Gresham/Hernandez Thread

membengal

Sorta kinda related, from the arrests standpoint.....

Do you think this story will spin in the media in general that this fellow is a "former Bengal" or a "current 49er"?

/>http://bleacherreport.com/articles/1692687-49ers-linebacker-ahmad-brooks-may-face-assault-charges-after-attacking-teammate?utm_source=cnn.com&utm_medium=referral&utm_campaign=editorial&hpt=hp_t2

Because, well, you know, all our players are either criminals or just ain't been caught yet

Police in Connecticut Reopen 23 Year Old Cold Case

Bristol, Connecticut (AP) – Bristol homicide detectives have reopened a double homicide investigation from 1990.

In December of 1990, two 5-year-old boys were shot and killed on the playground at Happy Fields Preschool, a day care center in Bristol. According to documents obtained by the AP, there was a dispute over who was entitled to play with some Transformers. The dispute took place near the teeter totter, and was broken up by Mrs. Esther Framingham, a teacher at the day care center.

Ron Mathias and Troy Homan, both 5, left the teeter totter area and got into a Little Tykes pedal car and pedaled over to the swingset. Police reports indicate that an unidentified child approached the car, and fired 11 shots into the front of said car, hitting both boys in the head multiple times. Autopsy reports showed a 9 millimeter glock pistol was used in the shooting.

Witnesses were uncooperative. Mrs. Framingham quit her job the next day and moved to Fillipi, Arizona. Police did note that 5 year-old student Aaron Hernandez, already heavily tattooed at that young age, showed up the next day with a new neck tattoo that read, “2 down, the rest of the world to go. THUG LIFE.”

Hernandez’ legal team in his current murder case had no comment on the investigation other than to say, “Holy crap, another one?!”

You know, I am totally cool with this. Ron was a little punk who wouldn't let anyone else be Optimus Prime and his butt buddy Troy broke my Megatron so it wouldn't transform back into a gun. They would have just grown up to be Wall Street banksters ripping off old ladies anyhow. Good job, Hernandez.

You know, I am totally cool with this. Ron was a little punk who wouldn't let anyone else be Optimus Prime and his butt buddy Troy broke my Megatron so it wouldn't transform back into a gun. They would have just grown up to be Wall Street banksters ripping off old ladies anyhow. Good job, Hernandez.

Sesame street justice, that's what I call it.

AA Ron's flop house
/>http://usat.ly/12138xN

So like Henry Hill, Hernandez had both the house and the apartment, except instead of having a coked up girlfriend in the apartment it was where he went to chill after he shot people.

This needs to be a movie called "Dumbfellas."

A-Hern had a twin brother. When birth happened, the doctor pulled A-Hern out first, only to watch in horror as A-Hern blazes away at his twin still in the birth canal. He blasted his twin's head to smithereens. His mom was like, "where'd my baby get that Glock?" The doctor goes, "Man, he's so athletic! I didn't see a thing!" True story.

Sorry, I just don't feel bad for this guy. First off, he's no longer an NFL player, he was cut by the team!! Secondly He’s incarcerated for murder charges. Thirdly, how do they think the family of the deceased feels or what they’re going through!! This guy has a roof over his head, a bed to slep in and I'm sure he is getting three meals a day, as well as medical and dental care!! That's more than I got while serving in Iraq for a year defending his freedom..

/>http://sports.yahoo.com/blogs/nfl-shutdown-corner/aclu-concerned-aaron-hernandez-being-treated-prison-003203774.html

The comment about Hernandez being an "OK guy" was just COB being humerous. (Well done again)

No one is saying Hernandez is a good guy that deserves the pity of anyone.

If someone is suggesting that, I would ask them to beat themselves about the head with a hammer.

:bangin:

I know there's the whole "Innocent until proven guilty" aspect to all things, but d*mn.

I don't think there's any way he gets out of substantial jail time one way or another.

Either for the murder charges or all the gun issues involved. I think I saw a blurb about that on one of the sites reporting.

Something about guns, ammo, license and how he won't get out of jail time. I could be wrong, but i'm not going back to find it.

Turns out, it wasn't so far back:
/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/07/07/gun-charges-provide-strong-fallback-in-hernandez-prosecution/

As explained by Ben Volin of the Boston Globe, the weapons charges against Hernandez carry a maximum sentence of 10 years for each of two counts of carrying a “large capacity firearm”; five years for one count of carrying a firearm without a license; two years for possession of a firearm without a Firearm Identification Card; and two years for possession of ammunition without a Firearm Identification Card.

If you were a fan of Hernandez, you got a jersey. If you were a friend of Hernandez, you got a bullet in the head. I wish there was an exchange line for that.

Kind of off topic, but did anyone see the article the last couple days that quoted Kraft extensively saying the Patriots were duped by Hernandez? It went on and on about how the innocent Patriots organization fell for A-Herns web of deceit and lies. The Patriots are the real victims here! When Goodell grants them a compensatory draft pick, central ohio kablosion.

Yeah, the poor, poor Patriots. What the F*ck ever.

First there was no way they could have seen things coming and now we are expected to feel sorry for their situation.

I remember when the Patriots finally started to become a good team and when they won their first Super Bowl, I was actually really happy for them as an organization and for their fans. People think they have developed into the model of perfection, but I disagree. They are a team that has had great success with Brady as their QB, but the "Patriot way" is just a load.

I don't feel bad for them, I don't care their organization is having these concerns, and they have become an organization I now dislike greatly.

Whatever Patriots, whatever.

They get a mini-pass for drafting him.

They get no pass for shoveling all that money at him when they didnt have to a year ago.

That was a bed they made. That's the one they have to lie in.

My issue with giving them a pass for drafting him is, why ??

There was sufficient enough information about Hernandez to cause many teams to remove him from their draft board entirely.

Was it because they got him in the 4th round maybe ??

This isn't pointed at you Mem, but just a general question as i've seen it written elsewhere.

Patriots cheated to win Super Bowls and Goodell destroyed the evidence to "protect the shield". I hate them.

Basically, they're a bunch of cheating murderers, but, PATRIOT WAY!

The media is complicit in this whole charade. Peter King will basically be a one man PR office for the Patriots this fall as he tries to rehabilitate their image. It's already going on with preemptive strikes like the "we were duped" storyline, which was run hook line and sinker by big news distributors like USA Today. I hope they lose a lot of games, the luster will fade and maybe we can live in the truth for a change.

"Even the Bengals Passed on Hernandez," that f**king headline infuriated me. What the f**k do we have to do with anything related to Hernandez or the Patriots. Seriously. The Patriots royally f**k up and we take the PR hit. If Hernandez is found to have killed anyone else, Goodell will have to come to the Bengals' training camp and lecture our whole squad for the Hard Knocks cameras.

Patriots cheated to win Super Bowls and Goodell destroyed the evidence to "protect the shield". I hate them.

Basically, they're a bunch of cheating murderers, but, PATRIOT WAY!

The media is complicit in this whole charade. Peter King will basically be a one man PR office for the Patriots this fall as he tries to rehabilitate their image. It's already going on with preemptive strikes like the "we were duped" storyline, which was run hook line and sinker by big news distributors like USA Today. I hope they lose a lot of games, the luster will fade and maybe we can live in the truth for a change.

"Even the Bengals Passed on Hernandez," that f**king headline infuriated me. What the f**k do we have to do with anything related to Hernandez or the Patriots. Seriously. The Patriots royally f**k up and we take the PR hit. If Hernandez is found to have killed anyone else, Goodell will have to come to the Bengals' training camp and lecture our whole squad for the Hard Knocks cameras.

Seems to me that the Patriots are more into rehabbing problem cases than the Bengals ever were and frankly, they're no good at it. They tried rehabbing Haynesworth, Chad, Donte Stallworth, Hernandez and now Tebow. What do they have to show for it?

I guess the mini-pass I give them is all teams will take chances on players with talent. At some point.

But they re-upped him, and there were reportedly all sorts of flags flying anew at the point at which they re-upped him. And they re-upped him early. That's all on them.

Also, COB is spot on, as is generally the case.