Gresham/Hernandez Thread

membengal

You always just knew it was going to be more than obstruction.

They way they were taking their time seemed as if they knew they had them, but wanted to make sure they all their ducks in a row.

Wow indeed. Good thing he got that big pay day from the Pats, getting a lawyer to help with this is going to cost him.

I'm sure the Pats will go after the signing bonus. I heard Clayton on the radio earlier saying he believes they can recoup at least $10 million of the $12 million bonus. But that will have to go through a grievance procedure and it could get tricky since he didn't quit like Sanders or Palmer, he was cut.

Some details from Muckraker Mike...

The prosecutor told the court that roughly six to eight hours of footage were missing from Hernandez’s surveillance system after the murder. The prosecutor likewise outlined a series of text messages indicating a desire by Hernandez to meet with Lloyd, along with instructions that one or more others urging them to return to the area, presumably for the meeting with Lloyd.

Text messages and public surveillance cameras, per the prosecutor, indicate that Hernandez picked up Lloyd at 2:30 a.m. ET and drove back to North Attleboro. The prosecutor claims that Hernandez then told Lloyd he was upset that Lloyd had said certain things to others, making it hard for Hernandez to trust him.

Likewise, the prosecutor explained that Lloyd sent text messages while in the car with Hernandez, making others aware that he was with Hernandez.

The prosecutor said that workers at the industrial park heard gunshot wounds, and that surveillance cameras allow prosecutors to piece together that the car Hernandez was driving was at the industrial park, and within minutes thereafter at Hernandez’s home.

The prosecutor said that Hernandez’s surveillance system shows a person getting out of the car with a gun after the shooting, and walking through the house with the gun. Shortly after that, the surveillance system shuts down.

Perhaps most importantly, the prosecutor said a shell casing was found in the car rented by Hernandez. It matches the shell casings found at the scene of the shooting, according to the prosecutor.

The prosecutor called it an “execution,” and he characterized Hernandez as the person who orchestrated the crime, had the motive and means to kill Lloyd, and engaged in efforts to cover up the crime, including telling his fiancée to stop talking to police.

I would have preferred they waited on a TE as well, but it wasn't due to a dislike for Gresham as much as it was due to how they team had historically used the TE in the offensive play calling. It simply wasn't a position they used often enough to warrant the use of a first round pick. I suppose that mindset has changed some over the seasons Gresham has been here, but I still pretty much feel the same way.

agree. so, with the arrival of Eifert, they better figure out how to use the both of them correctly.... two r1's on TE's ... gotta get value, hoping they do.

I was listening to the radio and they said that the Pats should contact the Bengals to see about taking one of our TE's. They may have to pay a bit more than they want but we have a bunch to pick from. We're not giving up our TE that we just drafted, that's for sure! Gresham?? Quinn?? Alex Smith?? Bryce?? Orson??

I was listening to the radio and they said that the Pats should contact the Bengals to see about taking one of our TE's. They may have to pay a bit more than they want but we have a bunch to pick from. We're not giving up our TE that we just drafted, that's for sure! Gresham?? Quinn?? Alex Smith?? Bryce?? Orson??

Orson Charles with Brady throwing him the ball in that offense that LOVES the tight end position would be good for them.

In regards to Eifert, I simply think he's a better TE prospect than Gresham was and isn't coming off an fairly significant "I word".

Some details from Muckraker Mike...

The prosecutor told the court that roughly six to eight hours of footage were missing from Hernandez's surveillance system after the murder. The prosecutor likewise outlined a series of text messages indicating a desire by Hernandez to meet with Lloyd, along with instructions that one or more others urging them to return to the area, presumably for the meeting with Lloyd.

Text messages and public surveillance cameras, per the prosecutor, indicate that Hernandez picked up Lloyd at 2:30 a.m. ET and drove back to North Attleboro. The prosecutor claims that Hernandez then told Lloyd he was upset that Lloyd had said certain things to others, making it hard for Hernandez to trust him.

Likewise, the prosecutor explained that Lloyd sent text messages while in the car with Hernandez, making others aware that he was with Hernandez.

The prosecutor said that workers at the industrial park heard gunshot wounds, and that surveillance cameras allow prosecutors to piece together that the car Hernandez was driving was at the industrial park, and within minutes thereafter at Hernandez's home.

The prosecutor said that Hernandez's surveillance system shows a person getting out of the car with a gun after the shooting, and walking through the house with the gun. Shortly after that, the surveillance system shuts down.

Perhaps most importantly, the prosecutor said a shell casing was found in the car rented by Hernandez. It matches the shell casings found at the scene of the shooting, according to the prosecutor.

The prosecutor called it an "execution," and he characterized Hernandez as the person who orchestrated the crime, had the motive and means to kill Lloyd, and engaged in efforts to cover up the crime, including telling his fiancée to stop talking to police.

Wow was it worth all that?

OK, now it's just getting weird. Hernandez under investigation in 2012 double murder case:

/>http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22547220/report-hernandez-being-investigated-for-connection-to-2012-double-murder

ETA: more details, more weirdness...

/>http://www.boston.com/metrodesk/2013/06/27/former-patriots-player-aaron-hernandez-probed-two-more-murders-law-enforcement-officials-say/0GPNwDdsU4nguqnB2LADYM/story.html

With all thetalk on this site about why the Bengals didn't draft Hernandez and Gronk, we see now that the draft day red flags on these guys were not just talk. They both turned out to bite them in time. Gronk had injury questions and Hernandez had character questions. Now we can argue whether they still would have been better than Gresham but I'd be hard pressed to even fathom a guess at what the Pats would give us right now for our combo of Gresham and Eifert. That team is so TE dependent.

Count me firmly in the camp that believed that Gronk had health questions and did not want him. That's not to say I saw turning cartwheels when they grabbed Gresham....

Hernandez was intriguing but his drug/gang ? made him not an option. Also, thought he was on the small side, comparatively...

Gotta say, AH is pretty well and proper f**ked at this point... Toast.

The best part of this whole story is he's not a Bengal. Nor did he re-sign with the Bengals last summer. That's looking like a worse signing than any Mike Brown has ever done

OK, now it's just getting weird. Hernandez under investigation in 2012 double murder case:

/>http://www.cbssports.com/nfl/blog/eye-on-football/22547220/report-hernandez-being-investigated-for-connection-to-2012-double-murder

I wouldn't say it's getting weird, I'd say it's getting real. They're going to tie that SUV to Hernandez, I'd bet on that. He's just a straight up gangster/murderer. It explains why he keeps a bunch of rented vehicles around, he probably thinks it's a way to avoid getting linked to a crime.

I just don't want to hear Tedy Bruschi use his superior tone and talk about the "Patriot Way" ever again.

Is that like a criminal thing now, renting cars to commit crimes? I've never heard of that but I'm hardly up to speed on the latest state-of-the-art crime techniques.

And yeah, if the half-man/half-god/half-possible-centaur ever utters another peep about how super-special the Pats are, I'll hold him down and you can hit him in the face with a brick. Deal?

Is that like a criminal thing now, renting cars to commit crimes?

I suspect it is an Aaron Hernandez thing. As you noted, he's the dumbest crook in history. He thinks smashing the case on your home security system and turning it over to police will help you. But he's too stupid to know the hard drive contains all the images, and that unless you smash that to bits the cops are going to obtain images of you leaving for the murder, arriving home from the murder with the murder weapon in your hand, walking around your house with the murder weapon in your hand, etc.

I just listened to the bail hearing. If I were his lawyer, the next hearing would be for a change of venue, and would go something like this.

Me: "Your honor, I move for a change of venue."

The Judge: "To where do you suggest I move this case, counselor?"

Me: "To wherever the OJ jury is right now."

Judge: "Motion denied."

Then I would beg the judge to remove me from the case, because Aaron Hernandez is screwed.

Side Note: Hernandez had other guys in the car with him, based on what I just heard in the bail hearing. He text messaged guys who were out of state and had them come to him for this murder. Once the cops get those guys, and they probably already have them, the case against Hernandez will be even stronger. Because those guys will get lawyers who will likely get them a deal for cooperating. Hernandez looks too stupid and too much of a wannabe tough guy to ever cooperate. Plus he looks like the primary offender in this whole thing so they probably won't offer him anything anyway.

Also, this little nugget from the bail hearing should make Roger Goodell feel, oh, not well.

The victim, sensing that he needed to let someone know who he was with, sent 3 text messages to his sister, saying stuff like, "you saw who I left with, right?" She eventually answered him, asking who, and about 2 minutes before he was killed he said something like, "You know I'm with NFL, right?" So instead of using Hernandez' name, he just called him "NFL".

The Shield is not being protected!

Well, it looks like you were right COB. They found the SUV and think that Hernandez was renting it the night of the killings.

/>http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2013/06/27/cops-impound-suv-that-may-connect-hernandez-to-2012-killings/

I think I saw on PFT where the cops have two guys stashed away, presumably the two cronies with AH the night of the most recent murder.

Hey, what the heck ever happened to innocent until proven guilty? Just kidding, I agree with all of you on this one. I just saw this on yahoo - 27 NFL players arrested since the Super Bowl. Bengals have one- Adam Jones. Four of the arrest were from the Browns and three were from the Jets. Most of the comments on the article from fans don’t address the causes of arrest; they speak about the % of ethnic arrest. I’m not going to break down the numbers by race because in my opinion who cares what color someone’s skin is. Crime is crime and stupid is stupid!

http://sports.yahoo.com/photos/27-players-arrested-since-the-super-bowl-slideshow/#crsl=%252Fphotos%252F27-players-arrested-since-the-super-bowl-slideshow%252Faaron-hernandez-photo--2123180296.html

Here's the thing I hate most with the Patriots and it's been mentioned before.

They take chances that blow up in their face and they get a pass. Even PFT has a piece about the head of NFL security or some sh*t, saying that critizing the Patriots is 20/20 hindsight and how they couldn't have seen this coming.

Really ?? Someone that has known drug concerns and possible gang affiliations since his college days, couldn't possibly be in this situation ??

How stupid do they think people are ?? How stupid are they ??

Where was this talk of hindsight being 20/20 when Chris Henry was drafted and got into trouble ?? Odell Thurman ??

People can and do continue their progression of stupidity when they have issues like this when young.

This situation is just ridiculous.

Speaking of ridiculous, what about the Patriot fans found chanting "INNOCENT" at the police bus as it drove by with Hernandez in it ??

I'm amazed at the level of stupidity surrounding every aspect of this situation.

Here's the thing I hate most with the Patriots and it's been mentioned before.

They take chances that blow up in their face and they get a pass. Even PFT has a piece about the head of NFL security or some sh*t, saying that critizing the Patriots is 20/20 hindsight and how they couldn't have seen this coming.

Really ?? Someone that has known drug concerns and possible gang affiliations since his college days, couldn't possibly be in this situation ??

How stupid do they think people are ?? How stupid are they ??

Where was this talk of hindsight being 20/20 when Chris Henry was drafted and got into trouble ?? Odell Thurman ??

People can and do continue their progression of stupidity when they have issues like this when young.

This situation is just ridiculous.

Speaking of ridiculous, what about the Patriot fans found chanting "INNOCENT" at the police bus as it drove by with Hernandez in it ??

I'm amazed at the level of stupidity surrounding every aspect of this situation.

All too true.

Aaron Hernandez' legal team just requested that the Massachusetts state police send all the incriminating video in Hernandez' case to Roger Goodell for safe keeping.

I know exactly when the Patriots free pass will cease to exist. That will happen when the Patriots start losing. In the United States, no matter what we say about principles, integrity, etc., the ends almost inevitably justify the means. Everyone knows the Patriots cheated in their Super Bowl wins, everyone knows Goodell destroyed the evidence, everyone knows they have taken huge chances on bad character guys, everyone knows in spite of their talk of family and the patriot way, as soon as it is financially or strategically expedient, they'll send a used up player unceremoniously out the door. No one cares. They win, and it isn't hyperbole to say that's all that matters. In war the winners write the history books, and in a sort of downscaled version of that, in sports the winners shape the narrative. When they start losing, all these traits that are written off as sort of "wow, they are so competitive, they want to win so badly, they are just smarter than everyone else," will suddenly be looked upon in a different light. Something along the lines of they are blatant cheaters, they use an overly cozy relationship with the Commissioner to get preferential treatment, etc.