Geno Atkins extended

volcom69

EXACTLY what should have happened.

The Bengals make one of their best players one of the highest paid at his position, the player feels recognized and doesn't have to worry about injury this season, and the fans feel that their team (who had money to spend) did the things they said they would to ensure they field a competitive team.

Happy for the fans, happy for Geno, and the front office did a great job !!!

Now lets go kick some ass Geno !!!

EXACTLY what should have happened.

The Bengals make one of their best players one of the highest paid at his position, the player feels recognized and doesn't have to worry about injury this season, and the fans feel that their team (who had money to spend) did the things they said they would to ensure they field a competitive team.

Happy for the fans, happy for Geno, and the front office did a great job !!!

Now lets go kick some ass Geno !!!

Yup. You are going to read a lot about this deal in the next few days and justifiably so. I don't think it's importance can be understated. Prior to the last few weeks, the Bengals had only done two deals of $40 million or more. And they had done just one deal of more than $40 million total and more than $10 million/year average.

Now, with extensions for Dunlap and Atkins, they have doubled the number of $40 million-plus contracts in team history and done their second-largest deal ever to boot.

For me, this is the strongest evidence to date that the talk of Mike Brown stepping back and Katie taking the reins is finally for real.

Win win. Bengals get stud d lineman at a reasonable price, Geno gets out of his rookie deal and gets paid a year early. Stay healthy Geno!

My opinion - unlike a lot, probably the majority, of players who take their foot off the gas as soon as they get their big payday, Geno won't slow down. I think he'll be the same player. That's one reason it made so much sense to pay him.

Geno is a pro and likes the fact that he's look upon as a leader.

No, no concerns about him taking his foot off the gas.

He doesn't strike me as that player that wants to play another 6 seasons without winning a Super Bowl.

I really give a ton of credit to the front office for getting this done.

Talk of anything other than that is just baseless and silly.

Look at the money they have spent between Geno, Dunlap and MJ this offseason.

WOW !!!

Thank you Mike brown for getting it done,Thank you Geno for not braking the Bank so we can keep more Guys.

So Excited cannot hide it :D So not only are we better drafting team but our Front Office is acting like a real front office...Getting Geno done for awesome deal,Front Loading Carlos Contract to help in future with AJ's & Daltons...Is this what we've been waiting for our the days of Katie finally upon us and its a good thing?

So I was browsing some Bears forums today and came across this thread:

/>http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/38524-Melton-deal-to-follow-suit-of-Geno-Atkins-deal

Now, I have no idea if Melton deserves "Atkins money" or not...but just roll that phrase around on your tongue for a minute. "Atkins money." Savor the knowledge that other teams' fans are using a Bengals deal as a benchmark.

"Atkins money." Gawd it's nice to be a fan of a real team just for once, isn't it?

So I was browsing some Bears forums today and came across this thread:

/>http://www.chicitysports.com/forum/showthread.php/38524-Melton-deal-to-follow-suit-of-Geno-Atkins-deal

Now, I have no idea if Melton deserves "Atkins money" or not...but just roll that phrase around on your tongue for a minute. "Atkins money." Savor the knowledge that other teams' fans are using a Bengals deal as a benchmark.

"Atkins money." Gawd it's nice to be a fan of a real team just for once, isn't it?

Other Defensive Tackles are gonna hate the term Atkins money,Lion fans are probably gonna hate it because I see Suh Wanting Ngata or Hawynesworth money instead of Atkins ^.^

PS,I was thinking it was gonna take 65-75 Million in all honesty o.O