More pain in the secondary

TJJackson

Hall possibly out with a hamstring injury in an already too-thin secondary

Jeromy Miles was picked up off waivers by the Ravens

And who did they call? You guessed it, Crocker. His couch will miss him once again.

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Update-Crocker-to-work-out-Miles-claimed-CB-situation-cloudy/6aa29b39-c162-4f79-ad53-cf615bff2e05

• Replies 74
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hall possibly out with a hamstring injury in an already too-thin secondary

Jeromy Miles was picked up off waivers by the Ravens

And who did they call? You guessed it, Crocker. His couch will miss him once again.

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Update-Crocker-to-work-out-Miles-claimed-CB-situation-cloudy/6aa29b39-c162-4f79-ad53-cf615bff2e05

I'm ok with this move if it happens. He knows the defense, and he can play the slot if Hall is out. I'm all for this move, and it's a vet who can still help this defense.

You want pain? I'll show you pain. Jacoby Jones knows pain.

Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh confirmed a TMZ report that wide receiver Jacoby Jones, who is rehabbing from a knee injury, was involved in a brawl on a party bus early Monday morning and was hurt when he was hit over the head by a stripper wielding a champagne bottle.

/>http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9714106/jacoby-jones-baltimore-ravens-involved-incident-party-bus-john-harbaugh-confirms

(On a side note I am insanely jealous as a writer because that's a story lead you live to write.)

: lmao:

Baltimore Ravens coach John Harbaugh confirmed a TMZ report that wide receiver Jacoby Jones, who is rehabbing from a knee injury, was involved in a brawl on a party bus early Monday morning and was hurt when he was hit over the head by a stripper wielding a champagne bottle.

/>http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/9714106/jacoby-jones-baltimore-ravens-involved-incident-party-bus-john-harbaugh-confirms

There were other Ravens players on that bus - Jones was just the only one who was hurt

Maybe Agreen can enlighten us all, as I am sure he is dating at least 2 or 3 of the "ladies" on that bus

Don't get me wrong. When Crocker was brought back last year, he stabilized the secondary and played well.

I hope we can expect the same thing from him this year and we see the same type of results.

However, the way the Bengals have handled the safety position is ridiculous.

If the plan is going to the couch to find your replacement, the plan needs to be reevaluated.

Don't get me wrong. When Crocker was brought back last year, he stabilized the secondary and played well.

I hope we can expect the same thing from him this year and we see the same type of results.

If the plan is going to the couch to find your replacement, the plan needs to be reevaluated.

Safety? Why are we upset about safety? I haven't seen it as a problem this season. Iloka seems to be doing a fine job, and we all like Nelson. Hopefully Williams will continue to develop.

It's CB where we are possibly hurting. Literally and figuratively.

Safety? Why are we upset about safety? I haven't seen it as a problem this season. Iloka seems to be doing a fine job, and we all like Nelson. Hopefully Williams will continue to develop.

I simply hate the way the Bengals have handled the position.

Giving Crocker a ring doesn't change my thought process either.

I also agree that the CB spot is hurting.

I simply hate the way the Bengals have handled the position.

Giving Crocker a ring doesn't change my thought process either.

I also agree that the CB spot is hurting.

I just don't get the beef.

They traded to get Nelson, and then ponied up to pay the guy. So, they've got a 1st round safety talent on their team and they are paying him accordingly.

They drafted Williams in the 3rd round, which I still consider to be a high-pick. Time will tell, but the use of a 3rd round pick is a significant investment.

They drafted Iloka the year previously and have turned him into an effective starter.

I suppose the only argument is that they haven't used something higher than the 3rd round to get a safety in recent memory, but it's always a trade-off. If we take one in the first round this year, then we have no Eifert. If they take one in the 2nd round this year, then we have no Bernard or Hunt. I suppose you could argue a contributing safety would have been better than an inactive Hunt, but that argument only holds up if Hunt never develops. Time will tell.

And, perhaps they could have taken one in a high(er) spot the year before, but once again, who do you leave off? Zietler? No way. Kirkpatrick? Possibly, but then we still have issues at CB, especially with an aging Newman who can't play forever and a guy like Jones who is too thick-headed to stay out of trouble. You COULD make an argument about taking one over either Still or Thompson in 2012. However, there was only one safety taken in the 2nd round that year, Tavon Wilson by the Patriots. After having a productive rookie campaign (in limited time...only 4 starts), he is currently a 2nd stringer. Most NFL teams draft safeties late. This isn't something specific to Cincy. And, the fact that they got a starter in the 5th round is pretty awesome.

I get the argument of "who do you leave out" if you take a safety earlier, but that is the story "almost" every season.

Yes, taking one early would be a plus. No I didn't and still don't care for the Williams pick in the 3rd round.

I think Williams was overdrafted. For all the talk of him being a motivating force who's really intelligent, we call Crocker.

The Bengals have a minor league, they play all of their games from a couch at home.

I'm not saying Iloka hasn't been serviceable, but he's just that, nothing more.

That hit on Finley, knocking him out of the game, should have been a penalty for a shot to the head and changed the game.

The Bengals have been content with nothing more for long enough.

I remain hopeful about the position though.

I get the argument of "who do you leave out" if you take a safety earlier, but that is the story "almost" every season.

Yes, taking one early would be a plus. No I didn't and still don't care for the Williams pick in the 3rd round.

I think Williams was overdrafted. For all the talk of him being a motivating force who's really intelligent, we call Crocker.

The Bengals have a minor league, they play all of their games from a couch at home.

I'm not saying Iloka hasn't been serviceable, but he's just that, nothing more.

That hit on Finley, knocking him out of the game, should have been a penalty for a shot to the head and changed the game.

The Bengals have been content with nothing more for long enough.

I remain hopeful about the position though.

I dont agree, that shot was a result of Finley dropping his head into an oncoming defender. That in itself rules out a shot to the head of a defensless player. On replay you can also see that Iloka is trying to go for the ball, not hit him in the head. I watched that replay carfully, because when it happened I thought the same thing as you.

Look, i'm simply saying I want the Bengals to do more. That doesn't mean right now or even next month.

More like next draft. I don't like that Crocker is the best option.

It's not bitching, it's wanting more. Similar to saying I want more from our LB corps.

It's also another position I want them to address sooner rather than later next draft.

Maybe they haven't had a choice in the matter and I can acknowledge that, hence being content to wait.

I know why they went the route of drafting Hunt and I like him, but can't say that DJ Swearinger wouldn't have been a better option now.

He played both FS and SS in college and Marvin personally showed for his workouts.

Time will tell and I won't complain about the Hunt pick in the least.

Crocker helped turn this whole thing around a few years back. He speaks the language already, will be up to speed in Zim's scheme in no time. He's not at his physical peak, or he wouldn't be available 3 games in. As far as pulling a guy off the couch, his familiarity with the defense and his versatility make him about as good a player as you'll find.

Welcome back, Chris Crocker.

There were other Ravens players on that bus - Jones was just the only one who was hurt

Maybe Agreen can enlighten us all, as I am sure he is dating at least 2 or 3 of the "ladies" on that bus

I don't have any intel on the Ravens, I live in Cincinnati.