Reds vs. Marlins

ArmyBengal

All 6 of the Reds starters this season are sitting below 4.00 in ERA, even Leake. I have a feeling Dusty will stick with Mike when Cueto comes back, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. He didn't give up any runs last night so that's great. He sure walked the tightrope though by giving up 9 hits.

All 6 of the Reds starters this season are sitting below 4.00 in ERA, even Leake. I have a feeling Dusty will stick with Mike when Cueto comes back, and I'm not sure how I feel about that. He didn't give up any runs last night so that's great. He sure walked the tightrope though by giving up 9 hits.

I dont think Leake over Cingrani is a bad decision, but Cingrani sure did show he deserves a spot on this team. Maybe he can be a long reliever and they can send Ondrusak or Simon down or away.

I read an interview from Dusty recently where he said that Cingrani needs to develop another pitch and that he throws about 85% fastballs.

It went on to say that while he might be effective the first time he faces a team, sooner or later teams are going to pick that up and drill him.

If that is the thought process of Dusty and that stat is correct, it wouldn't surprise me to see Cingrani sent back down.

While Leake had a good game last night, he is inconsistent at best.

He will have a game where he looks really good and then the next he gets shelled.

Lets also not forget the Marlins are the worst team in the league.

Reds win 5 in a row and cant even pick up a game, looks like it is going to come down to being able to beat the Cards later this year head to head.

It's a long season. If the Reds just keep taking care of business, then they'll be fine.

I read an interview from Dusty recently where he said that Cingrani needs to develop another pitch and that he throws about 85% fastballs.

It went on to say that while he might be effective the first time he faces a team, sooner or later teams are going to pick that up and drill him.

If that is the thought process of Dusty and that stat is correct, it wouldn't surprise me to see Cingrani sent back down.

I'd agree with this line of thought. He also can't seem to get through more than 5 innings due to his high pitch count (a lot of walks and foul balls). I can see the argument for moving him to the bullpen temporarily.

I can't figure out why they sent Latos out there for the 9th inning last night.

They should have just told him good job and let someone go out there from the jump as opposed to bringing in Chapman with a guy on 3rd and no outs.

It all worked out in the end and it sure is nice to see them taking care of business again.

Hopefully they can keep things together when playing the better teams in the league.

Next...

I can't figure out why they sent Latos out there for the 9th inning last night.

They should have just told him good job and let someone go out there from the jump as opposed to bringing in Chapman with a guy on 3rd and no outs.

It's easy to say that in hindsight, but Latos' pitch count was low and he was still pitching effectively. It'd be a nice break for the bullpen to get back to back complete games out of the starters.

Maybe, but I was actually wondering why they brought him back out in the 8th to be honest.

He loaded the bases with one out and got lucky having the defense turn a double play to get out of the inning.

His pitch count wasn't high, but he was starting to have issues in the 7th.

Cingrani will get another shot to show why he should remain with the team in the next series against the Phillies.

That being said, there was also another report how the Phillies are one of the worst teams hitting against LH pitching.

Therein lies the advantage of being left handed. Against teams like the Phils LH starters are quite valuable. Cingrani need not apologize for having this advantage. We need a lefty or two in our rotation

That said, I do think the way things stand now that he's the one to send out. He does need more work on his off speed stuff and that's not to take anything away from what he did for us while Cueto was out

Man those Marlins are bad. I thought last year's Astros were an aberration but the Marlins of this yr look just as inept