53 Man Roster as is.

Kazkal

I didn't want to start a whole thread for one random thought that jumped in my head, so here you go.

With all the problems the Ravens are currently having at WR, any worries about them grabbing Cobi off the practice squad ??

I tend not to worry all that much about practice squad guys, but I wouldn't like that scenario in the least.

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Like I said I can see someone going after him later on. But at this point in he year it makes little sense to take up a spot on the 53 on a guy who has never played a real NFL down, hasn't been with you at all in the offseason, doesn't know the play book and has no rapport with the QB.

I love and hate this thread.

When I come on the board and see this thread all lit up, I hope to find Connor has been brought back on board.

Then comes the realization Connor has not and i'm pissed.

Sort of like right now. :angry:/>

Meh I'm okay with Peko getting duty at fullback when we need that battering ram.

I love and hate this thread.

When I come on the board and see this thread all lit up, I hope to find Connor has been brought back on board.

Then comes the realization Connor has not and i'm pissed.

Sort of like right now. :angry:/>/>

Meh I'm okay with Peko getting duty at fullback when we need that battering ram.

And when he gets hurt being that battering ram, resulting in another DT being the new starter ??

Are you still good with that outcome ?? I like the other DT's, but that situation does not thrill me right now.

This team doesn't need that. They can release guys like Miles to being Schafer up and not play ??

Yeah, give me Connor.

Miles had been hurt. Bringing up JK is in case Burfict is nicked, and for ST.

I'm not against Connor coming back but have questions about wisdom of using Charles in the first place. Not sure the experiment will work. Considering they are willing to emply their foundation DT as the FB, tells me its an important spot. So, again begs question as to Charles being there.

Another concern after last night is whats in store for the CB position. Kirk slightly injured. leaves Jones, Hall, Newman and Ghee. Now, that unit has some age and injury history. Instead of Connor or Charles, use Rex or Domata. Then, bring up CLH or bring back Prater.

We face Packers, Patriots and Lions coming up (among some stinkers), and all will demand heavy pass defense.

I'm not against Connor coming back but have questions about wisdom of using Charles in the first place. Not sure the experiment will work. Considering they are willing to emply their foundation DT as the FB, tells me its an important spot. So, again begs question as to Charles being there.

Another concern after last night is whats in store for the CB position. Kirk slightly injured. leaves Jones, Hall, Newman and Ghee. Now, that unit has some age and injury history. Instead of Connor or Charles, use Rex or Domata. Then, bring up CLH or bring back Prater.

We face Packers, Patriots and Lions coming up (among some stinkers), and all will demand heavy pass defense.

It's real simple why Charles is here. Did you see those 3 TE sets we used last night? If you use 3 TE sets, it stands to reason that you need a 4th TE somewhere. I think their use of Peko at FB was ingenius especially since he's embraced the whole idea. With that plus their use of TEs in the FB spot, there's no way to justify using a precious roster spot on Conner. If this were MLB and the rosters expanded at some point, I'd say hell yeah but not now. We need O Charles in case one of our other TEs go down

Maybe it's too early to say this but I don't think so...

I think a strength of this team is its short yardage offense. That O-line along with our TEs, whatever FB they're using plus Lawfirm or Gio has been getting the job done throughout the preseason and first two games of the regular season. That is an awfully nice skill for a team to have that plays in the AFC North. Keep this skill in mind as we debate whether to go for it on 4th downs or what to run on 3rd downs this year

It's real simple why Charles is here. Did you see those 3 TE sets we used last night? If you use 3 TE sets, it stands to reason that you need a 4th TE somewhere. I think their use of Peko at FB was ingenius especially since he's embraced the whole idea. With that plus their use of TEs in the FB spot, there's no way to justify using a precious roster spot on Conner. If this were MLB and the rosters expanded at some point, I'd say hell yeah but not now. We need O Charles in case one of our other TEs go down

Well I see charloes more being here for backup plan encase we have injury at the position,Really they should have never moved him and left him 3rd TE.

Per Hobson, Geathers' arm injury is serious enough that it may send him to IR. I know everyone hates him but he's a valuable rotation guy and his loss would hurt. OTOH it may pave the way for Hunt to get active on gameday.

/>http://www.bengals.com/news/article-1/Notes-NFLs-No-1-offense-next-Concern-for-Geathers-Miles-clears/45ea891b-7d10-4002-9bc8-7a160e464fd9

Miles passed through waivers but isn't a lock to return. They could also bring CLH up because they need corners for the Packers game.

Sucks about Geathers as I agree he's good in the rotation. Get ready Hunt, your time has come.

While I am wanting to see Connor be brought back, my position has changed to a degree.

I knew that keeping Charles had more to do with what they are doing at the TE position than anything else.

However, when I start seeing players get released or whatever, that is who I want Connor to replace.

In other words, keep all the TE's and the next time they want to can someone, make Connor his replacement.

I know that obviously depends on position, but i'm telling you if Peko gets hurt in the FB role, it's bullsh*t.

You lose the guy you are using in limited role position AND one of your starting DT's.

If the role is important enough to utilize one of your defensive starters, it's important enough to fill with Connor.

It's the same reason people don't want to see Adam Jones returning punts.

If he gets hurt doing that, the CB position is going to be hurting.

While there are backups to Peko, please don't tell me you are comfortable with that option from here on out.