Patriots @ Bengals game thread

Stripes

The poor timing with penalties is brutal and was no different than in the Chicago game with Kirkpatrick and Maualuga.

That being said, this week they overcame the stupidity. I would rather that not be the case, but I will take the win over the Pats any day.

Gio's fumble was simply a well placed hat on the ball. He had it tucked away and wasn't being reckless with it by any stretch.

Same thing when Dunlap forced that fumble. Well placed punch landing right where it was supposed to. It happens.

Dalton's INT was his first redzone INT of his career, but good God almighty.

If that wasn't the worst throw of his professional career, I don't know.

Gio fumble was right when it started raining hard. Looked like the ball slipped out from water, hit wasn't super hard.

I'm sure the rain didn't help matters, but the point I was attempting to make was that I don't really blame Gio for that fumble.

It was just a nice tackle, where the defenders helmet happened to hit squarely on the ball, forcing it out.

I agree, I told my wife when it happened that the Bengals have been rather unlucky to have so many we'll placed helmets/etc so far this season. There just isn't anything to complain about when a defender does that. Hopefully the bad bounces and perfect hits will switch to the Bengals side of things for awhile now.

• Replies 292
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I agree this team could be really good, if they could stop beating themselves up. They need to take care of the ball much better,

I'm not sure what the turnover ratio is but it may be a misconception that we're coughing the ball up more than the other teams - ie, Packers game 4 takeaways + 4 turnovers created, Patriots 1 INT given + 1 INT taken.

I'm not saying that we don't need to take care of the ball, of course we do, and of course any improvement in the turnovers department would be a great benefit, I'm just wondering how we stack up League-wise in terms of turnovers +/-

@GapControl: great observations, thanks. I think I'm going to have to spring for game rewind.

Let me know what you think. I'm right on the verge of ordering it every season but still haven't pulled the trigger.

I agree this team could be really good, if they could stop beating themselves up. They need to take care of the ball much better,

I'm not sure what the turnover ratio is but it may be a misconception that we're coughing the ball up more than the other teams - ie, Packers game 4 takeaways + 4 turnovers created, Patriots 1 INT given + 1 INT taken.

I'm not saying that we don't need to take care of the ball, of course we do, and of course any improvement in the turnovers department would be a great benefit, I'm just wondering how we stack up League-wise in terms of turnovers +/-

@GapControl: great observations, thanks. I think I'm going to have to spring for game rewind.

Let me know what you think. I'm right on the verge of ordering it every season but still haven't pulled the trigger.

Can you watch the games live with the NFL.com package? I live in PA and only get to watch the games on crappy internet service? Im thinking of getting it as well

When I want to watch something in slow motion, I simply pause my DVR recording and then quickly keep hitting the forward button from there.

It's free. thumbsup3.gif

Works out great if you don't live in Nashville where all you see is the Titans week in and week out. dry.gif

Well, yeah, I sometimes forget we all don't live here.

Boy sometimes I feel getting old is creeping up sooner rather than later.

:gramps:

As I understand it no, you can't watch live but they put up the games within 24 hours. It's $30 for the just-your-team package. Wednesday is payday so I'll probably lay down the cash then.

Ok thanks. So does that mean you will be waiting 24 hours to watch the games then? I wish you could watch it live, but I still might put the money out to get it.

I thought Strips in Suffolk had it, but maybe its something out. I remember he said he was paying for something to watch it, maybe he has the dish or something. Ill have to find out what he has.

Game Rewind does not offer live games.

NFL Game Pass offers live games AND rewind games. Obviously it's more expensive. I paid up this year though and it has been effing fantastic. You can't imagine how nice it is not to have to deal with s**tty illegal feeds every single week.

There are options to just watch your team or every single game (I chose the latter).

The only drawback IMO is that Game Pass operates on a little bit of a delay -- maybe a minute or so. So sometimes if you're watching the game and refreshing your game thread, you might see a play into the future. tongue.gif

oh ok so that's how you watch the game, well I guess its crappy internet service for me. So far this year it has been pretty good for me, but I was just hoping to find another way.

I don't need the live audio because I have sirus so I listen to the live game while watching it, I cant stand the broadcast teams.

Well I think I might still end up doing the rewind, so I can catch things that I miss.

So Hoosier you still going to watch the game on Sunday or wait till it comes out on game rewind?

Yeah, game pass is only available outside the US. Best you can do here live is audio pass, which is like $15 for just your team.

WHAT?! Seriously? For once us being exiled to a small island in the Pacific has an advantage over being in the US? Unbelievable. GamePass is awesome. Might be worth trying https://www.tunnelbear.com/ and setting it to be the UK to get it. I assume it's free for the UK, it's free here in New Zealand.

Thanks kev, I'll have to see if it works with my antique mac laptop.

Back on the subject of the game, I ran across this little nugget I did not know today:

Tom Brady's record as a starter when the Patriots allowed 0-15 points before last Sunday: 72-0

Tom Brady's record as a starter when the Patriots allowed 0-15 points after last Sunday: 72-1

Yeah, the D is pretty good.

:cheers: