pacman arrested

UK Bengal

• Replies 83
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

OK, finally took a look at the vid and honestly I can't make out a lot. It starts with Pacman and another guy (I've seen it said that's AJ but I can't tell) talking to people at the far end of the patio. No audio so I have no idea what's being said. Then Adam and his friend start to walk away toward the corner. Then Pacman comes back, not to the group he was talking to before but to a table at the near end of the patio much closer to the camera. I don't know if the girls at that table were part of the group at the other end of the patio of if someone came down from that group. That's where the contact takes place and it lasts about 0.05 seconds.

I think it generally supports Pacman's version but he had multiple opportunities to just walk away, which he should have done but didn't. As I said with Chad: Dumb. Ass.

All he had to do was just walk away and stay out of the situation. But he elected to put his hands on a lady. So, now he's back in the news and maybe facing a suspension or more jail time if he ends up with the wrong judge. Maybe him speaking at the Rookie conference will show the commish that he's learned from his past and wants to help others avoid these problems; the commish may use that kindness during his decision on what or if anything happens the Jones. Time will only tell...

Hard to call it either way without knowing what was said and it's easy to say what he "should have done".

I know I've been in situations where it wasn't so easy to just walk away and sometimes I didn't.

Not condoning others actions and God knows I was wrong when I didn't act appropriately, but it's just hard to say without having audio.

Army, seeing that we went through the same training, BCT, AIT, PLDC, BNCOC, etc. There were plenty of times when you were yelled and screamed at, cussed at, called names, put down, etc. and I know you didn’t retaliate against your NCO or Officer. Why, because you had discipline and were taught right from wrong! I will tell you that ther ewere tns of times when I wanted to pull out a can of whup a$$ on someone while attending OCS; we were treated worse then a PVT!!

It doesn’t matter what was said or done, when you’re a high profile person with a tarnished past, you walk away and avoid those situations.

The point that we haven’t mentioned is the possible circumstances that he’s placed the team in. If we lose him for a number of games or the season, the team will have to find a replacement. So, do we have the depth to deal with that situation, do we spend money on a FA, or do something else… Brother, I'm not fighting you on this, just pointng out my thoughts.

By the way Army, did you know 1SG Holden?

Oh, I agree that "as a Soldier" I would have walked away from another Soldier with little to no issue. It would be words exchanged and nothing more.

I would like to say I was the model Soldier when not in uniform, but that would simply be a lie. I recall one incident, while at a sports bar in San Antonio, that another dude popped off to my wife. While I could have simply said a few words and walked away, I didn't. I was beyond pissed that someone would speak to my wife that way and proceeded to go further than words. I'll leave it at the police being called and agreeing to leave things at getting us separated. Needless to say that event could have caused me more than my fair share of heartache with the Army, but it didn't come back to haunt me. I was lucky, but still can't say that I would react differently today if someone disrespected my wife. I just don't do well with that, but what am I going to do ?? Not leave the house ?? Stuff like that could happen anywhere.

Anyway, knowing with all of my training and the discipline instilled in me through the military and seeing the issues I still had, it doesn't surprise me to see a young football player with millions have these kinds of issues. It really doesn't surprise me that they continue either. It doesn't make those actions right and I also don't condone them, but I also won't say as I would be above that myself.

Just being honest.

1SG Holden ?? The name rings a bell, but I can't place a face.

Where would I know him from ??

Nope, no history of arrest here either, but that could be different if situations turned out another way.

Had some police officers didn't take pity on my dumbass after finding out I was in the Army, things could have gone MUCH differently.

Nope, can't say as I've ever been to Ft. Leonard Wood, so unless we spent time at Ft. Hood or Ft. Sam I would say we probably haven't crossed paths.

Back to Jones, Bill Plaschke of the LA Times chimes in with this gem:

"Isn't this like allowing an accused arsonist to speak to young firefighters while playing with matches?"

No dumbass, it's not, because the arsonist isn't a firefighter speaking to his peers.

Jones, like him or not, is the PERFECT example of what not to do and his recent entanglement goes to serve of how things can continue.

I can only imagine there are plenty of other future "PacMan's" in the making and hearing some mistakes made can't be a bad thing.

The first time is tragedy, the second time is farce.

Separately, Hernandez was accused in a federal lawsuit filed last week in Florida of shooting a man in February after an argument at a Miami strip club, Tootsie’s.

Alexander S. Bradley, a Connecticut resident, alleged that Hernandez fired a gun at him, either intentionally or by gross negligence, destroying Bradley’s right eye and causing extensive damage requiring multiple surgeries “to reconstruct his face.”

Hmmmm...waving a gun around at a strip club, where have we heard that before?

• 1 month later...

Looks like Cap'n Dumba** is in the news again...

Cincinnati Bengal Adam Jones is in court again, being sued for over $100,000 by his former agent who claims Jones owes him for negotiating contracts and an unpaid loan.

Peter Schaffer, Jones’ former agent, is asking a Hamilton County Common Pleas Court judge to enforce a National Football League arbitration judgment he won in April against Jones. The NFL Players Association grievance process, the suit notes, resulted in Schaffer winning the April case that called for Jones, a Bengals defensive back with a troubled legal history, to pay him $113,250.

Despite winning that judgment, Schaffer filed the suit alleging Jones hasn’t paid it. Schaffer is based in Colorado. Jones lives in Anderson Township.

The NFL Arbitrator ordered Jones in April to pay the three percent fee Jones agreed to pay the agent for his 2012 contract with the Bengals for $1,029,500 and the 2013 contract paying Jones 2,350,000. Schaffer negotiated the 2012 one-year contract for Jones and a three-year contract signed in 2013. Jones also was ordered to repay Schaffer a loan.

The Bengals, set to open training camp for the 2013 season, didn’t return Tuesday calls. Jones didn’t immediately return calls left with his Cincinnati attorney, Ed Perry.

/>http://news.cincinnati.com/article/20130723/NEWS0107/307230072/Cincinnati-Bengal-sued-by-agent

I said it before and I’ll say it again, I love his play on the field but this guy has yet to learn how to be a man. I don’t think he’ll ever learn either!! It’s called personal responsibility and just do the right thing!! Is it that flipping hard? Putting your hands on a woman instead of just walking away - real smart. Putting yourself in that situation with your known history with the authorities – another mature act – not!

Jones, stop the stupid crap, grow up, be a man, accept responsibility and just play football!

• 4 weeks later...

Hey, remember this? Well, the trial was supposed to begin today. However, it's been continued with no new date set yet. The guess is that the new date will be sometime after the season. So at least we don't have to worry about Slappy getting suspended...this year.

Looks like the date is October 7. How things play out with the league thereafter is anyone's guess.

If he is found innocent, can he still be suspended?

Definitely. His guilt or innocence in court will have little to do with Goodell's decision. He may not even wait for the court date. The fact that he's waited this long bodes well for Pac Man. That tells me that he's not sure of his guilt and frankly neither am I. I'm inclined to give him a pass on this one

Definitely. His guilt or innocence in court will have little to do with Goodell's decision. He may not even wait for the court date. The fact that he's waited this long bodes well for Pac Man. That tells me that he's not sure of his guilt and frankly neither am I. I'm inclined to give him a pass on this one

As f**ked up as his past is, doesnt mesn he deserves drinks thrown at him hence why he still talked at rookie thing because he does have s**t togather and hes still a target for retards

No one deserves to have a drink thrown at them, agreed.

However, how someone reacts to having the drink thrown at them is another thing.

I won't say I would have done better in that situation, but I won't condone it either.

People know his background and I can see someone doing exactly this in an attempt to get money from him.

Even though I think he has tried very hard to get his life together since being here, he simply has to be smarter than this.

• 1 month later...

Yeah, DC is just a minor misdemeanor citation. Unless he continued to be disorderly after reasonable warning, then it's a M4. I'm interested to see which it was. He was the passenger in a DUI stop. Being a LEO myself, the passenger has to be a HUGE d*ck for me to cite someone with DC, such as repeatedly getting out of the vehicle, interrupting the investigation, etc. etc. I'd be interested to see what his actions were.