Bengals @ Bills Game Thread

HoosierCat

have to say gruden and zimmer called a much better overtime than 4th quarter

That's an understatement and a half. Yeesh, what crappy calls in the 4th. I was thinking the Ghost of Brat was calling both sides of the ball for us.

There's not much you can call when you're in a hostile stadium and you're inside your own 5

• Replies 367
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well, the defense did have a big goal line stand, too, so it wasn't all bad. But yeah, giving up 24 to a journeyman QB with one prior career start in three years is not the mark of an elite defense. I only got to actually watch the OT period but it certainly didn't sound like they got a lot of pressure early, and allowing that early TD just gave the Bills confidence. The TD pass on 4th and 8 can't happen. Of course, it did. Bills also seemed to convert third downs as easy as pie. Not being able to get off the field has been a problem all year, as has letting teams out of big down and distance holes.

On offense I can't complain a lot. They actually executed a couple screens, got yards off a reverse, had a good mix of run and pass and generally got the ball into the hands of their playmakers and let them make plays. Crazy, huh? The INT was stupid of Andy but I maintain in that situation it was dumb to call a pass too. Alex Smith owes Brandon Tate a five star dinner because he saved him from being the guy who lost the game.

[quote The last passing touchdown Dalton had? The receiver stepped out of bounds, came back in just in time to catch the ball. No flag.

Is Kirkpatrick hurt again?

Per yesterday's play by play feed he was, but it didn't see it and haven't seen any mention of it in post game write ups. Dre only played 9 snaps on D.

More concerning is that Newman hurt his hip. He came back into the game so hopefully it's not a big deal.

Explain to me how the bengals defense can hold Super Bowl QBs to a 60 some QBR, but the QBs we don't even know about get 100 some QB rating? I just don't understand it. This team could be really if they grow up, and learn to be consistant. How about play a full game, instead of letting teams back in it all the time. It's like this every year, so I guess it's just who they are.

Per yesterday's play by play feed he was, but it didn't see it and haven't seen any mention of it in post game write ups. Dre only played 9 snaps on D.

More concerning is that Newman hurt his hip. He came back into the game so hopefully it's not a big deal.

Yeah and promptly got toasted for the tieing score :(

I'll take it. A win on the road in the NFL is something you take anytime you can get it. Overcoming 3 personal fouls on defense, a bad pick, a total 4th quarter defensive collapse, and a missed field goal in the 2nd half, is something to be very encouraged by. That was a quality win in this league, good teams win those games and we won one. I'm thrilled.

Yeah and promptly got toasted for the tieing score :(/>

Kirkpatrick can't be very hurt 'cause he was running down the field stride for stride with Tate on that punt return in OT and even threw a nice block there at the end.

As for Newman, he must be OK 'cause I've heard no mention of the hip as the reason he gave up that long TD pass that tied the game

• 2 weeks later...
Paul Dehner Jr. ‏@pauldehnerjr 3h

Vontaze Burfict said the NFL sent a letter admitting the referees shouldn't have called his personal fouls vs. Buffalo. #Bengals

Well gee, thank you very much, NFL. :rolleyes: Only cost us 30 yards, 10 points, helped force OT...good job refs.

Paul Dehner Jr. ‏@pauldehnerjr 3h

Vontaze Burfict said the NFL sent a letter admitting the referees shouldn't have called his personal fouls vs. Buffalo. #Bengals

Well gee, thank you very much, NFL. :rolleyes:/> Only cost us 30 yards, 10 points, helped force OT...good job refs.

In all fairness, the refs sucked for the Bills too. Pacman had a pretty obvious no-call on interference and the personal foul they got when that guy yelled at Gio for the peel-back block was pretty bulls**t too. It was one of those games where the refs screwed both teams pretty evenly, I think.