happens, and when flipping through the channels NFL live was about to come on.

Normally I would sit and watch for the whole hour just to catch the 30 seconds of Bengal related talk. Not today.

I watched HGTV instead.

I'm pretty sure my man card could be in jeopardy with that comment, but I just didn't want to hear about how the Bengals are going to struggle without Geno.

Depends on what you watched lol. I like to watch where they flip houses and stuff on that .

Same here I'm just not in the mood right now, will see where I'm at next weekend. Ill watch the games tomorrow, but that's about it.

I'll watch the games tomorrow, but that's about it.

Surely the Baltimore @ Cleveland game is the game to watch - purely from a Bengals-related--interest point of view

It will likely come down to the two games against Baltimore. Sweep the Ravens and they are all but in. Split the games and they hold serve. Lose both and they are in trouble.

OK, as weird at it seems, Cleveland may end up being our biggest competition.

The Steelers are horrible.

Beat the ravens this weekend, come back and beat the Browns, and I think they pretty much got this division

This year has fallen perfect for the bengals to win this division, I just hope they don't screw this up. Hopefully the injuries are not going to slow them down to much. Hopefully Dalton has some more great games in him, and dosnt fall into a funk like he did last year.

As a Bengal fan, you gotta love the Browns beating the Ravens. It's all pretty much in our own hands now. Win the next two weeks and we cruise into the bye. If we don't pile up some wins vs the AFC Central then we're not very good. I think we're very good this yr. I think we're good enough to whether these injuries. We'll find out next week

Browns are tough without Weeden not a good draft pick, how weird(cool) would it be to see Baltimore and Sqeelerz at the bottom, as long as we are on top of Browns of course. We will have some tape on Campbell a luxury we didn't have with Hoyer If Colts loose tonight things are looking even better no telling how this year will play out? We still have it in our grasp Let's take it

I think we are like the #4 seed now.

NE, KC, Denver, and then us I believe.

A lot can change between here and the end of the season.

Between KC and Denver, only one of them will take a first thru 4th seed. The other will be a 5 (or far less likely, a 6).

It will really suck being 4th seed this year - you will almost certainly play one of these two teams

Indy will almost certainly take one of the top 4 seeds

Curses upon the Stealers and the Texans for not helping us this weekend with the whole seeding thing

• 1 month later...

There is plenty of silver lining.

Now is the time to see EXACTLY what we have in Brandon Thompson and something tells me we will be happy.

Score one for Army.

/>http://www.nfl.com/videos/nfl-network-playbook/0ap2000000297746/Tools-for-Victory-Brandon-Thompson

I've met more Bengals players since my years back in Cincinnati, than I thought I would and Brandon Thompson was just one of those guys that just had a presence about him. No nonsense and an attitude that gave you the impression that he was going to do well when he had his shot.

I'm really happy to see him doing well with his shot. When Peko's time is up, it should make things less of a concern for the fans.