Gresham/Hernandez Thread

membengal

Yup, this really eacalated fast (Anchorman). Hernandez may have killed a dude with a trident. Maybe literally.

As army notes, at least our 2009 TE isn't crippled or a murderer. So that's a thing.

Aaron Hernandez being arrested and charged with the full Ray Lewis (obstruction). Maybe more charges to come.

To review...Hernandez looking at jail time, Gronk getting back surgeries with the frequency people go to Starbucks.

Guess Eifert/Gresham shooting up the TE combo lists. Fast.

Review part 2:

Wes Welker gone.

Brandon Lloyd gone.

Gronk an injury question mark.

Hernandez in jail.

Good thing they picked up Tebow because the only thing that will keep their O out of the basement is divine intervention.

Re Hernandez you have to wonder if obstruction isn't the tip of the iceberg.

With all the problems Hernandez had in college with drugs, the thing that has come into my mind is wondering if he ever really left that life behind?

Maybe the money just made it worse and he's managed to not f*ck up until now. Well, it's looks like things have caught up to him.

If you surround yourself with stupid people and do stupid things, sooner or later those actions will catch up to you.

With all thetalk on this site about why the Bengals didn't draft Hernandez and Gronk, we see now that the draft day red flags on these guys were not just talk. They both turned out to bite them in time. Gronk had injury questions and Hernandez had character questions. Now we can argue whether they still would have been better than Gresham but I'd be hard pressed to even fathom a guess at what the Pats would give us right now for our combo of Gresham and Eifert. That team is so TE dependent.

Hernandez destroyed his cell phone and his home security system before he handed them over to police. Can't wait until his lawyers complain that the perp walk was unnecessary, that their client should have been afforded the courtesy of a negotiated surrender. Memo to lawyers who are about to ransack Hernandez' assets: Negotiated surrenders are for defendants who cooperate. Your guy engaged in a conspiracy to obstruct justice, and is still probably doing so.

One funny thing about this: Hernandez may not realize that your cell phone carrier keeps all your call data on their servers. So if he was trying to hide who he had called (and when), and who had called him (and when) he executed, in the words of my 9-year-old, an epic fail. Dude doesn't even understand how cell phone plans work? Eh, University of Florida.

Yeah, unless his phone or security system had actually footage of him shooting the guy I can't see much of a point to it. It just screams that he has something to hide.

Meanwhile on twitter I see Devon Still is having a sad over people judging athletes and how tough it is to be young and have lots of money.

Memo to Devon: STFU.

Dude doesn't even understand how cell phone plans work? Eh, University of Florida.

Hey, stop bashing SEC football athletes. Don't you know they're the best ?? Don't you know how many championships they've won ??

So what if they are too stupid to understand phone plans ?? If he found out you were talking this sh*t, he'd probably kill you.

Oh wait...

With all thetalk on this site about why the Bengals didn't draft Hernandez and Gronk, we see now that the draft day red flags on these guys were not just talk. They both turned out to bite them in time. Gronk had injury questions and Hernandez had character questions. Now we can argue whether they still would have been better than Gresham but I'd be hard pressed to even fathom a guess at what the Pats would give us right now for our combo of Gresham and Eifert. That team is so TE dependent.

Count me firmly in the camp that believed that Gronk had health questions and did not want him. That's not to say I saw turning cartwheels when they grabbed Gresham....

Hernandez was intriguing but his drug/gang ? made him not an option. Also, thought he was on the small side, comparatively...

Gotta say, AH is pretty well and proper f**ked at this point... Toast.

Of course there was still Dennis Pitta in that draft as well as Tony Moeaki and Jimmy Graham....still maintain that they should have traded down but Greasham has certainly been an upgrade over what they had at that time. You guys remember Brewer? Wow...just wow.

I would have preferred they waited on a TE as well, but it wasn't due to a dislike for Gresham as much as it was due to how they team had historically used the TE in the offensive play calling. It simply wasn't a position they used often enough to warrant the use of a first round pick. I suppose that mindset has changed some over the seasons Gresham has been here, but I still pretty much feel the same way.