Board Slow

This board is moving really slow for me. I log on then just bail before anything even loads because internet/cellphone exposure has wrecked my frontal lobes and made it impossible for me to patiently wait for anything. When I need to post about "Cleveland Rape Dungeon House", the world can't afford to wait for that vitally important information.

This board is moving really slow for me. I log on then just bail before anything even loads because internet/cellphone exposure has wrecked my frontal lobes and made it impossible for me to patiently wait for anything. When I need to post about "Cleveland Rape Dungeon House", the world can't afford to wait for that vitally important information.

I'm glad you brought that up because I've been having that problem for a couple weeks now. Tonight it's taking about 30 seconds for each page to load. That means posting this message will involve at least a min and half in loading time. My guess is that's contributing to the fewer number of posts around here recently. I've noticed this after clearing cookies (as in it did no good), etc on AOL and IE browsers

I'm glad you brought that up because I've been having that problem for a couple weeks now. Tonight it's taking about 30 seconds for each page to load. That means posting this message will involve at least a min and half in loading time. My guess is that's contributing to the fewer number of posts around here recently. I've noticed this after clearing cookies (as in it did no good), etc on AOL and IE browsers

I'm running the site with Chrome on a Win 7 PC and have not really noticed any significant problems. Honestly, IE has problems - maybe you should try a different browser.

I'm running the site with Chrome on a Win 7 PC and have not really noticed any significant problems. Honestly, IE has problems - maybe you should try a different browser.

Chrome has been fine for me as well. Like I said, at times early in the morning the boards have been completely down. As long as they've been up, though, it's been perfectly fast and responsive.

There might be something to the Chrome. I'm running IE, and it's slow as can be, very slow to even log in. I hate Microsoft with a passion, and am slowly converting everything to apple. So far two iphones in the family, and a laptop. Work computer and home computer are next. I wonder how Safari handles this board, slow like IE or fast like Chrome.

I have everything running through IE and have never really had a big problem with things running slow, unless it was board related.

That being said, I am still having issues with the threads and forum updating after things have been read.

I can refresh the board, which makes the highlighted thread go dim and then when I come back, it's lit up again like there's new content, but there's not.

Oh well.

...am slowly converting everything to apple.

I always knew I didn't like you. Now I finally have firm evidence.

Yep, converting to apple is something I never thought I'd do. But some nasty unresolved software issues with Microsoft at work have convinced me that being in the fanboy cult of Apple is better than continuing to shovel money to the Evil Empire for crap that doesn't work. It has exacerbated my self-loathing.

...am slowly converting everything to apple.

I always knew I didn't like you. Now I finally have firm evidence.

Yep, converting to apple is something I never thought I'd do. But some nasty unresolved software issues with Microsoft at work have convinced me that being in the fanboy cult of Apple is better than continuing to shovel money to the Evil Empire for crap that doesn't work. It has exacerbated my self-loathing.

Yep, I get it. Thankfully, I've never run into any major issues with my PCs.

All I know is that my wife and I got laptops at the same time. I got a Vaio and she got a Mac. Mine was $400 cheaper and has:

1) More memory

2) Larger hard drive

3) Faster processor

4) Larger screen (HD resolution)

5) Blu-Ray Drive

6) HDMI

And so on and so forth. Both machines have been perfectly hassle-free up to this point, although she's had to suffer the inconvenience of running Parallels on her Mac so she can still have access to Windows for a lot of work-related items (she's a programmer).

But, I get the hassle-free "it just works" argument. I've just never been able to overcome the price gap.

i am running Linux Ubuntu with Firefox on a Japanese built NEC laptop. This site has had serious problem for about a month now. Terrible lagging whether I am logged in or not. This is the only site I have issues with. Been running this set up for almost 2 years.