I've Got Nothing

ArmyBengal

I don't know what the heck is going on with the Reds, but they sure picked the wrong time to look like crap.

The Reds dropping to 6.5 back and the start of Bengals preseason = less interest as a fan.

Don't get me wrong, I hope they go on a tear and play the way the talent on their roster suggests they should be playing.

I just haven't seen or heard anything recently from the players or Dusty that makes me think they will.

Hell, when the players talk about how they went into a game and admit to not really trying, you know there are problems.

Hoping for the best.

They play the A's in a two game series starting tonight.

Nope, probably won't be watching.

GO REDS !!!

Yeah, it's been incredibly frustrating to watch.

Trying to keep perspective, though. They still currently own a playoff spot and if they can just manage to get in then all it takes is to get hot at the right time. Just like the Cardinals a few seasons ago when they won it all after looking pretty horrific at times in the regular season.

Fingers crossed that they can get some of their injured guys back and hold things together. I really do forget sometimes how many big guys they're missing (Ludwick, Cueto, Marshall, Broxton). It pains me to see the lineup every night and to see a rotation of guys like Hannahan, Izturis, Paul, etc. And then the nights where you see two of that crew in the lineup. Ouch.

Then Curtis Partch comes into a game...thank goodness he got sent back down.

dash.gif

The injuries are there, but Cingrani has been very good and Leake (minus the last start) has been amazing.

The injuries to Broxton and Marshall hurt, but then the bullpen has set records without them in consecutive shutout innings.

The one that I think stung the lost was Ludwick and I think it will still take him time to get back to average.

Like I said, i'm still rooting and hope that playoff spot holds up. It could certainly change everything once they get in.

I also am not holding out hope they make their way back into the top spot in the division.

They did win last night with Chapman giving up a dinger in the 9th to blow the shutout.

They need to keep that up though. Winning one night, to get blown out the next, isn't doing much for them.