26 Mays, Taylor

45 Miles, Jeromy

20 Nelson, Reggie

40 Williams, Shawn

• Replies 373
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Hope Sanzenbacher beats out whalen for when they gotta cut someone for hawk...Pretty shocked they only went 5 Linebackers since it's always been marv's favorite position and with no young guy backing up Harrison plus Linebackers always had a huge part on special teams...Guess they want faster guys like Runningbacks/Safetys for Special teams this year.

Kept Mays, but cut Connor.

Easily the biggest disappointment for me.

Agree.

Mays' must have been kept purely for ST.

Another bone to pick is why keep Whalen and Dane? Seems redundant to me. Better used to bring back Boyd, or another big fast guy. Nothing behind AJ, so serious shift in Offense if he's hurt.

I like keeping Rex and Peerman.

DiManche making it in a mild upset. JK has to be asking what more a guy has to do. Two straight years leading his teams in tackles and still cut? I'd be flabbergasted ....

Did not see Moch or Prater. Both could end up somewhere else...

I hope the online decisions are correct. I do trust Collins if Whit can't go. We will see.

Overall, no major surprises. Perhaps Mays is only here until they see a viable guy they can grab?

Another bone to pick is why keep Whalen and Dane? Seems redundant to me. Better used to bring back Boyd, or another big fast guy. Nothing behind AJ, so serious shift in Offense if he's hurt.

One will be cut within 4 days when they special IR hawk,The other will replace Hawk for 8 weeks until he can come back so

It does make alot of sense vs bringing back Boyd.More so since Dane looks like he could be weapon as a returner.

Dane is a football player, that simple. Cliche, but he makes plays. If he stays healthy I think he could surprise and work his way into being a really good contributor. Possession receiver to back up number two guy and the slot.

I've seen enough of Whalen, ready for him to get a chance elsewhere where he has more of an opportunity. For some reason I could see him playing for the Raiders.

I simply think they will pay the price in the running game by cutting Connor.

Charles was having problems picking up and making solid blocks in the running game.

How many short yardage TD's do you see Gio making without getting a good block up front ??

I just think they were trying to get cute with keeping Charles as an H-Back.

Hope it doesn't bite them.

I simply think they will pay the price in the running game by cutting Connor.

Charles was having problems picking up and making solid blocks in the running game.

How many short yardage TD's do you see Gio making without getting a good block up front ??

I just think they were trying to get cute with keeping Charles as an H-Back.

Hope it doesn't bite them.

I see the same thing! My question is why is Alex Smith still here? Put Charles where he belongs TE, cut Alex Smith and use Conner at FB. I don't understand

Kept Mays, but cut Connor.

Easily the biggest disappointment for me.

Should have kept Conner, and got rid of Alex Smith. He didnt do a thing since he had been here! I don't get this move at all.

Well I think conner run blocking was far superior,How I thing the team looks at it is he wouldn't see play outside of Goaline and if they need they can put Peko in at Fullback.Bengals are going be in alot of Two Tight End Sets 3 WR's sets a fullback would see very little play where if it's atleast charles in they can go no huddle and give completely different looks.

I'd have kept Connor and dropped Charles, who means well but makes a lot of mistakes

The re-tooling toward a West Coast offense continues. Bengals are moving away from one-position power players (like Connor. or even Roland or Herron) and toward quick/finesse/versatile players that keep the defense guessing as to where the play is going (H-backs, little running backs, finesse receivers, tackles that can move but can't push a pile...).

hopefully it works out. But this is a very physical division; Bengals offense was all finesse for years, and had some big games but couldn't win the tight ones.

there are times when it's really good to have a fullback who can push a pile.

I hope Mays or Whalen are the first to go if they bring in a cover LB or another CB.

Another corner for? 6th corner won't even be active on gamedays.

They will pick up a LB, hopefully somebody who can cover to play the Nickle.

Ghee is dinged already, Jones is awaiting a decision on another suspension and Dre has not looked ready to step into the starters role. That leaves Newman and Hall as reliable CB's, that seems very thin to me. Cover LB is more of a need, even a S/ CB as a backup plan would be better than having either Mays or TE Smith though.

Jones will step in if anything happens to AJ. He has plenty of speed. But yeah if Green goes down it will make a hash of things.

Whalen stays because of experience. Dane sticks because Tate sucks as a returner and God-El is probably itching to suspend Slappy. But IMO Ryan is on the bubble.

I'd have kept Connor and dropped Charles, who means well but makes a lot of mistakes

The re-tooling toward a West Coast offense continues. Bengals are moving away from one-position power players (like Connor. or even Roland or Herron) and toward quick/finesse/versatile players that keep the defense guessing as to where the play is going (H-backs, little running backs, finesse receivers, tackles that can move but can't push a pile...).

hopefully it works out. But this is a very physical division; Bengals offense was all finesse for years, and had some big games but couldn't win the tight ones.

+1,000 to the last line. They have gone down this road before and it hasnt worked.

I think that is a very generous interpretation overall. Also possible IMO is that once again the coaching staff is playing favorites. Based on what we saw on HK, Connor never had a chance. Hue was bending over backwards, forwards and sideways to hand the job to Charles. Ditto with Roland. I know everybody hates him but he is solid as a backup. But Alexander has a new honey in Hawkinson. Somewhere Stacy Andrews is getting jealous.

+1,000 to the last line. They have gone down this road before and it hasnt worked.

I think that is a very generous interpretation overall. Also possible IMO is that once again the coaching staff is playing favorites. Based on what we saw on HK, Connor never had a chance. Hue was bending over backwards, forwards and sideways to hand the job to Charles. Ditto with Roland. I know everybody hates him but he is solid as a backup. But Alexander has a new honey in Hawkinson. Somewhere Stacy Andrews is getting jealous.

Andrews at least went forwards; I'm seeing an increased number of offensive players whose strength is how well they give ground or go side-to-side.

They sure used the sh*t out of him in the preseason.

Then again, maybe that's the point.

Hey, i'm hopeful as hell that Charles holds up in a blocking role, but I still think they got to cute with this move.

The Bengals still play in the AFCN right ??

If those 15 or so snaps equate to him blowing open a lane which produces a drive continuing first down or a TD on the goal line, i'm good.

However, if the plan is to run a ton of 2 TE sets, having 4 TE's really is the smart way to ensure continuity if there's an injury.

I do like Charles in the TE spot very much.

I dont mind the keeping of Charles, was 50/50 either way. Moch was the one that surprised me as I thought he had looked good all preseason and we are thin at lb(I expect one to be picked up or Moch back after hawkins goes to ir).

And I see a lot of people questioning goal line carries with charles, and while admittedly he wasn't really responsible for this, I dont recall being stuffed on the goal line with him in there.

While admittedly he wasn't really responsible for this, I dont recall being stuffed on the goal line with him in there.

Because he wasn't in there. They had the traditional FB (Connor) blowing open holes for Gio to run through.

This is why I wanted Connor. At the expense of Charles ?? No, Charles didn't need to go.

Mays and Whalen still have a spot on this team, but a true FB doesn't playing in the AFCN ??