Reds vs. Giants

ArmyBengal

The Reds come back home to start a 4 game series against the Giants tonight.

Arroyo, Bailey, Cingrani, and Leake will be on the mound for the Reds.

I don't know what the hell is going to happen, so no need to comment really.

All I know is, this team needs to find a way to get back to winning more than they lose.

They look like they aren't having much fun out there. They look tired and in need of a break.

The Pirates have won 9 in a row and are now 5.5 games up on the Reds.

The Cardinals are 2 games back.

Am I wrong in saying I expected more from Cozart and Frasier in hitting the ball ??

Ugh. Double Ugh.

There hasn't been much Reds talk here lately and that's probably due to there not being much to discuss.

However, the Reds opened the series with the Giants getting a 6 inning, rain shortened, win 8-1.

Arroyo pitched all 6 innings and had only given up 2 hits to that point. Nice.

I guess I should b*tch about Frasier and Cozart more often.

In the six innings, they went a combined 3 of 5 with Frasier hitting a 3 run blast.

Cozart also had a nice hit driving in a run.

It's Bailey and Lincecum in tonights game.

Both the Cards and Pirates were idle last night, so the Reds picked up a half game on both.

Yeah, really amazing how they can be so horrific with runners in scoring position for so many consecutive games, and then all the sudden put something like this together.

Granted, Kickham seems to be pretty terrible, but still...they didn't let up when the relievers game in, either.

Like I said a few series ago, it's frustrating.

They clearly have the ability, but don't seem to be able to put it together on a consistent basis.

The game the other night, they couldn't do something as simple as get a bunt down.

Didn't matter who it was, it wasn't happening. Crazy.

Another no-no for Homer ?? Just crazy.

Some of the history behind pitchers that have thrown multiple no hitters is pretty impressive.

Another was the last time a pitcher threw a teams consecutive no hitters. Nolan Ryan in 1974 I think they said.

I made my son sit down and watch with me just like last year when Bailey threw the no hitter against the Pirates.

I told him "You might not understand it now, but you will when you get older" and we had fun with it.

I'm really happy for Bailey and the Reds.

The Pirates and Cards both lost.

Another nugget I wasn't aware of is that Bailey became only the 27th pitcher IN THE HISTORY OF BASEBALL to throw multiple no hitters.

I don't know why I thought that number would have been higher, but wow that is pretty impressive.

No hitters are still really fun to watch regardless of the team or pitcher.

I always find myself rooting for the pitcher.

I again take a minute to express just how much I think of Ryan Hanigan.

He might not be killing the ball at the moment, but how great is he behind the plate ??