53 Man Roster as is.

Kazkal

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Joe Reedy ‏@joereedy 14m

#Bengals sign DT Ogemdi Nwagbuo and place DT Devon Still and TE Alex Smith on IR

Joe Reedy ‏@joereedy 14m

#Bengals still have one move to make to fill Smith’s roster spot

I don't know much about this DT at all and neither does Mr Google. Had 30 reps at the combine so at least he's fairly strong. Was one of the final camp cuts in Detroit this year.

I am guessing they'll sign a TE to replace Alex Smith and fill that last roster spot, though I'd prefer they sign a CB or OL instead

I have a dollar to bet and I put it on both Eifert and Gresham returning for next week's game

Joe Reedy ‏@joereedy 14m

#Bengals sign DT Ogemdi Nwagbuo and place DT Devon Still and TE Alex Smith on IR

Joe Reedy ‏@joereedy 14m

#Bengals still have one move to make to fill Smith’s roster spot

I don't know much about this DT at all and neither does Mr Google. Had 30 reps at the combine so at least he's fairly strong. Was one of the final camp cuts in Detroit this year.

I am guessing they'll sign a TE to replace Alex Smith and fill that last roster spot, though I'd prefer they sign a CB or OL instead

I have a dollar to bet and I put it on both Eifert and Gresham returning for next week's game

What's Chris Pressley doing these days. If they are down a man at TE and the other two are nicked, perhaps getting a real FB in there for short yardage pickups in the playoffs might be a good thing. This would free Charles up to play TE where he might actually have some success.

Hobs:

The Bengals replaced him with free agent Ogemdi Nwagbuo, a fourth-year D-Tackle from Michigan State. The 6-5, 312-pound Nwagbuo has played in 36 NFL games with six starts with San Diego (2009-11) and Carolina ('11). He played in one game for Detroit in 2012 and was with the Lions in the 2013 preseason.

He has 44 career tackles, including 1.5 sacks, two passes defensed and a fumble recovery and hasn't been with a club since the Lions waived him Aug. 31. He most likely won't be active this Sunday, particularly with defensive coordinator Mike Zimmer saying Monday he's looking to get more reps for rookie end Margus Hunt.

The Bengals are still looking to fill one more roster spot with a tight end.

Also Monday they signed free agents cornerback Brandon Burton and defensive tackle Zach Minter to Reserve/Future contracts, which means they won't be on the roster until the Monday after the Super Bowl.

The 5-11, 190-pound Burton, a fifth-round pick out of Utah by the Vikings, is a third-year player who worked in 14 games with one start for Minnesota during 2011-12. He was with the Vikings in the 2013 preseason, but played in the first five games of this season with Buffalo before being waived Oct. 28.

The 6-1, 297-pound Minter signed with Chicago this past May as a free agent out of Montana State and played in two games before being waived Nov. 5.

Now that Tony Gonzalez has retired and the Falcons are done for the year could he un-retire and come here? Crazy idea but ....

According to the site, Pressley was waived earlier this month after his medical exemption ran out. So he appears to be "healthy" I guess.

QB Zac Robinson who also had the exemption was not moved to the 53 man squad on the same day..not sure what that means.
/>http://www.bengals.com/news/transactions.html

I thought about Pressley right away as well, but then figured the only reason they probably let him go was due to injury.

I could be wrong on that, but that was my assumption. I can't think of someone else that would be able to come in and actually contribute at this point.

Donald Lee TE from last year is still not playing anywhere is he.

DON'T MESS WITH THE ZOLTAN!

Joe Reedy ‏@joereedy

#Bengals sign TE Kevin Brock, waive P Shawn Powell and sign P Zoltan Mesko

rob Stedman ‏@rwstedman 21m

@joereedy because of the 10 foot punt?

joe Reedy ‏@joereedy 25m

RT @rwstedman: @joereedy because of the 10 foot punt?>Yup

adam Golden ‏@GoldenAdam 19m

@joereedy bit of a surprise? Save the worst punt in history, thought Powell did well.

David Popp ‏@davidpopp 15m

We can't afford 10 yard punts in the playoffs RT @joereedy: #Bengals sign TE Kevin Brock, waive P Shawn Powell and sign P Zoltan Mesko

Steven Wolf, Jr. ‏@Stevenwolfjr 15m

@joereedy the lack of an OL signing bodes well, correct?

Andrew Sten ‏@AndrewSten 15m

@joereedy kinda saw that coming...shanking a punt into the stands does not help with job security

Joe Reedy ‏@joereedy 14m

@Stevenwolfjr So far

I like the Mesko signing because he is an experienced NFL punter and brings with him some knowlege of New England

I kinda like the Brock signing because he's tall (we like tall receivers here) and he's been through several camps and has so he's gotten a lot of reps and training. On the other hand, yeah, I'd have preferred a more experienced player like Lee.

On a somewhat related note, some of you were calling Hoosier was screaming like a madman for Quin Sharp after Huber went down.

The Bengals signed him to a futures contract, so he'll be in the training camp mix next year and serves as a measure of insurance should there be problems (unlikely, but possible) with Huber healing

Sweet!