Reds vs. Rangers

ArmyBengal

Starting Friday, the Reds begin a 3 game series on the road against the Rangers.

Thankfully, the Reds have Cueto, Leake, and Latos taking the mound and all have been pitching well.

I would love to see them at least win this series before coming back home.

I think it would help them a lot.

The Pirates are on their typical first half tear and have now tied up the Central after winning their 6th in a row.

The Reds find themselves 3.5 behind both teams.

GO REDS !!!

Just a tribe update for you Reds fans. They're 3.5 games back from the Tigers. Their closer, Chris Perez, just got reactivated after his "shoulder injury" knocked him out of the lineup at the exact same time he got busted for weed being delivered to his house. Their bullpen is costing them, but hopefully with Perez back they'll solidify that. Their offense has been pretty weak lately. Nick Swisher, the guy they got from the Yankees, is in a huge slump. My prediction: They'll start playing well, but it won't matter because when you have to deal with Cabrera and Fielder back to back, and Verlander is in the mix, they just won't be good enough.

You'll have to forgive me for bringing this up, but Cueto most certainly did NOT pitch well in his last outing. It was like an episode of the twilight zone. wacko.gif

I'll give you that one, but I still feel better when Cueto takes the mound.

His good usually outweighs the bad.

Reds win 6-4 in extras last night.

It was quite possibly one of the worst executed and worst coached games I've watched this season.

The fact they won the game still amazes me.

Someone also needs to tell Parra that if your first 9 pitches in relief are all the same, sooner or later any hitter is going to make you pay.

He got lucky last night and Bruce made a great catch in the outfield.

Someone also has to go over the basics of bunting with these guys. It looked like something they've never tried before.

I'm speaking strictly of last nights game, as they have had success up to this point.

Just go out and get another "W" today.