Bengals @ Bears Game Thread

HoosierCat

done done done. enjoy the win next week against pitt guys.

Hopefully, they don't think that's a gimme. This team is obviously nowhere near good enough to think that.

oh, nothing to do with a gimme, it has to do with the fact that this team always needs to be kicked in the teeth before it gets its act together. let the locker room screaming commence.

pitt is dead next week. bet the farm.

True.

Alos, the coaching staff needs to get their f**king heads out of their asses. Timeouts, clock management, play calling, under utilization of players. Stop being cute and get Bernard in the game more, etc, etc, etc.

Bernard's not in because he is not a very good pass protector, at least that's what I'm thinking. They need to stop stringing Green Ellis out though, he does not have the speed, just pound the ball with him

• Replies 383
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

done done done. enjoy the win next week against pitt guys.

Hopefully, they don't think that's a gimme. This team is obviously nowhere near good enough to think that.

oh, nothing to do with a gimme, it has to do with the fact that this team always needs to be kicked in the teeth before it gets its act together. let the locker room screaming commence.

pitt is dead next week. bet the farm.

True.

Alos, the coaching staff needs to get their f**king heads out of their asses. Timeouts, clock management, play calling, under utilization of players. Stop being cute and get Bernard in the game more, etc, etc, etc.

Bernard's not in because he is not a very good pass protector, at least that's what I'm thinking. They need to stop stringing Green Ellis out though, he does not have the speed, just pound the ball with him

They need to reconsider why they drafted him then. Because what I see is a game changing talent that has a potential of being greatly under used to save face with BJGE.

Bengals 0-1

Ravens 0-1

Steelers 0-1

Browns 0-1

Oddly enough, the weekend's AFCN winner is the Bengals, who were the only team to not lose to an AFC team.

Bring on the Steelers. bengal.gif

And the Bengals were the only ones that looked at all competent in a losing effort. The other three were all absolutely horrendous.

This was a frustrating f**king game, but it's only week one and we're tied for first place. Who cares? Clean it up and kick someone's ass next week. I hear it's a familiar opponent.

Would like to see better running game as well, what I saw today reminded me of the past couple years, not good enough.

Defense needs to get better next game as well.

Anybody who blames Dalton today should be smacked, I thought he had a good game.

Anothony Collins awesome game big guy, I really think he is one of the best OL on this team, and well he will back on the bench soon.

D-line has done crap today didnt even hear from Atkins all day

I was out at soccer all day so I did not get to see this one

I looked at the stats sheet and Atkins isnt even on it

No sacks against a line that was one of the more porous in the entire nfl last year?

The d-line - 3 of them with HUGE contracts this season - needs to stop reading the articles on how great they are and start playing at their pay grade

I'd say they lost this one on a combination of turnovers and the DLine not getting more pressure on Cutler

The silver lining, I suppose, is that even with playing so badly against a 2012 playoff team on the road, they still only lost by 3

And of course that all the other AFC North teams lost

Our d-line got blanked. Craziness...if the Bears o-line can keep that up, then they'll be in good shape.

Despite that, we still should have won the game. And, as much as the loss stings, this is a good sign. Hopefully Sanu bounces back strongly from this one.

Oh, and thank goodness Burfict wasn't seriously hurt. When he went down, I was ready to throw the towel in on this season. wacko.gif

Without having made a single post in this thread to this point, I was amazed at how many people thought they were trying to be "cute".

It was the exact thing I was talking about with the decision to keep Charles. How did he do today ?? Oh yeah.

Sanu with the costly fumble.

Kirkpatrick with the absolutely boneheaded penalty.

Rey with a bigger than boneheaded penalty.

Green, outside of the numbers, cost them twice today.

Coaching staff still looking like they have no idea how to utilize timeouts.

An eleven point lead in the 4th quarter and they get the loss.

Not the end of the season, but they need to pull their heads out.

Missed opportunity.

Without having made a single post in this thread to this point, I was amazed at how many people thought they were trying to be "cute".

It was the exact thing I was talking about with the decision to keep Charles. How did he do today ?? Oh yeah.

Sanu with the costly fumble.

Kirkpatrick with the absolutely boneheaded penalty.

Rey with a bigger than boneheaded penalty.

Green, outside of the numbers, cost them twice today.

Coaching staff still looking like they have no idea how to utilize timeouts.

An eleven point lead in the 4th quarter and they get the loss.

Not the end of the season, but they need to pull their heads out.

Missed opportunity.

Conner is still out there, after watching the running game today I wonder if they will give him a call?

I think the play of the D-Line is being overblown. Cutler was throwing a lot of quick passes all day to avoid the pressure from the D-Line. I can think of several instances of Dunlap being in the backfield wrecking havoc and Michael Johnson's pressure on Cutler resulted in Cutler rushing his throw and throwing a pick. Still and Thompson had pretty good games as well. Thompson got into the backfield for a good TFL and Still had a pass deflection at the line. Was it the D-Line's best performance? No, but Chicago's game plan was to get the ball out of Cutler's hand quick.

Bengals 0-1

Ravens 0-1

Steelers 0-1

Browns 0-1

Oddly enough, the weekend's AFCN winner is the Bengals, who were the only team to not lose to an AFC team.

Bring on the Steelers. :bengal:/>

In addition to that, no AFC team outside of Denver looked too good either

Anyone blaming Dalton is smoking something.

AJ should already know not to let a CB get position on him running an inside slant.

AJ also had his hands on the ball that bounced off them for the INT on a great pass.

Dalton's number would be absolutely awesome if not for mistakes of others and they were still very good even with the mistakes.

But hey, the QB always gets the blame.

AJ should already know not to let a CB get position on him running an inside slant.

AJ also had his hands on the ball that bounced off them for the INT on a great pass.

Dalton's number would be absolutely awesome if not for mistakes of others and they were still very good even with the mistakes.

He IS the QB. He did great in the 1st half, outside of the 1st INT, then missed two 3rd down throws where he locked-in on someone and didn't bother to explore any options late in the game, and stalled drives.

A bit of a collective choke/collapse. He made his share of mistakes too.

Oh please that was one of Dalton's best games he played. The O-line played great keeping him up right, and he was very decisive on where he was going with the ball. If AJ dosnt drop that one pass, and was in the right spot for the other his game would have been perfect. The second half he hardly had a shot, the defense couldn't get off the field, and when he did he didn't have any help, because his guys were fumbling the ball away. You can hate Dalton all you want, but you can not blame him at all for this loss.

He IS the QB. He did great in the 1st half, outside of the 1st INT, then missed two 3rd down throws where he locked-in on someone and didn't bother to explore any options late in the game, and stalled drives.

A bit of a collective choke/collapse. He made his share of mistakes too.

Share of mistakes ?? Sure, you can go around the roster to find shares of mistakes.

Ones that played a larger part of costing the game ?? No.

AJ Green, whom everyone can't seem to say enough about played a larger role that Dalton did.

I place both of the INT's on his shoulders. I love'em, but that's the truth.

Sanu ?? Game changing fumble. Kirkpatrick end of half stupidity ?? Game changing.

Maualuga ?? Denied the team one more shot. Game ending.

Dalton ?? Highest completion percentage of the week to this point and would have been higher.

Mistakes ?? Again, sure, but nothing that cost this team.

Where was the pass rush ?? Where was using Gio as we saw in the preseason ??

Where was the intelligence with using up all the timeouts ??

So he IS the QB, but those are hardly things to place upon his shoulders.

You choosing to do so is your choice, I would simply disagree.

Cut Charles and get Connor in here. Use a battering ram type running game and you have a better chance to protect a 4th quarter lead. Coaches fall in love with guys and can't stand to send them down the road. Kind of like how at the end of last season we were told no one really understood how good Ray was. Only the coaches have a sophisticated enough eye to recognize Ray's talent.

The Bears run D is pretty good, folks. Gio played well, Army, so I'm not sure what you're talking about there. He just didn't get a lot of touches.

I agree with others that Dalton looked pretty fantastic. Green hurt us twice, but he more than made up for it.

Just a lot of silly stuff that can be corrected. Can't wait to watch the Steelers game next week...

Gio played well, Army, so I'm not sure what you're talking about there. He just didn't get a lot of touches.

You hit it, the touches. He looked good when given the chances, he just wasn't given as many as he should be getting.

He's a threat with the ball in his hand. BJGE ?? Not so much.

I have no issue pounding the short yardage stuff with BJGE, but how many swing plays to BJGE do we have to witness for no gain ??

You want to run a swing play where the RB beats people in space ?? Give those to Gio.