Cleveland Browns

Jimmy Fo

This is my first post here and before I begin I want you all to know that I am a die hard Browns Fan!

I have noticed by looking at some of the threads that you all just love to bash the Browns. That's fine, it really doesnt bother me all that much. You know, being from Cleveland and then coming down to Cincinnati to go to school, I never knew how much Bengals' Fans despise the Browns. But just so you guys know, Browns' fan couldn't care less about the welfare of your team. All we are concerned and worried about is when Pittsburgh is gonna blow up (thats our rival). The Browns are not yours. Im sorry, but the Oilers are gone forever.

Now, back to the main reason I decided to make this thread. You guys think that Browns will suck. Fine. Thats your opinion. But let me compare both our teams in different aspects of football, Both offensively and defensively:

WHO HAS THE EDGE?

QB- no question... Browns. They have the best QB in the AFC North, no matter if you think he is gay or not.

FB- Browns. Smith will tear you guys apart

RB- Right now I'll give you guys a slight edge, but Suggs and Green scare you

Oline- Bengals

WR Core- Bengals by a hair.

TE- Browns (Winslow)

D-line- Browns. Most depth in NFL and every player could make your squad

LBs- Browns

DBs- Browns

Sorry guys but you defense sucks

Im not saying that the Browns are the team to beat in the division, but they are not very different from your Bengals. With Palmer starting at the helm for you guys, it will take your team a while to get straightened out.

Sheeesh, there must be some wicked hash doing the rounds in Cleveland.

Now go and take a lie down in a dark room and wait for the season to start.

Jimmy Fo, im sorry but youve come to the wrong place with such prognosications. Im glad you have your own little comparision system but what exactaly is it based on? Who you like better? Many "experts" around the NFL have stated and continue to state that the Browns will be a bottom feeder this year and have a horendus offense.

As for the rivalry? Nice of you to downplay it, but I dont think you would be here if it didnt mean something to you and many other Clowns fans. So, maybe a mod can move this to Smack talk and we can "get it on"!

:player:

Oh please please pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease move this to smack.

We've been waiting for a Browns fan to show up.

Guess what Buddy? Myself or anybody on this board could probably run for 65 yards on your sorry defense.

Do you remember Jamal Lewis??? BWAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

This is my first post here and before I begin I want you all to know that I am a die hard Browns Fan!

I have noticed by looking at some of the threads that you all just love to bash the Browns. That's fine, it really doesnt bother me all that much. You know, being from Cleveland and then coming down to Cincinnati to go to school, I never knew how much Bengals' Fans despise the Browns. But just so you guys know, Browns' fan couldn't care less about the welfare of your team. All we are concerned and worried about is when Pittsburgh is gonna blow up (thats our rival). The Browns are not yours. Im sorry, but the Oilers are gone forever.

Now, back to the main reason I decided to make this thread. You guys think that Browns will suck. Fine. Thats your opinion. But let me compare both our teams in different aspects of football, Both offensively and defensively:

WHO HAS THE EDGE?

QB- no question... Browns. They have the best QB in the AFC North, no matter if you think he is gay or not.

Oline- Bengals

TE- Browns (Winslow)

LBs- Browns

DBs- Browns

Im not saying that the Browns are the team to beat in the division, but they are not very different from your Bengals. With Palmer starting at the helm for you guys, it will take your team a while to get straightened out.

Well, what do you expect on a Bengals Board. First of all, I hate the Ravens and the Steelers just us much as your beloved Turds. You say the Browns could care less about the Bengals, well that's because we've been losing for the past 13 years. You'll care when we're kicking your asses this season. Now let's see who has the edge.

QB- You have the edge at QB but not by much.

FB- Bengals..Jeremi Johnson is the next great FB in the NFL.

RB- Bengals

Oline- Bengals

WR Core- Bengals

TE- Browns...I'll give it to you guys even though your "soldier" is yet to prove anything in the NFL

D-line- Browns.

LBs- Bengals

DBs- Bengals...We have improved in the secondary.

You say our defense sucks but yours wasn't that impressive either last season. :player:

I agree with the post above me...You have us beat in Dline and thats it...Nevermind, We have the better QB(s) Garcia aint gonna have s**t to throw to and his O line is gonna provide no protection so he will be throwing pick after pick... YOU ARE A F***ING PHYSCO IF YOU THINK OUR WR CORE IS ONLY A HAIR BETTER!!!!!Sorry you have noone that even is as a good as a pimple on Chad Johnson's ass. KWASH AND PDUB ARE BOTH BETTER THAN ANY WR THE BROWNS HAVE TOO! so that is a blow out comparison, dont worry thpough a lot of teams get the same score when compared to us on that one.... You must not know how tremondously our secondary changed... Out with Roman and in with Kim HERRING!!!!!! Burris and Hawkins out and Deltha Oneal in... 2 Very promising rookies in keiwan Ratlif and M Williams.... Linebackers is questionable and depends on Nate Webster

But just so you guys know, Browns' fan couldn't care less about the welfare of your team. All we are concerned and worried about is when Pittsburgh is gonna blow up (thats our rival). The Browns are not yours.

Any time you have 2 teams in the same state and in the same division you have a rivalry...it may not be like the Bengals/Oilers...or in your case Pittsburgh, but its a reality none the less. I am completely with all Browns fans in the respect that I enjoy watching the Steelers fail, again a division foe thing. I also think that the Browns fans will have to concern themselves with the Bengals, if you want to make the post season you'll have to beat them Bengals. Good Luck!!

WHO HAS THE EDGE?

QB- no question... Browns.  They have the best QB in the AFC North, no matter if you think he is gay or not.

Thats an open issue right now, lets see how Palmer does before you make that judgement. Gay or not, well the jury is out on that as well...check out my post about TO's comments.

WR Core- Bengals by a hair

Based on what?? Northcutt is your best WR and he's maybe in the top 15 in the NFL, I like Andra Davis as your #2 but he's on the same level as Washington, and I can't think of anything else that brings your WR's even close to ours. I'd say we run away in this category like the Browns run away with the DTs.

LBs- Browns

DBs- Browns

I'd have to say the jury is out there as well, the Bengals have made some changes in these areas and we'll have to see how each group responds.

As far as the Browns not being very different, it comes down to how a team responds to their coaches (the Bengals have the edge in the coaching department) and plays as a whole...not just what you can look at on paper. With the exception of a couple of teams in the NFL, there is not much that seperates any one team from another. Thats why todays NFL is so exciting, you always get that team that just puts it together and comes out of nowhere to have a great season.

Oh please please pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease move this to smack.

We've been waiting for a Browns fan to show up.

Guess what Buddy? Myself or anybody on this board could probably run for 65 yards on your sorry defense.

Do you remember Jamal Lewis??? BWAAAA HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!!

:lol::lol::lol::lol:

Never thought I'd say this, but Hooray for the Ravens fan on this one!!! :D

I think that even if the Browns fans are forgetting about Jamal Lewis, after 500yds rushing against them last year I'm sure the Brown's D is still having nightmares about him.

this right here made me chuckle. Is he serious?

Alot of Browns fans work at my work now cuz they closed a site in cleveland and moved a ton of them here to vegas to train employees how to do their work. Even they agree that this isnt a good time for the browns. They know their WR's are one of the worst in the league and same with their LB's and DB's. U gotta have some talent on ur team, even the bengals did when they were losing game after game after game. Yes i give their DL an edge and the TE spot...but thats about it. Im sorry, 5 players out of 22 do not make you better.

Lets not scare this kid off though, id like to have some browns or any other teams fans around to talk smack/argue/converse with.

Cleveland fan you're right, you're not much of a rival to us, that's why our biggest rival is the Ravens. There is actually something to compete for between these 2 teams. That a divisional crown. Clevelan fan, you can have Pittsburgh, you guys can also compete for the bottom of the division perrenially now why you're at it.

Get off the comparisons, dude, you're way off base. Maybe you should buy Joe Theismans book, "Football for Dummies" you could learn a thing or two about how to evaluate talent. 'Til then, enjoy your fantasy world, bottom-feeder!

Who- Dey :player: :angry: :player:

"Cause you don't live in Cleveland, you live in Cincinnati!!!!!" - Sam Wyche

WHO HAS THE EDGE?

Oline- Bengals

TE- Browns (Winslow)

LBs- Browns

DBs- Browns

YEEEESSSSS!!!! A Brown Troll finally shows up to represent his pathetic bunch!!! Needless to say, I've been waiting on you my troll friend--and so has everyone else.

:lol:

First before I start, let me just do this:

troll

\Troll\, n. [icel. troll. Cf. Droll, Trull.] (Scand. Myth.)

[From the Usenet group alt.folklore.urban] To

utter a posting on Usenet designed to attract predictable

responses or flames; or, the post itself. Derives from the phrase

"trolling for newbies" which in turn comes from mainstream

"trolling", a style of fishing in which one trails bait through a

likely spot hoping for a bite. The well-constructed troll is a post

that induces lots of newbies and flamers to make themselves look

even more clueless than they already do, while subtly conveying to

the more savvy and experienced that it is in fact a deliberate

troll. If you don't fall for the joke, you get to be in on it. See

also YHBT. 2. An individual who chronically trolls in sense 1;

regularly posts specious arguments, flames or personal attacks to a

newsgroup, discussion list, or in email for no other purpose than to

annoy someone or disrupt a discussion. Trolls are recognizable by

the fact that the have no real interest in learning about the topic

at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait. Like the ugly

creatures they are named after, they exhibit no redeeming

characteristics, and as such, they are recognized as a lower form of

life on the net, as in, "Oh, ignore him, he's just a troll." 3.

[berkeley] Computer lab monitor. A popular campus job for CS

students. Duties include helping newbies and ensuring that lab

policies are followed. Probably so-called because it involves

lurking in dark cavelike corners.

Some people claim that the troll (sense 1) is properly a narrower

category than flame bait, that a troll is categorized by containing

some assertion that is wrong but not overtly controversial. See

also Troll-O-Meter.

Now to your post--

Who has the edge:

QB: Okay, I agree with you that Gaymancia has the edge--but WHO REALLY KNOWS WHAT PALMER CAN DO??? This is INCOMPLETE!!!

RB: Green doesn't scare anybody but the government and pot bongs all across this nation. Crack is whack. Suggs got lucky on the last game of the year last year--IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN!!!

WR: Man, you're on something!!! You're telling us that Chad Johnson is just a hair better than Dennis Northcutt??? The Whole Entire Bungles' WR Corps is just a hair better than the Browns' WR Corps??? Once again, CRACK IS WHACK!!!

O-Line: Bungles. Thank you.

TE: How do you know??? Da' f**king Soldier is a whiny ass and his agent sucks. He may get into trouble before the season even starts. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if your chump ass wizzes a Durcell-sized "D" at this guy from the nosebleeds.

D-Line: Dude, you're obviously a homer from the "Mistake" aren't you??? That's the same line that let Jamal have 295 yards on the ground. Or are you trying to forget that nonsense???

LBs: You've got to be kidding me??? Who do you have??? Your front 7 smells like Mary Jane Rotcrotch's Purty Pink Panties!!!

DBs: I'll just say this is about even.

Our defense sucks??? At least our Bungles can hold runners under 200 yards!!! Dude--invite more of your Browns Brothers here--this should be fun. You will need the numbers here for the shelling you're going to get.

:lol::lol::lol:

Now, back to the main reason I decided to make this thread.  You guys think that Browns will suck. Fine. Thats your opinion. But let me compare both our teams in different aspects of football, Both offensively and defensively:

WHO HAS THE EDGE?

QB- no question... Browns.  They have the best QB in the AFC North, no matter if you think he is gay or not.

Oline- Bengals

TE- Browns (Winslow)

LBs- Browns

DBs- Browns

YEEEESSSSS!!!! A Brown Troll finally shows up to represent his pathetic bunch!!! Needless to say, I've been waiting on you my troll friend--and so has everyone else.

:lol:

First before I start, let me just do this:

troll

\Troll\, n. [icel. troll. Cf. Droll, Trull.] (Scand. Myth.)

[From the Usenet group alt.folklore.urban] To

utter a posting on Usenet designed to attract predictable

responses or flames; or, the post itself. Derives from the phrase

"trolling for newbies" which in turn comes from mainstream

"trolling", a style of fishing in which one trails bait through a

likely spot hoping for a bite. The well-constructed troll is a post

that induces lots of newbies and flamers to make themselves look

even more clueless than they already do, while subtly conveying to

the more savvy and experienced that it is in fact a deliberate

troll. If you don't fall for the joke, you get to be in on it. See

also YHBT. 2. An individual who chronically trolls in sense 1;

regularly posts specious arguments, flames or personal attacks to a

newsgroup, discussion list, or in email for no other purpose than to

annoy someone or disrupt a discussion. Trolls are recognizable by

the fact that the have no real interest in learning about the topic

at hand - they simply want to utter flame bait. Like the ugly

creatures they are named after, they exhibit no redeeming

characteristics, and as such, they are recognized as a lower form of

life on the net, as in, "Oh, ignore him, he's just a troll." 3.

[berkeley] Computer lab monitor. A popular campus job for CS

students. Duties include helping newbies and ensuring that lab

policies are followed. Probably so-called because it involves

lurking in dark cavelike corners.

Some people claim that the troll (sense 1) is properly a narrower

category than flame bait, that a troll is categorized by containing

some assertion that is wrong but not overtly controversial. See

also Troll-O-Meter.

Now to your post--

Who has the edge:

QB: Okay, I agree with you that Gaymancia has the edge--but WHO REALLY KNOWS WHAT PALMER CAN DO??? This is INCOMPLETE!!!

RB: Green doesn't scare anybody but the government and pot bongs all across this nation. Crack is whack. Suggs got lucky on the last game of the year last year--IT WON'T HAPPEN AGAIN!!!

WR: Man, you're on something!!! You're telling us that Chad Johnson is just a hair better than Dennis Northcutt??? The Whole Entire Bungles' WR Corps is just a hair better than the Browns' WR Corps??? Once again, CRACK IS WHACK!!!

O-Line: Bungles. Thank you.

TE: How do you know??? Da' f**king Soldier is a whiny ass and his agent sucks. He may get into trouble before the season even starts. I wouldn't be the least bit surprised if your chump ass wizzes a Durcell-sized "D" at this guy from the nosebleeds.

D-Line: Dude, you're obviously a homer from the "Mistake" aren't you??? That's the same line that let Jamal have 295 yards on the ground. Or are you trying to forget that nonsense???

LBs: You've got to be kidding me??? Who do you have??? Your front 7 smells like Mary Jane Rotcrotch's Purty Pink Panties!!!

DBs: I'll just say this is about even.

Our defense sucks??? At least our Bungles can hold runners under 200 yards!!! Dude--invite more of your Browns Brothers here--this should be fun. You will need the numbers here for the shelling you're going to get.

:lol::lol::lol:

HAHAHA....I was looking forward to your response on that thread Barb. You never let me down. Definitely bring on more Browns fans!

Wow, getting quite an uproar in here. :P

Anyway, as the name suggests, I am a Browns fan. Yeah yeah, your sorry, la la la..

While I wouldn't go as far as to compare the teams down to positions, I will say I think the Bengals are definitely an improved team and continuing to improve this year and into the future. Grats on that.

On the same note though, I think the Browns have improved with the addition of Garcia, T.Smith, and Winslow. The team seems more unified this year and supportive of Coach Davis, unlike the previous 2 years with all the turmoil.

In my opinion, I think both teams have a good shot at competing for the division, with Balitmore being the team to beat. Pittsburg seemed to take a step back again this year and I think will be out of the picture early, although they do usually put up a good fight.

Until the season starts and we get a look at how both teams have gelled with their changes, it's hard to call, but I look forward to a couple good battles with the Bengals this year as opposed to years past.

So here's to what is going to be a very exciting year in the AFC North. Good luck to you Bengals (except during AFC North divisional games :D ). We will see you in October.

Wow, getting quite an uproar in here.  :P 

Anyway, as the name suggests, I am a Browns fan. Yeah yeah, your sorry, la la la..

While I wouldn't go as far as to compare the teams down to positions, I will say I think the Bengals are definitely an improved team and continuing to improve this year and into the future. Grats on that.

On the same note though, I think the Browns have improved with the addition of Garcia, T.Smith, and Winslow.  The team seems more unified this year and supportive of Coach Davis, unlike the previous 2 years with all the turmoil.

In my opinion, I think both teams have a good shot at competing for the division, with Balitmore being the team to beat. Pittsburg seemed to take a step back again this year and I think will be out of the picture early, although they do usually put up a good fight.

Until the season starts and we get a look at how both teams have gelled with their changes, it's hard to call, but I look forward to a couple good battles with the Bengals this year as opposed to years past.

So here's to what is going to be a very exciting year in the AFC North. Good luck to you Bengals (except during AFC North divisional games  :D ). We will see you in October.

Yes, you'll get a rippin' for being a Browns fan, but you laid out your case well so I don't image most members here will dawg you too much, other than some of the "trolls" that we have here. :lol:

Anyway, welcome aboard Florida and hopefully you won't be too ripped that you'll leave. Jam31 is our Ravens fan and he's mostly welcomed by everyone here, not because he's a Ravens fan - we hate the Ravens - but because he doesn't throw mindless Ravens talk and keeps logical thought at a premium.. but I do think we knocked him around a bit.. you know, like an initiation. ^_^

Speaking of which, whatever happened to Arizona?

Oh, and Jimmy Fo, read above as well. I hate the Browns, and I hate a group of Browns fans, but single Browns fans are cool as long as they don't spam the forum with pro-brown / anti-Bengal talk.

(this is the most mature I've ever been in my entire life.. I've really grown up today, I'm very proud of myself :blink::huh: )

Welcome Florida. Nice way to enter the site, we can definitly handle other fans as long as you follow Kirks advice above. Intelligent, fact based arguments always hold their ground here...idiotic biased opinion almost always gets slammed.

I can also wish the Browns well against the Ravens and Steelers, but after that I usually go for whoever else happens to be playing the Browns that day. Nothing personal, its just how I feel about it.

Proud of you too Kirk, altough its much more interesting when your imature. :P

(this is the most mature I've ever been in my entire life.. I've really grown up today, I'm very proud of myself :blink::huh: )

B) Yeah .... You know tho that this would be a lot easier to believe if my eyes didn't keep getting drawn to your avatar and ....... what's that he's doing on the Browns helmet ???????? :lol:

"On the same note though, I think the Browns have improved with the addition of Garcia, T.Smith, and Winslow. The team seems more unified this year and supportive of Coach Davis, unlike the previous 2 years with all the turmoil."

- FloridaBrownsFan

Previous turmoil? Man, I think Butch Davis throwing the axe down on the entire football operations staff in a power struggle constitutes as turmoil, not to mention the debacle handling your "franchise QB" Tim Couch...

Oh well, that's just my spin on things.....

Can't wait to see Madieu Williams one-on-one w/ the soildja!!!! Garcia has got to be good for 4 INTs and a groin pull versus Cincy this year...

For those that don't know......Who-Dey!!!!

:player: :angry: :player:

Wow, getting quite an uproar in here.   :P 

On the same note though, I think the Browns have improved with the addition of Garcia, T.Smith, and Winslow.  The team seems more unified this year and supportive of Coach Davis, unlike the previous 2 years with all the turmoil.

So here's to what is going to be a very exciting year in the AFC North. Good luck to you Bengals (except during AFC North divisional games  :D ). We will see you in October.

Yes, you'll get a rippin' for being a Browns fan, but you laid out your case well so I don't image most members here will dawg you too much, other than some of the "trolls" that we have here. :lol:

Anyway, welcome aboard Florida and hopefully you won't be too ripped that you'll leave. Jam31 is our Ravens fan and he's mostly welcomed by everyone here, not because he's a Ravens fan - we hate the Ravens - but because he doesn't throw mindless Ravens talk and keeps logical thought at a premium.. but I do think we knocked him around a bit.. you know, like an initiation. ^_^

Speaking of which, whatever happened to Arizona?

Oh, and Jimmy Fo, read above as well. I hate the Browns, and I hate a group of Browns fans, but single Browns fans are cool as long as they don't spam the forum with pro-brown / anti-Bengal talk.

Arizona is sticking to his pledge of waiting until we play each other before he gets back "into the fray". I think he still follows the threads most of the time.

He is also preparing for law school and he claims to be NOT buying Madden because he will have real work to do. But we shall see :D

I on the other hand won't get my copy for another 2 weeks.

Welcome aboard FL Browns Fan,

I just hope you are bracing for a long season because Butch Davis has turned your franchise into a laughingstock.

First of all welcome to the Zone ...... in spite of that opening line which is right up there with " Hi I'm Jimmy and I have herpes. "

Several points ..... Of course you had to come to Cincinnati to go to school. There aren't any in Cleveland. Fortunately since you seem to be about pre k, there is plenty of time to set you aright. It also explains why you didn't know that we don't appreciate the Browns around here ....... it's only the first of several things that you probably don't know, but all in good time.

Browns fans couldn't care less about our teams welfare. Now there's a news flash. Browns fans don't care about anything that they can't put on their face or in it. Just out of curiosity ... are you related to any of those people in the endzone ???? Does it trigger your gag reflex just a little when you see their guts hang out from under their jerseys ????? And those are the women! The guys are worse yet ! Jeeez ! They look more like the Baby Hueys than the Dawgs.

If you really think that your top rival is Pittsburgh, then you need a wake up slap for not paying attention when the Ravens ....... SB champ Ravens of owner Art Modell who punked you and all other Cleveland lake drinkers when they came to town and set rushing records on your sorry asses. 30 something to nothing wasn't it ???? Of course it could also be that you figure your team isn't good enough to be a rival of the Baltimore Ravens because they've won a super bowl .... boy that's gotta sting huh .... all those years in Cleveland and then ..... well, you know ( or maybe you don't )

As to your assessment of the teams. Garcia may or may not be gay ...... I don't know or care ( he does spend a lot of time under center ) . He couldn't beat the Bengals when he was throwing to TO so I can't see where he'll do any better in Lakeland ..... As to Junior, get his ass on the field before you say he's the best TE going. As to all the others, so what ?? It doesn't matter if they're better or even any good at all. It's what you can get out of them that matters, and that hasn't been much .

I know we're being a little harsh on you, but like you said .... you did come here to go to school. It may hurt a little at first , but it's for your own good and you'll thank us later when it's all a little clearer to you. B)

(this is the most mature I've ever been in my entire life.. I've really grown up today, I'm very proud of myself  :blink:  :huh: )

B) Yeah .... You know tho that this would be a lot easier to believe if my eyes didn't keep getting drawn to your avatar and ....... what's that he's doing on the Browns helmet ???????? :lol:

Oh sure, gotta keep bringing me down don't you? :lol::lol:

Yea, I'm very proud of my artwork. It's been the same avator for about half a year now and I don't see any reason to change it.. even for the benevolent boobiemeister..

(this is the most mature I've ever been in my entire life.. I've really grown up today, I'm very proud of myself  :blink:  :huh: )

Oh sure, gotta keep bringing me down don't you? :lol::lol:

Yea, I'm very proud of my artwork. It's been the same avator for about half a year now and I don't see any reason to change it.. even for the benevolent boobiemeister..

:huh: Me ????????

I would never do anything to bring you down. I was just struck by the seeming incongruity of the kind words for the Browns fans right next to the fine piece of artwork depicting Calvin pissing on a Browns helmet. :lol:

You have made Great strides and we're all proud of you .... and you have every reason to be proud of yourself .......... BUT ....... you got to admit ... that's funny!

He is also preparing for law school and he claims to be NOT buying Madden because he will have real work to do. But we shall see :D

I've dropped classes before because we bought Madden during college. It sucked too, because they were required classes and had to take them the following semester, so after awhile all the classes I was forced to take because I kept dropping them. :lol:

But it looks like he's got his s**t together more than I did. ^_^