Reds vs. Pirates

ArmyBengal

Starting up the 2nd half with the Pirates coming to town for a 3 game series tomorrow.

This was the time of the season last year when the Reds really took off, so here's to hoping they can pull it off again.

The Reds send Leake, Latos, and Bailey to the mound for the series.

This team simply has to find a way to be more consistent. People like to say injuries and while they have had them, I don't think they have impacted the team as much as many seem to think they have. Cueto has been out, but the starting pitching has been better than average with Leake as the guy amazingly having a great season to this point. They lost Marshall and Broxton for a while, but the bullpen just broke the Reds record for most consecutive shutout innings in the teams history. The one I think hurt the most ?? Ludwick, but his loss doesn't really count for the inconsistency of this team from a hitting perspective.

I think if the Reds can find a way to be more consistent at the plate, they will be just fine.

If not, they will be struggling to be a wild card. I'm hoping for the best.

GO REDS !!!

Nick Massett huh ?? He's been on the DL for so long I forgot he was part of the team.

Ludwick would be a big boost simply to his positioning in the lineup and what it would allow them to do.

This team has too many players that aren't hitting well and pitchers simply pitch around the others that are.

If Frasier, Cozart, and Hannigan could bump their BA's in the second half, it would be monsterous for this team.

Add a healthy Ludwick and it sure would be nice, but he's going to still need some time.

I just don't like all the "Could's", "Maybe's", and "If's" with them right now to be comfortable in how they will finish.

Did anyone see where they added the HOME game missed with the Giants to their road trip ??

So the Reds will be the home team, bat last, wear their home jersey, but be playing in San Fran.

I think that solution sucks. Why not just wait until the end of the season and if that game comes back to make a difference, worry then?

Did anyone see where they added the HOME game missed with the Giants to their road trip ??

So the Reds will be the home team, bat last, wear their home jersey, but be playing in San Fran.

I think that solution sucks. Why not just wait until the end of the season and if that game comes back to make a difference, worry then?

Yeah, it really bugged me as well.

On the other hand, SF is a sub-.500 team right now so getting an extra game against them (even on the west coast) isn't the worst thing to happen to us.

All I know is the Reds are a better home team than road team and the Reds typically struggle on the West Coast.

I simply don't think this is fair to the Reds and letting them bat last is far from getting close to fair.

Again, is it so hard to wait until later in the season and see if missing that ONE game will even matter ??

Me too. The AS game break are some of the most miserable sports days of the year.

Thankfully, the British Open has kept my attention the past two days. Otherwise, the drought is nearly unbearable. When the NBA Summer League and a "suspected" murderer are the only big stories in sports, you know there's a problem.

So Leake starts out the game by giving up 3 hits over 5 innings.

The Reds build a 5-0 lead over the Pirates.

Then Leake somehow goes out in the 6th and gives up 3 homeruns.

Thankfully all solo shots.

Pirates have 2 on in the 7th with Simon getting yanked.

5-3 Reds.